Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Playstation General

I should probably finish Horizon Zero Dawn one of these days. 

I'm excited about Demon Souls though, but I'm pretty sure like the PS3 original price point I won't be able to afford this at launch. 

• Like 2

Okay, redoing my original post since when I went to edit the first one it wouldn't let me type anything between the videos so I couldn't edit in spoiler tags. X_x

Trailers:

Mavel's Spider-man: Miles Morales :mosh::spidey: 

Spoiler

GTAV/GTA Online moving to PS5 (also something about free game currency every month on PS4 until it releases I guess?)

Spoiler

Project Athia (New Square-Enix thing using their fancy engine they never seem to be able to make a game on)

Spoiler

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Spoiler

Stray (Play as cat in world where humans are extinct and robots have replaced them? That's the impression I got anyway)

Spoiler

Returnal (looks interesting despite 'Revengence' level of bad naming convention)

Spoiler

Destruction Allstars (Destruction Derby meets Overwatch style game? I don't really know how to describe this otherwise)

Spoiler

Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Spoiler

Oddworld: Soulstorm

Spoiler

Kena: Bridge of Spirits (might be neat)

Spoiler

Goodbye Volcano High (dinosaur 'furry' drama... game... thing? )

Spoiler

Ghostwire: Tokyo (Been waiting to see gameplay for this. May have potential)

Spoiler

Jett: The Far Shore (some kind of space colonization thing? No gameplay so hard to say what it will be)

Spoiler

Godfall
(Looked interesting when it revealed at the game awards, but seems straight forward and uninteresting in terms of gameplay. Will wait and see on this one)

Spoiler

NBA 2K21 :cookie2:

Spoiler

Gran Turismo 7 (It definitely appears to be Gran Turismo)

Spoiler

Solar Ash (stylized artsy indy game looking thing. might be neat)

Spoiler

Demon's Souls (remake I guess? Looks pretty)

Spoiler

Resident Evil 8
(this was fun to watch because no idea what it was at first reminded me of when they revealed the 'Biohazard' one set in the house with the fucked up family)

Spoiler

Deathloop (remember this from a Bethesda E3 thing. Actually looks like it has potential though also potentially frustrating)

Spoiler

Little Devil Inside (might be cool. Not sure. Artsy looking thing but vague trailer confuses me about what its actually about)

Spoiler

Hitman III (Hitman gonna hit)

Spoiler

Astro's Playroom (This was bound to happen eventually I guess)

Spoiler

Bugsnax (What in the actual fuck did I just watch?)

Spoiler

Horizon: Forbidden West :shiny: 

Spoiler

Hardware Reveal :monocle:

Spoiler

• Shiny 3

Hardware looks dorky.  I hope there's a black version.

Hyped as fuck for Spider-Man though.  Holy god. :jumboshiny:

Saw an image right on at the PS5 and immediately thought of something so I made this:

gI0axEQ.png

:sleep:

I'm sure I'd be excited about Spidey and Horizon 2 but I haven't gotten around to the first games yet :lurk:

RE8's reveal was cool as fuck but I'm a solid NOPE on first-person horror

A dedicated Sackboy platformer is something I'd be into, never cared to go for LBP because not really into UGC

Ratchet's always a cool as fu bargain bin game

$799 US DOLLARS :sick:

They showed a whole lot of cool stuff. This was a better games reveal than what Microsoft did a few weeks back. A good mix of first/third party games. Just about everything looked interesting to me, except for Gran Turismo, the Oddworld game, and whatever the fuck Bugsnax was.

The console design itself looks kind of dumb. I don't know what I wanted it to look like, but that sure as hell wasn't it.

• Like 1

I at least like it better than the dev kit thing that was floating around, and we knew what it would be called instead of being disappointed by the code name overshadowing what the console is actually named like Microsoft likes to do. Would definitely prefer it and the controller all black but it could certainly be worse.

Supposedly the price listing that popped up on Amazon UK was a "dummy listing". At the very least I'm hoping it was a ploy to get a large price point circulating so it sounds a lot better when they reveal it's actually closer to a $500 price range.

It's not going to be 800 dollars lol.  It's going to be 500 at most for one of them.  I know there are 2 but there's no fucking way.  It's going to be 500 or less.

I could see it being slightly higher than $500 for the top-of-the-line unit because they were having problems locking down parts before corona hit. Also I don't think either Xbax or Praystation are gonna eat a price hit during a pandemic economy because they're probably selling less consoles right off the bat this time out than last time out anyways.

There was a Canadian retailer who had a placeholder list at the equivalent of $550 USD. Guaranteed they are going to avoid $599 because of the meme.

Just saw that the Spider-man thing isn't actually a full game. It's a standalone expansion thing like Sony likes to do with their first party devs these days. Not that I have any particular problem with that, but it feels like it takes away from it a bit. At least it'll only be like $30 at that point probably.

Also, missed a trailer when I put up the other ones. This is one of the ones I found interesting too (though need to wait for actual game play before I know if I'll even want to play it I guess).

Pragmata

Spoiler

I haven't watched any of the videos or read much of the coverage, but my instant reactions are:

- it is very ugly

- it's probably gonna be obscenely expensive, especially here in Canada

Truly groundbreaking box art

Kinda interested to see what ps5 cases actually look like.

Well not the console since yeah...I really hope they have an all black one because the one they've shown is oogly.

God of War 5 next year too baybeeeeee!

Also this

Are Sony and MS trying to out-ugly each other with these dumb looking new consoles :rotfl:

So much for pre-orders starting tomorrow. Fucking Walmart. Thought I almost had one with Best Buy (just had to confirm my order. Was in my cart, payment info accepted, etc.) and then it wouldn't progress past trying to confirm it and eventually everything went down and it disappeared out of my cart. :( 

Some cool looking stuff in that. Looking forward to the next God of War and am intrigued by FFXVI. Thought it was going to be some sort of FFXIV thing at first but then it showed some combat bits and I was like "Wait, what?" Must be the same character designer or something because the art style and designs were a lot like what XIV has.

Seems like Pre-Orders are getting through on Best Buy right now, if anyone's trying at the moment.

Managed to get one this time. Was weird as hell though. Could only select the normal console (digital only button was greyed out), and when I went to check out, it wouldn't let me pick my normal Best Buy store for pick up and wouldn't let me even try to select just shipping it to me. Had to pick a store that's 90 min. away in another state to get it to go through. REALLY hope there's not a snow storm around when it comes out. XD

Tried Best Buy twice last night, got as far as the payment options page, and no more. Must've tried both times for about an hour. I managed to get a pre-order thru Target, but i'm not too confident on it to be honest. Wasn't feeling great last night so I went to bed early, and of course that's when Best Buy tried to allow pre-orders again. :sweatdrop:

Edit: I'm seeing Target re-opened pre-orders around 2AM my time, so i'm assuming that means the one I made earlier is safe.

12 hours ago, Mera'din said:

Managed to get one this time. Was weird as hell though. Could only select the normal console (digital only button was greyed out), and when I went to check out, it wouldn't let me pick my normal Best Buy store for pick up and wouldn't let me even try to select just shipping it to me. Had to pick a store that's 90 min. away in another state to get it to go through. REALLY hope there's not a snow storm around when it comes out. XD

Best Buy was being REALLY weird for me last night with them getting slammed. Option for In Store Pickup or Ship would disappear, it wouldn't let me select ANY location for In Store Pickup, I'd try changing between the two options and it just wouldn't happen.

I think I got the Ship option, but I THINK I'd be able to change that to pick up at my normal store at some point if I want to switch over to that.

Managed to get Target and Best Buy so I should be safe.  Going to give my 2nd pre-order to a friend if he can't get one. :nod:

This thing is going for $499.99 (digital ed.) / $629.99 in Canadian funbucks :uhoh:

And just to compare: Apparently the Xbox Series S / X will be priced at $379.99 / $599.99

If anyone's PS+ is about to run out, they're selling a year of it for around 30 dollars on CDKeys.

