Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Summer Anime 2021

Higurashi

Spoiler

GODDAMNIT THESE MOTHERFUCKERS

GIVE ME SOME ACTUAL PLOT PROGRESSION PLEASE I AM BEGGING HOLY SHIT

Or at least announce another 13 eps or something fuuuuuuck me

Also they censored fuckin' EVERYTHING this time I wonder why they backtracked on that for US release

• Shiny 1

Spoiler

I noticed that too, normally they've been okay but damn they got hit hard by censoring. 

HOLY FUCK, SATOKO LET IT SLIP FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!

2 EPS LEFT

Gama Gama :sad:

Fena #7

Ah, more of the excitement I was hoping for! I didn’t think Abel would sink the pirate gals quite so ruthlessly… absolutely crushed them. Harsh. Seems like nobody survived. It was pretty predictable for Yukimaru, and then the rest of the gang, to come to the rescue at just the right time, but I thought it was great anyhow. The first scenes where they decide to all go save Yukimaru and Fena were very nice too.

Fena 6 & 7

Spoiler

I somehow forgot to watch Fena last week so I went in today thinking I was watching the newest one.... then it finishes and ep 7 autoplayed and I was all YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Things picked back up, jesus. That was pretty fucking brutal.

Fena

Spoiler

Called it on Abel having a thing for Fena's mom. Now the question is, is Abel Fena's biologcal dad? He was hinting at a possibility of that. Possibly a 1 way feelings on Helena that went south and lead up to all this right now.  

No surprise that the army is who killed almost everyone and burned Fena's ship. Especially with Abel's obsession on Helena and Eden. 

Higurashi

Spoiler

holy shit finally some new shit and it's just these two BEATING THE ABSOLUTE FUCK OUTTA EACH OTHER 10/10 LMAO

• Shiny 1

HIGURASHI

Spoiler

Holy fuck it's become all out war.

All that poor food wasted from the blood.....

HOLY FUCK THEY'RE BACK TO THE PRESENT?!

FUCK FU K DUCK FUUUUUUUUCK

GO RIKAAAAAA

This is the ultimate bitch fight

OOOOOOGJHHHHJDJEJENXKSKDDHHDDWJJSSHSBDBDBHDHDHFUUUUUUUUUCK!

HOLY SHIT OF COURSE THE REST OF THE FUCKING SWORD WOULD BE IN THE DUMP

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT

How the fuck can they no be disoriented after every scenery switch?

Go Hanyuuu!

I love how i'm typing this right as Nelle responds first lol. 

Fuck i need a smoke after that viewgasm.

On 9/16/2021 at 9:09 PM, dr. b said:

Gama Gama :sad:

⬆️ more of this :sad:

Episode 12 was very touching. I’m curious to see what direction they take with Aquatope in the second part. Feels like it’s going to start with a time skip. 

Fena

Spoiler

Soooooo fucking glad Fena's not super dwelling on the most recent info from Shinta and things. 

Finally a confession. Now time for awkwardness. 

CAN I JUST SAY THAT IF THEY DON'T MAKE MORE SEASONS OF KAGEKI SHOUJO I'M GOING TO FUCKING RIOT I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH AND ALL THE PERFORMANCES AND THE SPECIAL ENDINGS AND ARGLQAETRFHBQEARFGADFGRAERDF I WANT TO WATCH THEM BECOME STARS BUT THEY DEFINITELY PLAYED IT SAFE WITH HOW THEY WRAPPED IT UP PLEASE GOD GIVE ME MORE

Fena was also good. 

Seriously agree on Kageki Shoujo!

Higurashi

Spoiler

that was a lovely end in many ways and i'm so psyched to hear that song in one of the anime adaptations for once but hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why why all of this

This settles it, this was more of a bridge for Ciconia than it was about Higurashi guess i'll finally start playing that lmao

edit to add more now that I'm not eating while I type lollllllll: I'm actually shockingly satisfied. I may flail and whine about not getting the full on Umineko stuff I wanted but a lot of that was dramatics for show... I actually got FAR MORE of that than I ever expected! Ciconia is on my must-play list anyway but I had been kinda holding out until there was news on chapter 2 coming so I wouldn't hit that wall of wanting more with no relief in sight, but this has just made me go ok, there's no time like now to dive in to that story! 

