Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[07/05/2020] Weekly What Are You Playing?

:switch:  Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive

Up to Chapter 10 or 11 IIRC but haven't played for half a week. It's taken quite awhile to explore the Valak Mountains (I think I played three or four multi-hour sessions and still haven't searched it all yet).

:3ds: Fire Emblem Awakening

Grinding out Support Convos (which actually isn't much of a grind, they unlock quickly). Turns out I missed one of the children in a desert paralogue, oh well.

I think I may end up playing :ps4: Detroit: Become Human next. I want to leave room on my PS4 just in case my sister wants to play Crash 4 when it comes out in a few months and that's the game on my hard drive that has the combination of fastest play-time and largest file size (also because there's not enough room to reinstall the Uncharted Collection on it which is one of the games I actually wanted to replay next).

Still going strong in Final Fantasy V :salute: Just about to wrap up my fourth run. 

• Like 1

Five minutes into Detroit and the game's already got me hard

"Remember, this is not just a game. This is our future."

• Shiny 1

I've only got 3 chapters left in my first playthrough so far :lurk:

I'm a shit investigator (haven't solved a single case), pretty good Gandhi (should've made it bloody tbh), decent fugitive. The flowcharts in this are pretty crazy.

Robots have compartment storage in the back of the bus and now Rose is gonna help us sneak across the border to Canada. I see what you're doing there, Detroit.

My Connor has died twice so far. I pushed the the android off the edge at the start even though I think I had a 99% chance of reasoning with him (I think I got close and still didn't trust the situation and just panic-went-for-it) and once taking bullets for Hank when the Kitchen robot made a run for it. Also spared the Lesbian Robots at the Sex Club and then holy-shitted later because I think one of them is North (she told me what happened when her and Markus almost Robo-banged)

My Markus hasn't committed a single murder yet, hasn't incited violence, hasn't struck back on a human. Apparently we just got Simon back except Simon's hanging in Connor's evidence locker closet (Anderson's my pal <3) so I'm wondering if he's some kind of plant to sabotage us so far.

There's a point where Luther asks if he thinks there's anything "strange" about Alice and now I'm wondering if she's a robot too (Alice also said something about why do humans hate "us". She's probably not because it wouldn't make sense for that drunk guy or the mother who left them to have such an advanced robot replica of their daughter, but I'm wondering what that line was about)

That fucking Turing test where manbun AI-guy wants you to shoot the android, couldn't do it. God-damn, man.

Fooled the cop perfectly with Cara. I think my big fuck-up so far was that I never figured out how to get into the motel without committing a crime (Alice didn't like it when stole the clothing from the laundromat so I kinda hesitated to do more) and she caught a fever when we got to Rose's house.

Worst segment of the game was the spooky mansion, that shit got pretty goofy for what the rest of the game is about

• Like 2

Playing through The Last of Us 2, i'm maybe 20 hours in?

Just finished the flashback with Abby and Owen in the aquarium, and I just don't care. I know it's to make us more interested in Abby as a character, but I was already interested when they showed that Joel killed her father. I don't need all of the rest of this. This goes on far too long for my tastes.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vic Boss said:

I've only got 3 chapters left in my first playthrough so far :lurk:

I'm a shit investigator (haven't solved a single case), pretty good Gandhi (should've made it bloody tbh), decent fugitive. The flowcharts in this are pretty crazy.

Reveal hidden contents

Robots have compartment storage in the back of the bus and now Rose is gonna help us sneak across the border to Canada. I see what you're doing there, Detroit.

My Connor has died twice so far. I pushed the the android off the edge at the start even though I think I had a 99% chance of reasoning with him (I think I got close and still didn't trust the situation and just panic-went-for-it) and once taking bullets for Hank when the Kitchen robot made a run for it. Also spared the Lesbian Robots at the Sex Club and then holy-shitted later because I think one of them is North (she told me what happened when her and Markus almost Robo-banged)

My Markus hasn't committed a single murder yet, hasn't incited violence, hasn't struck back on a human. Apparently we just got Simon back except Simon's hanging in Connor's evidence locker closet (Anderson's my pal <3) so I'm wondering if he's some kind of plant to sabotage us so far.

There's a point where Luther asks if he thinks there's anything "strange" about Alice and now I'm wondering if she's a robot too (Alice also said something about why do humans hate "us". She's probably not because it wouldn't make sense for that drunk guy or the mother who left them to have such an advanced robot replica of their daughter, but I'm wondering what that line was about)

That fucking Turing test where manbun AI-guy wants you to shoot the android, couldn't do it. God-damn, man.

Fooled the cop perfectly with Cara. I think my big fuck-up so far was that I never figured out how to get into the motel without committing a crime (Alice didn't like it when stole the clothing from the laundromat so I kinda hesitated to do more) and she caught a fever when we got to Rose's house.

Worst segment of the game was the spooky mansion, that shit got pretty goofy for what the rest of the game is about

It sounds like you've taken a very different direction with Cara than I did, but it's also been a minute since I played, so I don't remember every detail I did:

Spoiler

I don't know if there's a way to stay at the motel without doing something illegal.  The most pure path I found was breaking into an abandoned house.

I also didn't have Connor die until the very end.  Pretty sure I chickened out on the Turing test, too.

• Like 1

Bought Stoneshard on steam because it was cheaper and I was looking for something different. It's ok, but frustrating. You don't know where you are on the map and I have died so many times. With it being roguelike you just lose whatever progress you made. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

It sounds like you've taken a very different direction with Cara than I did, but it's also been a minute since I played, so I don't remember every detail I did:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know if there's a way to stay at the motel without doing something illegal.  The most pure path I found was breaking into an abandoned house.

