Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Summer Anime 2021

As far as I know, the only way to see full uncensored versions of this would be from the home release versions after broadcast. I know Funimation aired a lot more uncensored stuff for the US streams but not all of the censoring was removed. For example this scene from Gou (linked in the following spoiler for, well, spoilers and NSFW) still had censoring in the US stream but most other stuff did not. This is the uncensored version though

Spoiler

The US regional blurays aren't out yet but I think the first set is due to come out in October? So we'll start seeing rips then. There might be some from the Japanese blurays but I haven't looked that hard because I plan on buying the bluray sets when they come out.

• Shiny 1

Yea. Depending on the series I've seen, gogoanime post uncensored versions of some animes alongside with the censored ones but Higurashi hasn't been one of those.

On that note.

Spoiler

Holy fucking shit Mion. First Shion, then Grandma, now the other Family Heads?!

"Controls the curse" isssss kinda loose there Mion. 

Fuck, WTF DOWN THE PRIVY?!

Yup. Saddest timeline for me right now. 

tfw you learn of a Shaman King remake: :cookie1:

tfw you learn it's only on Netflix: :cookie3:

• ROFL 1

Latest episode of Opera Girl made me tear up just a little bit because it reminded me of my High school Choir teacher who was one of the few I loved and respected in that damn place. :crying:

Also realized that one of summer anime I was trying to keep an eye out for was titled differently because of the lengthy title. Tskukimichi: Moonlight Fantasy reminds me of Konosuba but not too overly outrageous combined with shit that would happen in a DnD game. I like the animation and so far first ep is giving me some good vibes. Since I dropped a couple titles I'm hoping this one is a keeper. 

Higurashi

Spoiler

Wow....just wow Satoko.....master manipulator and I ACTUALLY feel bad for your uncle :frownd:

Dragon Quest with more '90s shonen hype :shiny:

Totally disappointed about the Kagushigoto Movie....it was a "Theatrical Compilation" movie which is a fancy way for saying "RECAP OF SERIES AND ADD A FEW BITS OF IN BETWEEN STUFF" :nono:

I didn’t know there was going to be a movie but I guess I don’t need to watch it so all’s well :rotfl:

• Like 1

Higurashi

Spoiler

OH

SHIT

• Like 1

I just finished it. Fuuuuuuuck..........

Higurashi

the freakout part of my reaction

Spoiler

SHE SAID IT

SHE FUCKING SAID IT

SHE SAID WITCH

"WITCH" AND "GAME BOARD" ARE IN THE HIGURASHI LEXICON NOW 

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

the actual discussion part 

Spoiler

God this is so surreal to watch. Fucking Teppei in an apron lmaooooooooooo. The gleeful rolling in the mud to stage bullying. 

The biggest question comes from Satoko's breakdown--- when she is looking over her shoulder and apologizing, who is she speaking to? Is she speaking to her friends, to Rika? Is she looking through the fragment and speaking to Eua? Is she speaking to all of them at once? Is she speaking to her "original" self? 

It seems like the breakdown started as acting and spiraled into a real breakdown. Guess we gotta wait and see how the rest of this played out :O

• Like 2

Spoiler

I was legit wondering if Satoko is starting to get a bit in over her head now. At first I thought she was internally villain cackling because things are going in motion to her plotting but once she started rolling around the ground that way (even if it was a part of the plotting to fool her uncle) I was wondering if the Satoko that made this pack with Eua is starting to get absorbed and slightly derailed by the power she's been given. 

And only 7 more episodes left!!!!!!! 

3 hours ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

Been waiting for you or Tassi to post so I'd know whether I'd have to wait an extra week for an episode or not

So along with keeping track of what episodes I leave off on what series I watch, I've recently been now keeping track of what days of the week they release so I can get hyped. 🤣

There have been some slow spots, but overall I am still enjoying Aquatope quite a bit. It’s all I’m watching this summer, outside of old stuff. It’s a feel-good kinda show. 

So apparently Fena: Pirate Princess started up and I'm only on ep 2 (all that is out so far) but I like it. Still holds true from the people who did B the Beginning and I'm liking what glimpse we see of characters so far. 

I totally forgot that I was going to check that out this season... I forget about things when they start late in the season :lolgrin: I guess I know what I'm watching tonight!

• Like 1

I only had time for one episode last night. Fena is off to a good start! I think I'll enjoy this show quite a bit.

• Like 1

Fena #2 — It seems like this show is going to have a really fun cast of characters! (Except maybe Yukimaru, what a buzzkill :badrazz:) I’ve got pretty high hopes that this is gonna be a good one. 

The idea to run Peach Boy Riverside out of chronological order was really dumb.

I guess I'll just wait for all the episodes to air and then watch the series. 

Okay so it wasn't just me who noticed that. I even rewatched the ending of rhe last episode before it switched to make sure if I missed something. Then I wondered if it was a glitch on Gogoanime's end doing that. Nope. Kay. 

Higurashi 

Spoiler

FUCK! UNCLE'S GOING OFF SCRIPT (or is he?) 

SHIT! FUCK! SHITSHITSHIT!!!

NOOOO OOISHI SAAAAAAAAN

SHIT! THE SCRATCHING ALREADY STARTS!

RUN KUMA CHAN! RUUUUUN

W-T-F

Aquatope #7 — I thought it was just going to be ‘the swimsuit episode’ (every anime gotta have one :lol:) but there was a lot more depth to it than that. I am going to be so bummed out if they don’t save this good damn aquarium :crying: 

Fena #3 — This show is super fun. Another very solid episode. The twins :rotfl: And Yukimaru was pretty badass :cool:

HIGURASHI

Spoiler

AEDTFGAFT SZDRGVBASEDRWGVFAWERDGVFASDVASDVASFERBAEFRTBHAERFGVAERFDGVAERDFGVALE;FSB AEDDS;LKJGVBAERKTJBHANL;KVNADJKVG;LWARG

• ROFL 2

Anybody going to check out Edens Zero? I think the first part of it just hit Netflix... I might have a look this weekend.

9 hours ago, Anelle said:

HIGURASHI

Hide contents

AEDTFGAFT SZDRGVBASEDRWGVFAWERDGVFASDVASDVASFERBAEFRTBHAERFGVAERFDGVAERDFGVALE;FSB AEDDS;LKJGVBAERKTJBHANL;KVNADJKVG;LWARG

Spoiler

Yes

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Psycho666Soldier said:
  Hide contents

Yes

Spoiler

cd3hbgksbqj71.png

• ROFL 1

Aquatope #8 — that’s one scary crab :rotfl: Another very touching episode. After a slow-ish start, Aquatope has turned out to be quite good. 

Higurashi 

Spoiler

HOLY SHIT SATOKO IS SPLIT IN TWAIN!

So now we have evil Satoko. 

Fuck shit fuck fuck shiiiiiiit

Pirate Princess

Spoiler

I'm calling either descendant of Joan of Arc or Reincarnation. Probably the first since the time of execution and the stone commission are closely related 

YOSHHHHHHHHHH i am on board for Fena, finally had a stretch where I felt good enough to watch something new in bulk and I am loving it so far

• Shiny 1

To Your Eternity finished today and of course I cried. Glad they've got the green light on S2 for next fall season in 2022 and it doesn't leave on a too terrible cliffhanger. Now I have nothing for Monday lineup. 

Higurashi

Spoiler

Fuuuuuck.....just FUUUUUUUCK

Poor Keichi

Poor Ooishi

Everyone......

GAWD DAMN SATOKO

Higurashi

Spoiler

Forget witches, Rena of this fragment needs to ascend to godhood and kill everyone after what she had to witness fuuuuuck me

Very excited for these last few eps!

Only 4 left! My body isn't ready! :mosh:

Fena #5

The episode started well, but I got bored when it turned into the group just walking through corridors. At least Karin provided some good comic relief :rotfl:

Of course the bad guys took Fena. No shocker there. It was disappointing that there wasn't a fight. That would have been more exciting. It wasn't a very suspenseful ending because I doubt that they will have much trouble escaping somehow. The episode ended in a bit of a disappointing way. I'm sure the show will get back on track next week though.

Fena 5

Spoiler

I'm with you, this episode had some neat moments but a lot of it was just kinda flat. Also I know it's dramatic anime timing but those explosives would have killed the crew walking away in the corridor at the rate it went lmaooooooooooooo good job idiots

Higurashi: Only 3 eps left. 

Spoiler

I feel so horrible for Rika. I'm legit surprised she was gonna give it another 5 loops when it was looking even more hopeless and even more so now without Hanyuu. 

Just holy fuck.  

Higurashi

Spoiler

AUUUUUUUGH this episode was frustrating but I enjoyed it. I knew we still had a bit more "answers" to go but I wasn't sure how much of an episode it would take up. I really wanted them to flashback and show Oka (Hanyuu's daughter) doing the ritual on her since they've showed Rika's dance so much but alas. 

Well we still have 3 episodes still so we'll see?

Nah, this would have been the episode to do it..... unless it somehow becomes relevant I guess but it'd be really weird for it to happen now =( the moment has passed

• Like 1

Anybody else watching Aquatope still? I think it’s been very good. 

I've been watching. It's alright for the most part but i'm mainly watching to see if they ever actually explain

Spoiler

The fucking orange pineapple hair'd spirit that's been just fucking hanging around!!!!!

I don’t know if little dude will ever be explained directly… it seems like nobody can see it..? Could be a plot twist later though. Maybe Gramps is buddies with it!

Spoiler

That was my thought that obviously it's the thing that's making all the "good vibes supernatural stuff" that tends to pop up at Gama Gama. Also, oh yea, it's totes n9t being seen by anybody (yet?) It's probably one of the reasons that Gramps is so calm about the current situation as well as the reason that gramps started Gama Gama in the first place. I just want something explained even if it's not directly.

Fena #6

Another not-so-great episode IMO. At least Karin once again provided some timely comedic relief! It was a bummer to see Yukimaru split from the rest of the gang. I don’t really know what’s going on between Abel and the pirate chick and the necklaces, and then there’s the business about Abel and Fena’s mum. Spell it out for me already and then let’s move along

:rotfl:

You are not a fan of mystique are you? Like seriously the mystery story bits are what make this, B: the Beginning and a bunch of other anime that i've seen you make this complaint on good! :sweat:

Spoiler

Abel is probably a lot older than he looks if he knew Fena's mother because he obviously has an obsession with her. Or maybe he had an admiration for her at a young age which turned into an obsession. Which doesnt help that Fena looks exactly like her (probably is attempting a ressurection of her mother through her)

Pirate chick and Abel are buttgina buddies (and clearly she's more into him than he her) but probably doesnt know Able as long as he's known Fena (childhood friends perhaps?) Pirate chick and Abel probably have a semi-similar goal with Eden that is/was symbolized with the pendant (which betcha is tied to Helena too since Abel has a matching pendant)

16 hours ago, Tassifox said:

You are not a fan of mystique are you? Like seriously the mystery story bits are what make this, B: the Beginning and a bunch of other anime that i've seen you make this complaint on good! :sweat:

I really like mysteries, the mystery genre, but in my mind  Fena is more of an action/adventure. I don't really see the need to dwell on the other stuff as much. But that's just me :) 

Rimuru is also poor at his communication skills. I'm half expecting Raphael to just up and mentally bitch slap him around at a breaking point of patience :sweat: