Continuing:

- One Piece

- Pokemon Ultra Legends

- Black Clover

- Dororo

- JJBA: Golden Wind

- SAO: Alicization

- Karakuri Circus

- GeGeGe no Kitaro (I might drop this one if the season feels too busy)

- Boogiepop Phantom (I haven't been watching at all but just gathering, should really watch some of it)

New Seasons:

- One Punch Man 2

- Attack On Titan 3-2

- Bungou Stray Dogs 3

Others:

- I'm gonna give Fruits Basket a try since Lucy and Anelle seem to be all over it and Lucy compared it a bit to March Comes In Like A Lion

- Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress Movie

- Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny-girl Senpai Movie

I haven't looked at or read the synopsis of anything else. Unless something really stands out I may not go exploring as much this season, kinda want to get to gaming more

• Like 1

I'll be continuing Fairy Tail, Black Clover and Rising of the Shield Hero. 

Don't know if I'll watch anything new. Although I think the OVA for the real ending of Persona 5 is suppose to be showing soon. 

• Like 1

Continuing:

Dororo

Really interesting, less goofy adaptation of a 60-yo manga (though tbf Tezuka could be brutal when he wanted lol) and I'm loving where they're taking it

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Vento Aureo/Golden Wind

IT'S JOJO

Karakuri Circus

I was an Ushio and Tora fan and this is by the same manga author, it's bombastic dark shounen and just up my street

Definitely:

Fruits Basket

Essentially "Fruits Basket Brotherhood" and the adaptation I never thought I'd see, I will be watching this religiously

One Punch Man 2

Little apprehensive at the studio change but I'll watch for sure

Sarazanmai

Next work by the eclectic director of Utena, Penguindrum, 90s Sailor Moon and Yuri Kuma Arashi, this looks about as mad as the others, lol. I'll be giving it a go

Maybe:

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Concept looks interesting, I'll try the first couple eps at least

Shit I tried to make a list but I can't because I'm all over the place with how I'm watching shit right now.

Powered through some older series I never got around to watching this past week.

Most important is absolutely Fruits Basket.

• Like 2

Just finished Kuroko's Basketball

I'm watching Hunter X Hunter Again and continuing on my pirate journey with episode 169 of One Piece.

Also watching and caught up on Jojo: Golden Wind, Black Clover, Boruto 

Looking forward to One Punch Man 2 and hoping to hear when My Hero Academia is coming back. 

I'm actually going through Hunter x Hunter for the first time.  I've been loving it.  Feels like such a fresh approach to the action Shonen stereotypes, with some unpredictable turns at points.  I'm up to episode 70 something.  Right after the Greed Island arc.

2 hours ago, Farmatron said:

Just finished Kuroko's Basketball

I'm watching Hunter X Hunter Again and continuing on my pirate journey with episode 169 of One Piece.

Also watching and caught up on Jojo: Golden Wind, Black Clover, Boruto 

Looking forward to One Punch Man 2 and hoping to hear when My Hero Academia is coming back. 

MHA comes back in October!

• Shiny 1

Oi I'm gonna have to come back to this later. Too many I'm currently binging I haven't had a chance to look at what's coming up beyond One Punch Man next month

• Like 1

Okay now that I'm not at work and can actually have a minute to look through Spring season got my list:

Excited for:
One Punch Man
Attack on Titan
Bungou Stray Dogs 3
FRUITS BASKETS
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri

Maybes:
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Carole an Tuesday
Fairy Gone

I should probably youtube the trailers to see if some of these others are gonna be good. That's what hooked me onto Promise to Neverland.

• Like 1

FRUITS BASKET :heart: It will need its own dedicated thread when it comes out, from the looks of it.

I have no idea what most of the rest of them are. Wait... Boogiepop Phantom? Is that another early 2000s reboot?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jane said:

I have no idea what most of the rest of them are. Wait... Boogiepop Phantom? Is that another early 2000s reboot?

I think it's a sequel to that.

OIC. :) Just looked it up and it's based on a light novel series, so makes sense that it might get a continuation.

I've been enjoying it overall. I definitely love the Op theme

I like the first episode of Kimetsu no Yaiba. Outro makes it look like it's a mash-up of Dororo, Bleach and Tokyo Ghoul (but who knows if it's as good as any of those)

I second this. The story seems interesting enough and I liked the animation style. Especially when you get to the what I'm assuming is the OP theme since it was the pilot episode and the way the sword is styled with the water reminded me a little of Okami.

• Like 1

The Captain Tsubasa 2018 adaptation just ended. FUCK, that show was so hype, easily one of my fav shonen rivalries of all time. I'm low-key hoping that David Production continues it even if it's probably not in the cards (was a light-novel adaptation instead of the manga, and it was done specifically for World Cup season last year)

• Like 1

I'm pleased that Dororo has continued (although I'm not really feeling the new OP theme like I did the first one but meh)

Watched Fairy Gone. It seems like an interesting concept. Gonna keep on this one and see where it goes.
I legit didn't think I'd find RoboHachi so humorous but near the end I was like......Dude......the Voltron-like Mecha pretty much sunk me so I'm gonna see where this goes.

