Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
webhead

Marvel General

Yeah it was always coming.  They were already well into filming when all this shit went down.

Did anyone here watch JJ season 3 yet? Idk if it's just me or if this season felt really mellow to the previous seasons

Spoiler

Trish getting a handle on her powers was fun
Salendar felt really meh as a villain compared to Killgrave but I know most of it was so that we had the buildup for when Trish mentally snapped.
Bye bye Dorothy
Hey Douche Luke Cage good to see ya!
Wait.......does that mean Killgrave....might.....oh dear.....

I enjoyed the season.  I've really liked that show.  Neither season was as strong as the first but they were both really enjoyable imo.  Good show overall.

Spoiler

That part at the end is supposed to be a metaphor most likely not actually Killgrave. :P

• Like 1

I'm about half way through it. Have enjoyed it so far. Character development for secondary characters has been really solid too. Makes me wish it would still be around after this. ?

• Like 1

Agreed.  I guess it's just me then. There were good parts though that I enjoyed.

7 hours ago, Mera'din said:

I'm about half way through it. Have enjoyed it so far. Character development for secondary characters has been really solid too. Makes me wish it would still be around after this. ?

I really feel like they did a much better job with the side characters as well.  They weren't just inexplicably morons.  They had actual motivations and basically all of them got bitten in the ass by it.  We've come full circle where Jessica is the most highly functioning person. :rotfl:

• Like 1

Hah yeah, they are definitely just trying to topple Avatar. :rotfl:

Feels like Avatar cheated that high of a number because EVERYONE saw it in 3D and those tickets are sometimes up to 2x as much money.  IMAX 3D Avatar?  Fuck man that shit was mega expensive.

I would still watch it again. Endgame was amazing. 

Spider-Man: Far From Home mid-credits scene spoiler

Holy shit, they did it! J.K. Simmons is BACK as JJJ! So awesome!

It was really good, I'd give it a 9/10. The post credits scene raises so many questions! Spoiler below

How long has the Nick Fury we've been seeing in the movies been a Skrull? Since Captain Marvel? Since Avengers 1? How about Maria Hill? Does she even exist? Where the fuck has the real Nick Fury been, anyway?

• Like 1

Might be a good idea to do a spoiler topic for this one. There's a lot to unload. ? 

You know, you could've just made one... :P

• ROFL 1

I could have, but it was 4am and I needed to sleep. :P

Also, YOU'RE NOT MY REAL MOM, YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

• Sad 1

Phase 4 information

7fusk74.jpg

Really interested in Thor 4, now that it'll be Jane as Thor. Kind of surprised they're going to use that storyline so quickly. Makes me wonder how they're going to change things, since current Thor is worthy again. Shang Chi will have the first appearance of the real Mandarin, so I wonder if they'll bring back Ben Kingsly or if he'll just be killed offscreen. And Mahershala Ali as Blade?

LCFQGXQ.jpg

Side note: Endgame should surpass Avatar this weekend.

• Shiny 1

5 hours ago, MT said:

I wonder if they'll bring back Ben Kingsly or if he'll just be killed offscreen.

Would be nice if they covered it. Even if just in another short. I miss when they used to do those and 'All Hail the King' was a giant tease they've been sitting on for like 6 years now. Would like some payoff finally.

• Like 1

Oh shit, I just realized the Hawkeye logo is in the style of the Fraction run. That'd be a fun thing to put into live action.

7 hours ago, MT said:

Oh shit, I just realized the Hawkeye logo is in the style of the Fraction run. That'd be a fun thing to put into live action. 

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/07/21/hawkeye-tv-series-disney-plus-spoilers-comic-con-kate-bishop-mcu/

Might be. :O

13 hours ago, MT said:

Shang Chi will have the first appearance of the real Mandarin, so I wonder if they'll bring back Ben Kingsly or if he'll just be killed offscreen.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/07/21/shang-chi-mandarin-tony-leung-mcu/

image.png.54179814126f9faa8b86fd4e8adf71b4.png

13 hours ago, MT said:

And Mahershala Ali as Blade?

Fuck yeah.  I am pumped as fuck to see more of this guy.  He was one of the best parts of Luke Cage. :shiny:

13 hours ago, MT said:

Really interested in Thor 4, now that it'll be Jane as Thor. Kind of surprised they're going to use that storyline so quickly. Makes me wonder how they're going to change things, since current Thor is worthy again.

I'm wondering if maybe it is to do with Thor abandoning his kingship over Asgard or something more than the hammer giving up on him or being unworthy.  Maybe the Odinforce comes to Jane or the hammer is somehow re-created and goes to her.  Lots of possibilities.  Could definitely be interesting.  As long as Hemsworth is still IN it, I'm happy and Natalie Portman is a good actor so seeing more of her is good with me.  My first reaction was kinda ehhhh...because I wanted to see Thor's journey continue, but he's still in it so that's not out of the question.

Also made an easier to read list than the image for all the shit coming :shiny:

Movies

• Black Widow (5/1/2020)
  • Eternals (11/6/2020)
  • Shang-Chi (2/12/2021)
  • Doctor Stange and the Multiverse of Madness (5/7/2021)
  • Thor Love and Thunder (11/5/2021)

Disney+

• The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Fall 2020)
  • WandaVision (Spring 2021)
  • Loki (Spring 2021)
  • What If...? (Summer 2021)
  • Hawkeye (Fall 2021)

I am actually really fucking excited for the potential in the new Doctor Strange.  Nothing on Earth please.  Sounds like they're gonna get fucking weird and I love it. :love2:

What If I am super fucked hyped for.  I've always fucking LOVED What If comics.  That one is going to be so god damn fun. :D

• Shiny 1

Get your DC shit out of the Marvel thread

Way too slow

image.png.c85a66965af881133a237581e4563a17.png

• ROFL 1

It was there when I replied. ??‍♂️

This is why we can't have nice things.

Money will win in the end when Marvel says "you keep this up and we will strip this from the mcu and you never get Far from Home level of profits again."

In fact all these articles are probably to make that threat even more real to force Sony to sign a fairer profit split (right now marvel is only getting 5% of the profits from a movie they basically made successful)

• Like 1

Sony's statement

Can't wait for 6 more years of mediocre to terrible Spider-Man movies until Sony finally decides to give up.

*sniffs air*

Smell that?

Smells like bullshit. 

Sony knows full well the fault is theirs and this statement is a laughable poor attempt at deflection. 

Interesting video.  It could turn out okay (get the people that did Spider-Verse and move away from him being so dependent on MCU people) but who knows.  After the ASM movies, I don't trust them for shit but Spider-Verse WAS fucking amazing so maybe it's possible.  They can use Venom as their vehicle for their shared universe shit and fuck that up while making Spider-Man actually good. :xd:

As well as Ms. Marvel, and She-Hulk. All 3 of these could be really good if done right. ? 

I am super pumped for the Moon Knight one.  Let's fucking DO this. :shiny:

She-Hulk and Ms Marvel are cool too.  I'll watch them but Marvel's Crazy Batman is the most exciting of the 3. :rotfl:

Sounds like they showed a trailer at D23 for the Black Widow movie as well, and revealed a poster for it online. Looks like Task Master will be the villain for it. Not really sold on the mask design, but I'm interested in seeing the character regardless.

Also looks like we'll see the Red Guardian (played by David Harbour).

GVpCmv5.jpg

• Like 1

Make sure to stop reading before the comments section :nono: 

Fox news article about a black comic character.  Read the first 2 comments.  Welp.

Anyway series sounds fun.  How cool that he's doing the voice work.  I bet he's cool with that and probably just really doesn't want to deal with this huge shit anymore.  Voice acting seems a lot more chill.

I didn't mind Iron Heart. Followed her for a little bit when she was heading the regular Iron Man comic and it was pretty decent. Interested in seeing this. Would be cool if they pull Pepper in on occasion too like they did with her in the comic. Really wish they could have got the Fox stuff and established Doctor Doom before they axed Tony though so we could have also had him trying to be Iron Man because I absolutely loved that story arc. 

To MT earlier:

it was hard to really take anyone's side in that other thing
greedy cunts fighting over money
it was more that Sony sucks at making movies lol

That about sums it up.  Thank fuck Marvel is still involved. :rotfl:

Also lol@Tom Holland's instagram post:

On 8/20/2019 at 8:32 PM, Galeigh said:

Money will win in the end when Marvel says "you keep this up and we will strip this from the mcu and you never get Far from Home level of profits again."

In fact all these articles are probably to make that threat even more real to force Sony to sign a fairer profit split (right now marvel is only getting 5% of the profits from a movie they basically made successful)

Called it. 

Didn't they announce that back in May? I think you were even the one that posted about it. >_>

Probably. It's hard to keep up with all of this. This news is more casting related.

and here is where I check out of Marvel TV, fuck Hulu.

I'm not sure if any of the Hulu stuff is necessarily tied to the MCU. At least not in any way more significant than the Netflix stuff was.Which is to say just loose references and name drops. Can probably more or less just ignore anything that isn't on Disney+ since all the "big" MCU stuff will want to used as a draw for that service.

I wish they'd drop this "no mature content under the Disney name" bullshit they have going.  It's fucking stupid.  Just put fucking ratings on it and let parents control what accounts can watch in-app.  It's pretty easy.  We've had this available for what...20 years now?  Instead they think we're going to pay for 2 separate services to watch TV from the same company.

Yeah no.

• Shiny 1