Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

WandaVision (Disney+ 2021) [SPOILERS]

It was actually up a bit before midnight, so I got a slightly early jump on it. :shiny: 

That was a really satisfying ending, IMO, even if a lot of the fan theories didn't come to fruition. Finding out that Agatha turned Ralph into Pietro was a nice laugh, especially his "heh, boner". Also holy shit, that was the Darkhold, that's awesome. I'm really curious what's gonna happen with the white Vision, I know old Vision basically gave white Vision his memories, but it'll be interesting to learn what comes of it. The last few minutes before everything wraps up had me on the verge of tears, and when Vision went away I just started crying. I was surprised to find out that it was only 40 minutes long, as it felt like twice that (but in a good way!) Oh, and for anyone that didn't realize it, there were actually two credits scenes, one in the middle and one after.

So the friend the Skrull woman told Monica about has to be Talos, right?

And finally, Wanda reading through the Darkhold can't be a good sign...

• Like 1

HAWT DAMN.

-Getting Alt-Quicksilver aka Ralph, again!
-Battle of the Visions!
-Scarlet Witch outfit!
-Agatha being sealed.
-MONICA'S FUCKING POWERS
-The twins wielding their powers!!!!
-That fucking goodbyyyyyyeeeeeeeee :puppyeyes:

So that didn't go what most of us were expecting and that's totes fine with me.  No surprise that the townsfolk feel how they do against Wanda now. Jimmy

GOD DAMN IT MY FRIEND WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE SKRULL

OMG EASTER EGG NUMBER 2!!!!

That whole thing was super intense. Figure the person the skrull was talking about would be Nick Fury. As of last sighting, we know he's in space and the space station he was on makes the perfect setup for what we know SWORD to be in the comics. Kind of wonder if they won't roll SWORD and Alpha Flight into one thing in the MCU with how closely they're tying Captain Marvel related stuff to it.

I really like how they handled the stuff with the two Visions. Got the sad goodbye, with the solid chance of a "revival". He's free of outside control, he has his memories back, so I feel like we'll see him back before (hopefully) too much longer. 

Can definitely see how this will lead into the next Dr. Strange movie now. Mephisto seems even more likely at this point with some of the stuff Agatha was saying and with what we saw in the last after credit scene. Could see Mephisto using the lure or her children as a way to be freed/made whole/whatever if he isn't already via whatever Agatha was worried about.

As a side note, apparently the Darkhold is in that Runaways show too, though I don't know if that even counts as part of the MCU (was under the impression it wasn't but have seen some talk to the contrary). Kind of curious how it resurfaced either way since Ghost Rider was supposed to to have hidden it in another dimension in Agents of SHIELD (maybe something related to Dr. Strange as well in that case).

• Like 1

As far as I was aware, I didn't think the shows Runaways, Cloak/Dagger and so forth were part of the MCU phases. But I may have to give Runaways a watch if some of the talk is true. (I didn't care much for Cloak/Dagger)

I absolutely loved the 2nd Easter egg with Astral Wanda. Makes me wonder if she sought out Strange to understand some of this chaos magic before she went out into hiding and researching.

Edit: Had to look up about the Darkhold since I'm clueless about these details. In one article it points out that the Synopsis for next Dr Strange sets it up fairly well hint for what might be a battle between Wanda and Strange.

“Dr Stephen Strange’s continuing research on the Time Stone is hindered by a friend-turned-enemy, resulting in Strange unleashing unspeakable evil.”

Between what we've seen there in that post cred scene and this, it leaves a possibility. 

I was under the impression that the "friend turned enemy" it refers to is Mordo. Strange has never had any real direct contact with Wanda so it seems unlikely to mean her though she is supposed to be in the movie. Actually a little disappointed that there was no real mention of him outside of Agatha's offhand comment at the end since that much magical energy being thrown around to make the Hex should have drawn his attention.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 9:43 PM, Mera'din said:

I was under the impression that the "friend turned enemy" it refers to is Mordo. Strange has never had any real direct contact with Wanda so it seems unlikely to mean her though she is supposed to be in the movie. Actually a little disappointed that there was no real mention of him outside of Agatha's offhand comment at the end since that much magical energy being thrown around to make the Hex should have drawn his attention.

I'm going to assume Wanda is in the movie because Strange is going to help her save her kids from hell or some other dimension of some kind.

On 3/5/2021 at 1:47 AM, MT said:

So the friend the Skrull woman told Monica about has to be Talos, right?

I assume by friend she meant Captain Marvel/Nick Fury like Kyle said.  Looks like the setup for Secret Invasion stuff (which I forgot was going to be a TV show) and I'm thinking it's going to be Fury/Talos and the good Skrulls vs a rogue group of Skrulls or something.  Fury definitely has a bunch of the good ones embedded deep.

Definitely enjoyed the series.  Last episode did a great job buttoning things up and all was not just forgiven like it never happened either.  I really enjoyed how the story really gave Wanda a huge bunch of character development that there is just no time to do in an Avengers movie because they're huge events.  These TV shows could really go a long way to really letting us learn more about some of the characters that aren't big enough necessarily for their own movie.

I thought the red herring with Pietro was fine but it seemed kind of mean spirited. :P

I'm also really glad they expanded upon Wanda to have it be legit magic and not just that "miracles" shit from the stone.  Fleshes her character out a lot more and gives her more shit to do.  Retcons like this I am always down for.  It's well done.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, webhead said:

I thought the red herring with Pietro was fine but it seemed kind of mean spirited. :P

Not that this sentiment is exactly the same thing, but I don't get all the people upset about the fan theories that didn't pan out. Personally, I just enjoyed the ride. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MT said:

Not that this sentiment is exactly the same thing, but I don't get all the people upset about the fan theories that didn't pan out. Personally, I just enjoyed the ride. 

Oh definitely.  The outrage over that online is why the internet is fucking cancer. :rotfl:   OH GOD MY PERSONAL PET THEORY DID NOT PAN OUT THIS IS TRASH I HATE IT WORSE SHOW EVER CANCELLING D+.  Okay guys.

I keep thinking I've actually posted in here when I haven't lol

I LOVED that the whole Pietro thing was a red herring (naturally I got a good laugh in at "Ralph Bohner") For me it made all the speculation and stuff tie up in a fun way. I wanted the Mephisto thing to be real for a while because that's something I'm vaaaaaaguely familiar with so I thought it'd be really cool to have it happen but I loved the way things went. 

I was so wary of this series (mini series? What does this qualify as?) for so long but it proved itself more and more with every ep and man, it was just fun. And a gut punch. I liked the horror aspect to it, I liked the themes, I liked the heart and emotions, I liked seeing smaller characters come back, I liked the way they worked magic into the canon, I dunno I just liked it all 

I'm just.... pleased with this. hooray!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MT said:

FB_IMG_1615168375804.jpg

• ROFL 3

Thinking on it some more, I'm kind of wondering if they're not angling for a "Dark Phoenix" type of thing with Wanda. The way the presented her getting her powers and how Agatha treated her had a really strong Phoenix Force vibe to it. >_>

Also, I feel like I'm usually pretty on top of comic stuff in general, but how did I not know that her kids were actually eventually revived in the comics? I've legit read comics with them in it and had no idea that's who the characters were supposed to be. O_O 

It's something I found out after the "Halloween" episode (due to Billy's costume looking familiar) and kept forgetting to post about it because I was distracted by other things going on.

For anyone who is apparently as dense as I am:

They brought them back nearly 20 years later in Young Avengers and are Speed and Wiccan. They were presented with different last names but went through a storyline discovering they were brothers and who their parents are. I apparently completely missed that but have read stuff with them after that point and never realized.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mera'din said:

For anyone who is apparently as dense as I am:

They brought them back nearly 20 years later in Young Avengers and are Speed and Wiccan. They were presented with different last names but went through a storyline discovering they were brothers and who their parents are. I apparently completely missed that but have read stuff with them after that point and never realized.

Oh that must be what Children's Crusade is about.  Hah.  I have that book but haven't read it yet.

Just a little over a week until

jKgwSC7.jpg

:rotfl: 

• ROFL 3

Oh my god, seriously.  Every single fucking thing.  That is so accurate it fucking hurts me. :rotfl:

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of the Runaways comic.

I'm a huge fan of James Marsters.

Yet hearing it might, slightly, somewhat, perhaps, kinda tie-in with Wandavision is what is finally going to make me watch the show :lol: 

• Like 1

This has been bugging me for awhile.

When Monica & Jimmy meet for the first time, they interact with the cops outside of Westview, who say they are from Eastview and have never heard of Westview.

Considering this is outside of Westview and the hex, what is the cause?

Agatha?  Side effect from being locked out of Westview, despite being from it? 

• Like 2

I assumed it was a side effect from Wanda's chaos magic originally since, at the time I thought most of the hex was her intentional doing. 

Now that you bring us back to this and thinking over what we've seen, it could have been 

A. Unintentional Side effect from Wanda's magic since she didn't fully know what she was doing. 

B. Agatha's tampering to keep outsiders away from her investigations of Wanda's abilities as much as possible

C. Something that we're missing or just not seeing yet that could possibly be brought up later. 

I legit wouldn't be surprised if it was Agatha messing with shit. 

On 3/14/2021 at 10:01 PM, Tassifox said:

I assumed it was a side effect from Wanda's chaos magic originally since, at the time I thought most of the hex was her intentional doing. 

Now that you bring us back to this and thinking over what we've seen, it could have been 

A. Unintentional Side effect from Wanda's magic since she didn't fully know what she was doing. 

B. Agatha's tampering to keep outsiders away from her investigations of Wanda's abilities as much as possible

C. Something that we're missing or just not seeing yet that could possibly be brought up later. 

I legit wouldn't be surprised if it was Agatha messing with shit. 

I think it was just poor writing tbh. I noticed it a few weeks back, but intentionally ignored/forgave it. It's quite hard "setting the scene" for something like this and you usually find there are plotholes and inconsistencies.

See also: Literally any time travel movie. Yes, even Looper.

• Like 1