Old School Forum
Vic Boss

AEW General

3 hours ago, Blackjak said:

Thank you. Seriously. But can you make it so anyone with the link can edit? (Click the share button in the top right, change the option. It may make the url for the link different.) 

Done. Here's the URL in case it actually changed

Edit: I'm really happy to see many different answers to who Cody has in his corner instead of just one or two people. :heart: 

• Like 1

Thanks. 

(Oh, and it looks the link just goes to the spreadsheet and so it updates to whatever the current setting is. Good to know) 

1.  Jericho
2.  Omega
3. Young Bucks
4.  Spears
5.  Best Friends
6.  Joey Janela
7.  Shida
8.  Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy

B1.  Over
B2.  Arn Anderson
B3.  Yes
B4.  Lucha Bros

B5.  No

Wish SCU would decide if their faces or heels. They act heelish for most if their matches then switch to face for the endings. Total "have your cake and eat it" attitude that will wear thin once AEW goes weekly and shit like "the boys always go over" becomes meta.

• Like 1

Damn, Nick ran away with it.

I more or less had the same reactions as the previous shows. Cody Rhodes' segment booking is best, matches are still too long but it mostly wasn't as egregious as last time (I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt because they're maybe shooting footage for video packages and titantrons and shit but once this hits TV, I hope they start scaling things back), show has too many matches on it, some of the wrong people won.

But Kenny losing wasn't one of them.

I do like the booking directions are at least firming up. Tag division especially, even with the Dark Order, looks really good.

As much as I enjoyed Bucks/Lucha Bros, I really hope this is the last match these two teams have together for a long time. I don't know what else they can do to each other at this point.

Having the Dark Order win is really, really confusing. They just seem more silly than intimidating at this point. Maybe promos and weekly TV will change that, but right now I just don't give a shit about them. Kenny losing was shocking, but I actually like it. It makes sense as he was more prepared to face Moxley, and having him win a majority of the time isn't really all that interesting in the long run. The Cody match was a lot of fun, mainly for the history behind all of it, and Arn coming out for the spinebuster was a nice surprise. I was kinda hoping they would've had MJF turn on Cody at some point, seeing how little he was doing to stop Tully. Jericho/Hangman was rally good too, might've been my favorite match of the night.

• Like 2

If someone doesn't use this in a story at some point, I will be highly disappointed.

• ROFL 1

Posting a link instead of an embed since the thumbnail is somewhat of a spoiler.  AEW Dark Episode 2

Putting this here because I don't know where else it'll go, but it is gold :rotfl:

THfrgln.jpg

• ROFL 3

• Like 1

TV Taping in my town in December.  Already have tickets.  I'm pretty hyped.  I thought I'd have to wait until the next time they come around to Chicago some time next year.

• Like 1

It'll probably be on AAA's youtube/TV show in a few weeks

That Joey Janella skit on the latest BTE is so white trash lol imagine what the kid is gonna think when it grows up.

1 hour ago, Garlic Junior said:

That Joey Janella skit on the latest BTE is so white trash lol imagine what the kid is gonna think when it grows up.

From what I gather, that's pretty much the character. 

• ROFL 1

On 10/19/2019 at 7:27 PM, Blackjak said:

Nick and I are going to the show Wednesday in Pittsburgh :jumboshiny:

Just added :jumboshiny:

• Like 1

You're also getting this

So jealous!

• Sad 1

Frigging concussion kept me from going to this show.

Still enjoyed what I saw on tv.

AAA is throwing Kenny vs Rey Fenix up on their youtube channel at 9 PM Pacific tonight. Channel's called "Lucha Libre AAA" just in case I forget to post the video

"Help me, god damn it!"

:rotfl: 

• ROFL 1

Rush and Dragon Lee joined AAA. Dragon Lee definitely has an avenue to AEW now.

So I was busy Saturday and wasn't able to watch Full Gear (watching it now), but the Buy In was before the PPV, right? Because it's not premiering on their Youtube channel until 4PM today, and they're mentioning stuff that happened on the Buy In.

I think it's the pre-show. Only match that was on it was Bea Priestly vs Britt Baker (with the flu).

10 minutes ago, Death Rider Mox said:

I think it's the pre-show. Only match that was on it was Bea Priestly vs Britt Baker (with the flu).

Yeah, that's what they brought up after the second match, but I didn't see it on their Youtube pre-show, so I was wondering if I had gotten a bad download or something.

Full Gear

Still not really feeling the women's matches. I respect where they're coming from but I don't really have anyone in the division I feel I can get behind at the moment. Other than that, and maybe Spears/Janela, it was a great show. I knew the outcome to Cody/Jericho and I still enjoyed every second of that match, that's how good it was. Moxley/Omega was just pure insanity. I don't feel like they can have another unsanctioned match for a very long time. Fans are gonna need time to forget this one, because how do you really top it at this point?

Spot of the night was either Cody's messed up dive onto the ramp, or Kenny's missed Phoenix Splash. That brainbuster (I think that's what it was) onto the chair near the barricade during PAC/Page was brutal too.

• Like 1

I notice that there was an extremely strict attention to detail as far as rules went, especially in the tag matches. Hand-to-hand tags only, actually counting the 10 count to get out of the ring after a tag, and things like that.

Last two matches were pretty great for what they both tried to accomplish. I think they should save the death matches for once or twice per year at most, and maybe not do some of those spots if they want a wider audience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Death Rider Mox said:

Hide contents

I notice that there was an extremely strict attention to detail as far as rules went, especially in the tag matches. Hand-to-hand tags only, actually counting the 10 count to get out of the ring after a tag, and things like that.

At one point JR said they had to the count of 5 to get out of the ring. Not sure if he just misspoke or what, but with the way he was at Full Gear it wouldn't surprise me if he was mistaken.

Here's hoping that second weekly show is just Dark

Dark + BTE please

51 minutes ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

Apparently the second show is going to be something in addition to Dark.

41 minutes ago, MT said:

Oh, thank god.  I hope this is true, because the other person, looking back, didn't even give a source.

• Like 1

Someone's trying to leave the Dark Order

If this is something the AEW people are doing and it's not just some dude having a goof, this is fucking amazing.

• Like 1