There were a lot of problems with Gou and Sotsu, especially Sotsu just being mostly reused footage. I would have been happy with a much more condensed single answer arc that maybe had Satoko narrate a bit about what point of Gou they were on while showing her influence on it and then these last 2 eps as finale. Just a handful of eps to wrap things up. Would have still been a neat "graduation" themed bow on top of this crazy set of timelines. 

• Like 1

Higurashi

Spoiler

Part of me if sliiiiightly eh on it because AFTER ALL THIS FUCKED UP SHIT they basically learned a normal life lesson about friendship when growing up and lives splitting up. Like wha?! Just that clean cut after *gestures to alllllllll that season*

BUT overall i'm glad that pretty much everyone survives and happy ending. Was kinda hoping to see shocked Satoko seeing brother awake but. *shrugs* i can take. 

I'm sure i could find things in this to pick at but overall. It was a fucking awesome season. 

Spoiler

Yeah like... I can give some leniency to Satoko and Rika for having to learn a very basic lesson in the worst possible way because despite the time they've spent looping, they started with the minds of children and the time they spent looping was not focused on something so glaringly simple.... but even now, they will never be able to learn and understand this lesson the way normal humans will. SUCK IT, LOSERS I guess but this really leans into the relationship their witch counterparts have in Umineko and hhhhhhhhhh I GOT SO MUCH MORE OF THAT THAN I THOUGHT I'D ACTUALLY GET LOL

I'm glad we got at least a glimpse of Shion and Satoshi but man... couldn't we have gotten a little more??? Couldn't we see Shion and Satoko reunite with Satoshi? Come ooooooooon whyyyyyyyy why this

• Like 1

Spoiler

Legit, i got the hint about their god-counterparts continuing the "chase" as it were leaving Rika and Satoko behind (especially when Satoko does 1 final snap)

And seriously! I also felt like we never got the full story behind Ooishi-san's past and why he was obsessed with solving the "curse" other than what they did reveal. But i'm as satisfied as i'm gonna get especiallt with the last disappointments with Promised Neverland and Shadow House. 

Aquatope #13 — I was feeling pretty bummed out from the Blue Jays’ loss. The start of this episode really cheered me up. New OP is great. I like the new girl in marketing with Kukuru. Everybody’s back in the aquarium :nod: Then it took a turn and I started getting bummed out again. “Nastiness” is right :rip: Reminds me of some folks I have the misfortune of working with… but then that final scene made everything better :loved: That was pretty damn perfect. 

Fena

We have our heading!

This week’s episode of Fena was pretty nice. Not much excitement, but it was nice. I assume we’ll get back to the fun and action next week. 

Higurashi

Spoiler

About the point of Rika/Satoko giving their goodbyes, I felt like the season ended unsatisfyingly, and the happy ending just felt a bit too clean and sanitized until they showed Tomitake and Takano coming back and ESPECIALLY Satoshi waking up.  From there, I thought the idea of Satoko choosing to accept the life she has without Rika - which is pretty good considering everyone else including Mega Uncle Teppei is there - was such a powerful and fitting end.

Overall, I felt Gou was a much better season in consistency/execution.  As was said, this season really missed a lot of opportunity with all the reused footage that could have been pared down.  And it's really a shame we got almost NO Keichi/Mion/Shion in their older forms.  But overall, it was still a wild season with a cool plot.  I look forward to seeing if this continues into other parts of the universe.

• Like 2

Higruashi

Spoiler

The manga adaptation of Gou/Sotsu is taking different routes than the show did, so there's speculation that it might continue on and branch out a bit more. I haven't read any of that yet though, was saving it for after this finished airing and haven't gotten to it yet.

• Like 1