Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

INKTOBER 2019

Alright who's with me? I put both the official prompt list and the other one because I'm gonna be weird and do both.

2019promptlist.png

ddeib7d-f81a2260-a3ad-43ba-934f-14b8dd01b979.png

• Like 1

Ohhhh, ok.  So it's kind of similar to NaNoWriMo.  I meant to ask what exactly Inktober is.  My drawing is shite, so I won't participate, but I'll be happy to see what you produce.

Great start so far!

• Like 1

I have always wished I could draw better, but things never come out on paper how they look in my head :lurk: 

I'll follow along to see what you come up with! And maybe do some doodles in the margins of my notebook during quiet moments at work :lol:

You don't have to be a good artist to do inktober, and I see a shit ton of versions like Thinktober, Witchober, Drawlloween etc to where I don't think it really matters as long as the person is having fun and it gives expression. This is also an excuse for me to keep drawing since I lack the motivation to unlike how I used to be before.

Day 2 Mindless + Crow

inktober_19_mindless___crow_by_slixsator

• Like 3

So do you take one word from each list randomly and make an illustration out of it?

This^

So each # is a day. So if I am going with 1 of the lists above as an example. Day 1- Ring, Day 2- Mindless, Day 3 Freeze etc. and I have to draw something with that. Either literally, figuratively, whatever.
EX: One of my favorite artists JollyJack drew a jellyfish for Mindless.

And basically I have to do it in ink. be it just black outlines, markers, what have you. 
-Draw it
-Post it
-Hashtag and repeat

I'm just being weird and upping the ante by combining 2 prompt lists because there's always a few different versions each year and I thought it would be fun. But again, don't have to be a good artist, and there's no rule saying you can't express it in another fashion, one friend of mine is making small haiku's for each word.

NELLE! I KNOW YOU COMMENTED ON MY FB POST ABOUT THIS WHERE YOU BE!?......probably taking care o possoms

Shit I forgot to do this, was planning on contributing. imma be late, but will post soonish. 

Other nice thing about this is you can draw/post at your own pace, whether it's daily or marathoning it. The point of this is to be consistent.  I just woke up so I'll get day 3 up and loaded soon

Day 3: Bait + Elf

inktober19_elf___bait_by_slixsatori_ddhi

• Like 3

Day 4: Freeze and Pumpkin

inktober19_freeze___pumpkin_by_slixsator

• Like 2

Love the scarecrow! She's very Anne of Green Gables with her red hair. :D

I always consider doing Inktober but for the past couple of years the autumn is nearly always when I either have deadlines or need to start gearing up the projects that are going to run through the winter (with ever-increasing pressure up to January and then to March/April). So heaping extra, unnecessary pressure on myself to draw and post isn't the best idea. :riiight:

This year I am kind of doing it  - but I'm not following prompts or even doing it publicly. :)The goal for Inktober is generally to produce and share artwork, but all the work I've been producing lately has been paid (yay!) work for someone else, which I inevitably have to be brave enough to share at some point (and then get told, often several times, what about it needs changing before it's officially finished). So I thought "how can I get something out of this?" and the best way I could see was to draw purely for enjoyment - no prompts or brief from anyone, no pressure to show it to anyone. "Do what you love for a job..." has some truth in it but it also kind of wears you out and means you forget sometimes why you love it in the first place (especially as I work largely digitally now, so less drawing on paper). Drawing just for myself for half an hour or so each day is probably the best thing I could get out of a challenge like this, at the moment anyway. :unkeke: I might post some of them on social media down the line but if the expectation of doing so is there then it instantly changes how I feel when I sit down with my pen and paper.

Having said all that, I might post some here sooner as this place isn't properly connected to my work like most of my other social media is. :)

• Like 1

YAY! DO IT JANE!

Day 5: Build and Hallway, Not one of my better ones but meh. I'll have day 6 up soonish I had a busy Sat so I didn't have a chance to post.

inktober19_build_hallway_by_slixsatori_d

• Like 1

Ahhh I know I said I was gonna put in real effort this year but some really fucked up shit is happening in my life and I know I can't stick to anything. Day 1 I did a shitty doodle just to say I did it, even though it wasn't what I had in mind for the prompt at all but TA DA

image.thumb.png.5f5dae1a94c1f8471e64f90bb8b7ca5b.png

also please note the file size is 666 kb thank you

also please note I am loving all your stuff so far, I can't wait to see more!

• Like 2

I LOVE YOU NELLE! I'm sorry shits coming up and hope it gets cleared out soon.

Day 6: Husky and Clock
inktober19_husky___clock_by_slixsatori_d

Day 7: Enchanted and Card
inktober19_enchanted_card_by_slixsatori_

• Like 1

Day 8 Frail and Mirror
inktober19_frail_mirror_by_slixsatori_dd

• Like 1

I started on this to catch up (will post pics after inking) but I am skipping days 3 and 5 for finalization cause I hate what I came up with. So far day 4 has been the most fun, with 2 a close second (zombie crow head drawing)

Day 9: Swing and Web
inktober19_swing_web_by_slixsatori_ddhy4

Day 10 Pattern + Mermaid: plaid is a bitch.....

inktober19_pattern_mermaid_by_slixsatori

• Like 1

Playing catchup

Spoiler

Day 11 Snow and Rat
inktober19_snow_rat_by_slixsatori_ddi3pw

Day 12 Dragon and Dragon
inktober19_dragon_by_slixsatori_ddi51jx-

Day 13 Ash and Classroom
inktober19_ash_classroom_by_slixsatori_d

Day 14 Overgrown and Queen
inktober19_overgrown_queen_by_slixsatori

Day 15 Legend and Mad Scientist

inktober19_legend_mad_scientist_by_slixs

Day 16 Wild and Doll
inktober19_wild_doll_by_slixsatori_ddifi

Day 17 Ornament and Spinning Wheel
inktober19_ornament_spinning_wheel_by_sl

Y'all are getting tired of me ain't ya? ;)

Day 18, Misfit and Candle
inktober19_misfit___candle_by_slixsatori

Day 19 Sling and Sarcophogus
inktober19_sling_sarcophogus_by_slixsato

Day 20 Tread and Run

inktober19_tread_and_run_by_slixsatori_d

Day 21 Treasure and Crystal
inktober19_treasure___crystal_by_slixsat

Day 22 Ghost and Sword
inktober19_ghost__sword_by_slixsatori_dd

Day 23 Ancient and Snow White (totally didn't end up how I wanted but meeh)
inktober19_ancient___snow_white_by_slixs

Day 24 Alien and Dizzy
inktober19_dizzy_and_alien_by_slixsatori

Day 25 Tasty and Couldron
inktober19_tasty___couldron_by_slixsator

Fuck just when I think I catch up fine in one area....*grumbles*
Day 26-28

Spoiler

inktober19_dark___leaves_by_slixsatori_d

inktober19_coat___entitled_parent_by_sli

inktober19_ride_dirt_by_slixsatori_ddj9i

TWO MORE LEFT: Day 29