Let's be honest: PS5 preorders could have gone a lot worse and you guys would still line up to buy the damn things anyways :rotfl: :fup:

7 hours ago, Nick said:

If anyone's PS+ is about to run out, they're selling a year of it for around 30 dollars on CDKeys.

I was like "oh what a deal" and then realized I'm setup until 2024 and was like...okay so maybe I just sit this out for a bit then. :lol:

That was actually kind of cool. That fan and heatsink are fucking enormous. XD It looks like it should be a fuck ton easier to clean out if it gets really dusty, at least at the surface level which is nice. The PS4 was a bit annoying to do that with (the PS4 Pro was pretty straight forward though so I guess they're learning?)

Cool video.  Later people showed where the NVMe slot is and it's super easy to get in there and uses actual standard parts as usual (though there are minimum specs).

• Like 1

Just got an email saying I'll get my PS5 controller before the PS5 itself comes out, lol.

You ordered one directly from Sony or...?  I'm confused. :lol:

Those things are fucking expensive so we're strictly in "bring your own fucking controller when you visit" mode for now (not buying a 2nd one :P ).

Yes, I got my controller from Sony.

Did you get your PS5 from them too?

8 hours ago, webhead said:

Those things are fucking expensive so we're strictly in "bring your own fucking controller when you visit" mode for now (not buying a 2nd one :P ).

Since when does anybody visit anybody anymore :rotfl: More like "bring your own controller and proof of vaccination when you visit" whenever that time comes

4 hours ago, webhead said:

Did you get your PS5 from them too?

No, that I got from Target

15 hours ago, little birdy said:

Since when does anybody visit anybody anymore :rotfl: More like "bring your own controller and proof of vaccination when you visit" whenever that time comes

Well right now....yeah.  But we're not going to be stuck in our houses for the next 5 years. :P

4.5 years maybe

PS+ Games for November have been revaeled:

:ps5: Bugsnax

:ps5: :ps4: Middle-earth: Shadow of War (PS4 game)

:ps5: :ps4: Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition (PS4 game)

And it talks a bit about the PS+ Collection.

Didn't realize Bugsnax was going to be a PS+ game. That works. :O

Saw that and thought "Well at least they realized the only way they were going to get any significant number of people to play that game is to make it free". XD

I still don't want to play tbh. :uhoh:

Okay, so this controller is pretty fucking nice I have to say. I am a fan.

Also, apparently Bugsnax isn't as bad as it looks. My wife wanted to try out the controller but didn't want to play Spider-man so she tried that instead and actually enjoyed herself. Still not sure I want to play it. XD

Played some Miles last night.  Fun stuff.  PS5 is definitely ugly as fuck.  I'm genuinely surprised Jovanna let me put it in top of the TV entertainment center.   It's too fucking wide to get inside (Kallax shelves).  Need to get a longer hdmi and then I'm moving to the shelves I have on the side.

Yeah, the HDMI cable it came with was short as hell for what I needed. Had to completely rearrange like half of my entertainment center to put it in a spot I could actually get it attached to the TV. As such my PS4 and PS5 are on opposite sides now and the power cables on both are short enough that my surge protector is basically hovering like half an inch off the ground because of them. My next day off I'm going to have to lower the shelves a bit to take some tension off of the damn things. :rotfl: 

I honestly don't mind the way it looks. I have mine on its side and the only thing that really bothers me about it is the placement of the disk drive. Feels weird that it's towards the bottom of the system instead of the top (or just in the middle), and the design of the shell means there's a bit of a lip above the slot so when you eject a disk it's a little awkward taking it out.

As a side note, if you got the remaster of the original Spider-man game, might want to take a pass on it for a while. It's apparently been nearly bricking systems. Seen a few reports of it now. Supposedly it only happens when you turn the system off without closing the game, but I'm not taking any chances. XD

1 hour ago, Mera'din said:

Supposedly it only happens when you turn the system off without closing the game, but I'm not taking any chances. XD

From what little i've been hearing about it, that happens with other games as well, like Demon's Souls, and it's putting the console in rest mode that does it.