Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[07/18/19] Weekly What Have You Been Playing?

:3ds:SMT Strange Journey Redux continues. I like how the game prioritizes weaknesses but it doesn't make it easy just to hit something with its weakness. Also how many options and outcomes there are per battle.

:ps4: Platinum'ed Berserk and the Band of the Hawk, did end up being do-able with the Griffith mount :bandit:

:ps3: Started and beat DuckTales Remastered, was a nice little platformer but the hit detection and environment detection was annoying.

:ps3: I'm jelly of Mera'din's trophy list so I went back and platinum'ed God of War, God of War 2 and God of War Chains of Olympus (just needed to do challenge mode 2, challenge mode and a speed run in 1, and challenge mode and a hard-mode run on Chains), quickly did the few user-generated content trophies in Infamous 2 to set up another platinum if I happen to go back and beat it on hard mode, and currently am trophy hunting in the original Shadow of the Colossus. I'd already beaten the game once before and had 24 of 31 trophies, but they were mostly bronze so the trophy list only read at 39%. I just beat Time Attack on Normal, gonna beat the game a few times and do the collectibles to pop most of the rest of the trophies, then try to beat the game on hard mode (gonna skip Time Attack on Hard).

:switch: Radio Hammer Station, it's a goofy little rhythm game. I think I'm almost 3/4 of the way through story mode. Some solid tunes. No vocals in any of the music so far, which I really appreciate.

Got my eye on the Kill la Kill game coming out later this month. Not sure yet if I wanna get it. 

• Like 1

I'm playing the waiting game...Fire Emblem releases next Friday. 

• Like 1

We're playing Splatoon 2's last ever Splatfest (Final Fest) this weekend... it's kind of sad! It's been fun having regular events. :)

The theme is "Order vs Chaos" - apparently the side that wins will help influence the future of the Splatoon universe... intriguing. :lurk:

• Like 1

:ps4:Castlevania: Symphony of the Night: Damn, this is a fun game.  One I had always played for like 30 minutes in a swath of games I downloaded for emulator, and then never came back to until I restarted for another 30.  Started playing a bit last week, and now I'm currently just above 100%.  Pretty sure I found everything in the first castle, but I may have missed like ONE thing.  Some of the combat in this game is ridiculous, but unlike previous Castlevania, this is the first one where it feels like you have a number of ways to approach an encounter.  Some of the secrets are just really satisfying.

:switch: Trials of Mana(Collection of Mana): a big improvement over Secret of Mana.  Soundtrack is absolutely infectious.  Graphics are pretty expressive well-honed.  Kind of feels like the main inspiration for the story framing of Octopath Traveler.  I've been going through it with a friend, and the co-op really pushes the game forward as far as having endless fun.  Some of the dialogue is garbage, specifically in the way some characters have speech quirks(like a little girl who's a white mage and replaces EVERY SINGLE R WITH W'S).  But the general story arc is just interesting enough to give you reason to see it through, even if at this point it seems to be lacking depth.

And still playing Minecraft, of course.  I'm currently trying to find each edge of the world while she's building a wall around the village by our house.

Give Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night a shot. If you like SotN you'll like it too.

• Like 2

Already on the list.  I almost bought it on the Switch when it first came out, but after hearing about all the bugs, I decided to hold off a bit and then I'll get the PS4 version.

:ps4: Spider-man: got it on the cheap at a local pawn shop, 10 bucks. Literally the first thing I did when it was made available was clear all the towers and I have half the backpacks already. As for how far into the story I am at the part where Black Cat's side stuff opened up. 

Traveling through the city is probably the best part of the game. As it should be. 

• Shiny 1

God that game was so good.  I need to get back in and play the DLC.  I just waited so long that I'm really rusty so it's hard to jump back in.