I also didn't have Connor die until the very end.  Pretty sure I chickened out on the Turing test, too.

I slept in the abandoned car because Alice was also afraid of the house.

I kind of regretted not stealing a stuffed animal for her but I didn't want to get us in trouble

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MT said:

Playing through The Last of Us 2, i'm maybe 20 hours in?

Reveal hidden contents

Just finished the flashback with Abby and Owen in the aquarium, and I just don't care. I know it's to make us more interested in Abby as a character, but I was already interested when they showed that Joel killed her father. I don't need all of the rest of this. This goes on far too long for my tastes.

Fucking hell, this part goes on FOREVER.

Just finished my first Detroit playthrough. I am fucked up right now

- Luther and Kara died on the boat crossing, Alice lived

- Markus set himself on fire after peacefully protesting in front of an Android death camp and erryone died

- Connor spread the life virus, caused the evacuation and abandonment of Detroit, but sacrificed Hank to do it. Then he shot himself after the attempted CyberLife hack

- Also let the menu screen Chloe go after she went deviant. At least she'll get to live, but she won't be able to watch me play anymore ;_;

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

Just finished my first Detroit playthrough. I am fucked up right now

Hide contents

- Luther and Kara died on the boat crossing, Alice lived

- Markus set himself on fire after peacefully protesting in front of an Android death camp and erryone died

- Connor spread the life virus, caused the evacuation and abandonment of Detroit, but sacrificed Hank to do it. Then he shot himself after the attempted CyberLife hack

- Also let the menu screen Chloe go after she went deviant. At least she'll get to live, but she won't be able to watch me play anymore ;_;

Holy shit, you got some of the most fucked up endings.

Spoiler

I might have been mistaken on how different our Cara games were, because I got that same ending.  Did Luther die on the boat and Kara made it across, but died anyway?

My Markus led a hymnal at the end when cornered that brought about a peaceful end to all the fighting.  I think Markus still dies somehow, but it's like a touching moment that makes everyone reconsider their lives.

Connor ended up sacrificing himself for Hank when the other Connor tried to shoot him.  But Hank ended up finiahing the job.  It's just a shame I couldn't have my boy Connor survive to the end :(

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

Holy shit, you got some of the most fucked up endings.

Hide contents

I might have been mistaken on how different our Cara games were, because I got that same ending.  Did Luther die on the boat and Kara made it across, but died anyway?

My Markus led a hymnal at the end when cornered that brought about a peaceful end to all the fighting.  I think Markus still dies somehow, but it's like a touching moment that makes everyone reconsider their lives.

Connor ended up sacrificing himself for Hank when the other Connor tried to shoot him.  But Hank ended up finiahing the job.  It's just a shame I couldn't have my boy Connor survive to the end :(

Yep, I jumped on Alice when the coastguard started shooting, Luther ate it on the boat and then Cara ate it moments after getting Alice to shore ;_;

I'm kind of mad because upon a different play for a trophy, Cara survives if you jump on Luther instead because he shields both of you (though it does heavily fake you out by at-first implying that Alice died from being too cold)

Been doing a few different endings and moments just to pop the remaining trophies (and then on to 100%ing it). I had most of the keys in place to have everyone survive at the end but I made wrong choices. I had the kiss with North unlocked that would've saved the Jericho squad, I knew Hank's dog and son's name if I had tried to save him, and public sentiment was so far in the Android's favour that the Canadian border guard would've let us through if we just asked (that shit wrecked me too, Welcome to Canada ;_;> ) and just stolen the tickets from the couple with the baby

• Shiny 1

Good fucking god there are so many flowchart variations in this game :rip:

I started Persona 4 Golden the other day (beaten it before) and keep meaning to play it a bit more but I've just been playing Animal Crossing. I still need to start Persona 5 Royal but I've held off on that so that I'd have it as a treat later down the road, especially since I'm just gonna play the shit outta the Harvest Moon (or I guess Story of Seasons now) Mineral Town remake when it comes out next week so........ Animal Crossing. Lots of Animal Crossing.

I'm thinking about starting Persona 4 this weekend. I bought it the week before Last of Us 2 came out and didn't want to start playing it and stop midway through.

dooooo it it's so fun

Finally got back into the groove with Death Stranding. I started plowing through the story, and when I got to the part that I assume is the typical, "Finish all the side quests before you continue," point, I felt that itch to star zip-lining shit and going for all the trophies again.

• Like 1

I picked up Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology earlier this week. I wasn’t really interested at first but I kept here good things, downloaded a demo and am really digging it so far. It’s amazing how far good gameplay and interesting game mechanics can go.

• Like 1

I played that demo a long time ago, it made me want to buy the game too. Can't remember if I actually did though :rotfl:

Bought the Kingdom Hearts HD Collection in one of the PS4 sales and started playing :ps4: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix recently. Made it to Deep Jungle then got caught having lots of stuff coming due for my dissertation, so it's been on the back burner. Probably going to pick it back up in the next few days along with starting :ps4: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard. I also got :ps4: NBA 2K20 for free from PSPlus so might try to jump into that.

• Like 2

I started a game in :switch: Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu! last night. We've got it on loan from the library for two weeks. Not sure if I'll finish it within two weeks, but I can always put it on hold again. I'm sure two weeks won't be enough for the kiddo either.

I should probs update these weekly threads at some point :chin:

I was gonna make a thread but this one was right there on the portal so :lazy: