Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Playstation General

LAST OF US 2 RELEASE DATE PLEASE

Yeah I thought the direct thing was dumb at first but it's so much easier.  I hope they still release one at E3 time though.

If it means we get more updates on different things more often, I am absolutely fine with this. Doing it live though, that's gonna be interesting. I wonder how much planning/practicing they'll be doing to make sure there aren't any technical problems

• Like 1

Also this

Watched this live and was pretty damn disappointed tbh. Dry voice-over, not really anything interesting to announce, just overall felt pretty blah. :sleep:

I did like the look of Concrete Genie though, it looks heavily rooted in The Magic Paintbrush and I'll probably check it and the space thriller (i forget the name) out!

The PS+ Games for April have been announced

:ps4: Conan Exiles

:ps4: The Surge

I know Conan Exiles is one of those survival games like Rust, and I'm pretty sure I remember hearing about it having a wang slider.

The Surge.... I thought was some kind of BR game, but apparently it's not.

Those are not exciting at all.

I don't know why I care anyway though.  I never seem to play any of these.  I think you and Kyle are the only ones that do. :lol:

The Surge is actually pretty decent. It's a Souls-like that's set in a dystopian future. It's getting a sequel some time this year, apparently.

Maybe I will actually try it.

j/k the baby will be crying probably :crying:

I am actually excited for Exiles. It's a good multiplayer game. Though I have heard support slowed to a trickle. 

For all you suckers people playing Driveclub, better get your driving in soon. Servers go down next year, and the game will be de-listed on PSN on August 31st.

Huh.  I know it was free and I never did actually play it.  Probably no one else did either. :rotfl:

Hooray, no more stank mank!

Too bad there are a bunch of games it doesn't work right with.  Probably not going to play that many old games anyway.

It's a joke imo. Why roll it out if it's not gonna work with all games? A lot of people are about to get fuuuucked over. 

Because of the... unique way Sony built their database when the PSN was first released alongside the PS3. 

Nearly everybody else on the planet would have used a system where the first person to create an ID would have been given the (hidden) key value of 1. Then the next person would have been given 2, and so on and so on. They would have then had an additional field in the database labeled something like 'Usernames' for... well, the username of each person. This method allows everyone to be given an unchanging ID (the numerical value) that is unique to them and their account, and then a second ID that everybody sees, but can be changed as many times as needed and won't impact the account in any way, because all of the games developers would use the numerical ID to link you to any DLC you may have purchased.

Sony, on the other hand... didn't do this. The 'unique ID' that they gave everyone was literally the usernames we all chose, so every piece of DLC that we bought is directly tied to what our name is. So if you change it, as far as the game servers are concerned, you're playing on a completely different account.

The only way to fix this would be if every game made before 2018 was patched to use the 'unique ID' as a license check, and not the 'display name' (as even if you change your name, your database entry will still start with your original usename). Even IF Sony tore down the PSN and rebuilt their database in a way that actually made sense, all the games would still need to be patched to accommodate it.

• ROFL 1

Yeah I read this a while back when the consensus was that they would never allow changes.  Sony does the dumbest shit sometimes I swear. :|

First hints at the next Playstation. They're going to be using an SSD for the main hard drive, and will support up to 8K resolutions, and then something about using AMD chips (which is over my head).

Actual backwards compatibility as well. I wonder if it will work exactly like the PS2 and first-gen PS3s did where any previous-gen disc will work, or if it will be more like Xbox where they're constantly adding more games to the list of BC games.

I'm hoping it's like PS2.  New hardware is still x86 (Zen2 baby no more phone CPUs).

I'm excited by what I read.  Not sure why he made the SSD sound like magic.  Sounds like an NVME.

Original WIRED story

Has more details

I suddenly find myself concerned with how much this could end up costing :uhoh:

FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE US DOLLARS

That's suicide imo.  I'd guess still shooting in the 399 to 499 range.  Very good chance we are talking 499.  600 and pretty much no one is buying it.

I'd completely understand it at 499, but I think any more than 399 and people are going to have a real tough time.

Guess they finally decided we should be allowed to do it.  Took you long enough Sony. :P

Not that I actually want it. :rotfl:

Indeed. I couldn't care less about it, but let the players decide if it's "not a good value" for ourselves. XD

Though it might be nice if there's an EA game I take an interest in and want to try it but don't actually want to buy.

Yeah but you should do that on PC most of the time anyway. ;)

You say that, but all I hear is "You should install Origin." and I'm gonna have to stop you right there.

Origin is really not bad. :shrug:

Not like the consoles are better than using Origin tbh. :rotfl:

The only thing interesting from today's State Of Play video

I'm fairly excited for this:

Loved this game when I was a kid. :D

The FF thing isn't quite as exciting since it was just "more to come in June" really lol.  Hopefully a release date finally. :uhoh:

The message that was attached on their Facebook post implies we should be getting a release date at least and seems like they're on the final stretch so it should hopefully be this year.

Most of the plans are already in place in the run up to launch, so please bear with us a little longer until we can release more information next month – Tetsuya Nomura

Oh my god they view it as 3 games.  It's going to take 10 more years and they're going to charge full price for each one. :|

I have no interest in it being episodic. Hard pass. 

The episodic format doesn't work with most types of games, and rpgs is a TERRIBLE choice for it. 

They never said it wouldn't still be like that so I don't know why so many people in general seem shocked at this. :shrug: 

I'm cool with getting Disk 1 now instead of the whole thing 15 years from now. It's not like we don't know what happens. :rotfl: 

If they think they're going to charge full price for each one though that will be... not good. This would be the company to try it though. :| 

Obligatory:
ve0mJcT.jpg

• ROFL 2

It would be the true height of ridiculous to try and charge full price for 1 game that's literally just cut into pieces.

Anyway I was hoping with how long this was talking that they'd moved away from the multi game thing.  I don't want to play one half then wait several years for the other half.  If that's the case I'll just wait until the game is done. :P

The full game has been done for over 20 years you fucking casual.

Yeah but I didn't play it at the time and by the time I thought about doing it there were already rumors of the remake (before the PS3 launched). :P

I played maybe an hour of it :lurk: 

The fact that they have the gall to release a remake in episodic format is fucking insulting. What the fuck is the point other than to double dip into our wallets? It's not lile they need the fucking time after all these years. 

13 minutes ago, Mera'din said:

Fucking.

Casual.

Well...yeah.  I've never been a weeb like some of you guys so I never got into FF at all.  Just like totally missed the boat there.  I've hardly played any JRPGs.  Not that I hate them, I just wasn't as in the know on that shit until long after the fact.

6 minutes ago, Galeigh said:

The fact that they have the gall to release a remake in episodic format is fucking insulting. What the fuck is the point other than to double dip into our wallets? It's not lile they need the fucking time after all these years. 

Tbh that's only true if they charge the full 60 for each episode.  If it's split into (3) $20 episodes, then no foul in my book.