I've for sure gotta keep watching AoT and Ace of Diamond, and the first episode of Fruits Basket was enough to hook me. I've been waiting for a good new music anime so I will also check out Carole & Tuesday (I think it's going to be on Netflix..?) I'm not going in with super high hopes, but if it turns out to be good I'll be happy.

I found out Carole and Tuesday are from the creators of Cowboy Beebop. Sooooo that's got me more hyped for this anime!

Yeah, I just noticed that Watanabe is listed as the chief director. I guess my hopes are getting a little higher now! Kids on the Slope was one of the best-ever music anime, which of course he also directed, so that's a pretty tough act to follow. Kids on the Slope was so god damn good. Time to watch the Kids on the Slope OP and get super bummed out that I'll never get to watch this show again for the first time :crying2:

43 minutes ago, little birdy said:

Carole & Tuesday (I think it's going to be on Netflix..?)

Speaking of Netflix, if they have lots of money to throw at anime studios to see what they can do then I'm all for it. I just went back and watched Violet Evergarden and wow that show was a thing of beauty. Maybe the best of 2018 in retrospect. Not sure how I missed it last year. 

• Like 1

I think in a weaker season I would keep up with Fairy Gone because the visuals are pretty high quality, but the power-set is so similar to JoJo's Stands and it's missing just a little something and I kind of want to keep a smaller anime list this season.

I started the first episode of Cinderella Nine because it's baseball but it's probably trash. Though even the trashiest baseball anime is probably still better than watching the Jays this summer... :crying:

At least Ace of Diamond is back. Now I just need them to continue Gurazeni.

1 hour ago, DeJaPon said:

I kind of want to keep a smaller anime list this season.

No such thing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tassifox said:

I found out Carole and Tuesday are from the creators of Cowboy Beebop. Sooooo that's got me more hyped for this anime!

Oh.... Going to definitely need to check this out. :shiny:

• Like 1

Bungou Stray Dogs is back :shiny:

Episode 25 is just the OVA though. 26 is the start of Season 3

I'll take it and I love it!

I think all I'm watching this season are continuations and the Fruits Basket remake. None of the new stuff on Crunchyroll  looks any good and I'm not sure Funi's got anything that's worth renewing my subscription for. (edit: after a second look, might be interested in Afterlost... :thinking2:)

Patiently waiting for Carole & Tuesday to be on Netflix. 

2nd ep of KnY is a good example of 3D mixed with 2D animation.

• Like 1

So I saw a trailer for "The Helpful Fox, Senkou-san". Obviously looks cute, maybe too cute. Yes it has fox girls, in shrine yukatas. I chose not to watch it since yes as much as I love foxes sometimes I can see the trope of Shoujo from a mile away. Until today when I went to throw it on as white noise while making lunch...........

I have never felt so called out/attacked from an anime in awhile.

Some of the elements in this series are relatable to my life. From both the male character and the Fox spirit so far.
- Working like a dog and no social life
- Not always taking care of myself
- Spoiling my friends and not expecting anything in return.
- Being on the other side of spoiling and being told "JUST LET US LOVE YOU DAMNIT" when I hear the phrase "Just accept the pampering already"

Just little things like that.

Any of you been following The Rising of the Shield Hero?

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

4 hours ago, little birdy said:

I haven't watched it, but I did start reading the LN it's based on years ago. Had to drop it. It made me hate people. 

Sadly RL already makes me hate people. But I do enjoy the series since to me it's that opposite of someone going or being sent into another world and instead of them being able to instantly meld into the world and get all the husbandos/waifus and so forth. Reminds me a lot of the Red River manga I have. I mean yes he does gain a party eventually but you get what I mean.

Spear hero is a sad sad golden retriever and is probably one of those jock stereotypes in his world where he's not used to being told no.

It is~ I missed this anime.

Bungou Dogs ep 3. Chuuya kun is my fave now. Just wow!

On 4/18/2019 at 9:14 PM, little birdy said:

Yes

It's been one of my favorite anime's recently. Although I don't watch a lot. 

The soundtrack used in episode 16 with the Filolial Queen shows up was just epic.

I'm super curious about the next episode. I'm glad they don't do previews at the end of the episodes.

Indeed! We might have a Filolial battle royale here soon!

15 hours ago, Tassifox said:

Bungou Dogs ep 3. Chuuya kun is my fave now. Just wow!

Effing Ango again :nono:

You knew it was bound to come DJP

I'm struggling to remember the story on Ango... I'm sure I recall really enjoying the 2nd season of this show, but I can hardly remember a thing about what actually happened in those episodes :lol:  

I'm sure we'll have a recap. And we know it's all betrayal anyways. Because he's a fucking snake.

tumblr_pqoaub6NxX1vymbt8o1_400.gif

God, man, animation quality in Kimetsu no Yaiba is not letting up. I hope this lasts but I think only the first 5 episodes got a theatrical release

• Shiny 1

THIS! OMG it was so amazing!

Bungou Stray Dogs 31

The assassination scene, god damn. Limbs and blood flying everywhere and then the blood control

• Shiny 1

That episode was kinda weirdly put together, but I assume there's a reason why we needed to see all of it. Anyway, I'm all for more stories about Kyouka. I also think there should always be more Rampo. Low-key best character in the show :lol: