Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jane

OSF DND TTRPG

Soooo, on the latest Center Zoom there was talk of possibly getting together to play some kind of DnD/TTRPG - the subject came up as I'm interested in trying to play, but am totally new to it and have no idea what I'm doing, so a simple short game with some of you folks who have played it sounds really fun. I don't know who would GM, and we'd have to figure out a time, but I wonder if we could make something work? :)

I spoke to Lee and he said he would be happy to run a little introductory type session! For more seasoned players, it'd just be the 5e Intro Adventure so bear that in mind, but he feels it's a great way to introduce it to new folks and to let a group feel out a vibe together, so let's make this happen!

• Like 1
  • Shiny 2

A'ight, if it's for Jane I'm in. I'm pretty much Newb as well because the only experience I've had is helping out with a couple times playing an NPC chars and that was like 8 years ago. 😅 So I'll be in the same boat with Jane but if we need bodies I know a couple friends who might wanna join for a 1 shot. 

• Shiny 1

Lee is a very experienced DM and he knows how to help new folks along, so don't sweat any noob feelings, we all start somewhere. I haven't played in YEARS so I might as well be back to the basics but that's part of why I'm eager for this to happen!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Anelle said:

don't sweat any noob feelings

I quickly read that as "boob feelings" at first, which wouldn't have been surprising considering it was Anelle.

Any way, i'll give it a shot, i've been thinking about giving it a go at some point.

• Shiny 1
  • ROFL 2

I might be down for this.  Especially if you need bodies.  Not sure how big of a party you're trying to have, but it's definitely been a little too long since I've done some DnD.

Duuuude melee bitcheeeeeeees :fencing:

Also I totally forgot it we wanted at least jpegs of characters. Maybe we use the hero forge maker. I remember doing a couple for a hash tag challenge and this is one of the ones I kept. For example purposes. 

20201206_184215.jpg

https://www.heroforge.com/

catpeering.png.7fee19ad1594d57d173f8054f4a4ef21.png

Yes hello I will Dungeon one (1) Dragon

• Shiny 3

7 hours ago, Tassifox said:

Maybe we use the hero forge maker.

Neat

ubAfuuH.jpg

• Shiny 2

I won't be able to use HeroForge easily I'm afraid, my ancient computer almost can't handle it since it put in all those nice 3D background updates, lol. It is a great tool though!

BUT I have approximately a billion picrews at my disposal so can easily come up with a character pic!

• Like 3

pfft heroforge and picrews PLEASE let an expert show you how it's done here's my fully polished character design

image.png.401d1b006e6353c7d7cc5955c271a827.png

are they horns? are they cat ears? who fucking knows but there's BIG OLE BAZONGAS

• ROFL 4

Massive badongahonkerinos

• ROFL 1

4 hours ago, Anelle said:

pfft heroforge and picrews PLEASE let an expert show you how it's done here's my fully polished character design

are they horns? are they cat ears? who fucking knows but there's BIG OLE BAZONGAS

Hey that's the concept art for Ilulu from Dragon Maid

• ROFL 3

On 7/14/2021 at 10:30 AM, Lucy said:

I won't be able to use HeroForge easily I'm afraid, my ancient computer almost can't handle it since it put in all those nice 3D background updates, lol. It is a great tool though!

BUT I have approximately a billion picrews at my disposal so can easily come up with a character pic!

Do you happen to have a saved list of these picrews? :shiny: Sounds like a good idea for a thread in ye olde Creative Works forum... :3
(I do picrews and then immediately forget where the source is, lol)

I'll give the HeroForge thingy a go if I can but picrew is probably more my jam anyway. :unkeke:

...So stoked that it looks like we can do this! I feel like finding a time will be difficult but we'll get there somehow. I suppose we should see when Lee can reasonably do and work from there.

• Like 1
  • Shiny 1

https://discord.gg/bHDyrBuvhw Lee has requested that players join this server! He said 6 party is about the limit and it looks like we've got 6 of us with our hats in the ring! 

• Like 2

Sweet. Nelle let me know what we might need for char sheets. 

As for timing weekends usually tend to work out for me Sat night-Sundays since my other off days usually bounce throughout the week days.

On 7/16/2021 at 11:19 AM, Jane said:

Do you happen to have a saved list of these picrews? :shiny: 

I have a few bookmarked, and another D&D Discord I'm in has a specifically-good-for-TTRPG ones in their own channel to catalogue them! Normally I just browse the main picrew page and roll with what I find, but I could def grab you a list! :unkeke:

A1B3hzi.png

• Shiny 3

On 7/15/2021 at 9:07 AM, Anelle said:

image.png.7c1ad88ac55997279a9b5f22bd11e8f9.png

• Like 1
  • Shiny 3

Big horns AND big ears, I LOVE THEM

I'd love to get in on this. My module just ended (I passed with a gloriously mediocre "C") so I have time for shit like this now :O

Looks like yall already started though! Consider me for the next one?

• Shiny 1

Heroforge pretty cool, here's a military veteran mage I threw together :O

exmilwiz.png

• Like 2

We might have had someone bow out, we're still discussing when this will actually be able to happen, so there might be a spot open! Everything's up in the air right now though

• Like 1

What she said, due to scheduling stuff we maybe looking either at the end of the month or into Sept to doing it. 

Which in one side gives us more time to figure out stuff and details. 

In other side we're getting excited (at least I am lol)

Been playing with my char looks already

Screenshot_20210718-183449_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210718-183503_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 8:48 AM, Anelle said:

I spoke to Lee and he said he would be happy to run a little introductory type session! For more seasoned players, it'd just be the 5e Intro Adventure so bear that in mind, but he feels it's a great way to introduce it to new folks and to let a group feel out a vibe together, so let's make this happen!

I even suggested lee I think in the zoom call >.>

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hornet said:

I'd love to get in on this. My module just ended (I passed with a gloriously mediocre "C") so I have time for shit like this now :O

Looks like yall already started though! Consider me for the next one?

Aw yeah! :shiny:
As Tassi says, it's looking like it might start in September - and there might be a space open (depending on how busy things are for P666S around then).

(Also, YAY for passing the module! Congrats! :D )

1 hour ago, Rulkster said:

I even suggested lee I think in the zoom call >.>

Ah yeah, I remembered you mentioning someone but couldn't recall who. :nod: