Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[21/01/10] Totally Weekly Gaming Thread

New Purchases:

None!

Playing:

:ps4: Marvel's Spider-Man GOTY Edition

Mostly fun, the combat feels a little less refined than the PS3-era Arkham games did with something similar, but I just may not be used to the flow and the amount of options in combat yet. The web-slinging is fantastic and I've got my Scarlet Spider costume going :shiny:. I like how quick the completion percentage is rising too, I've had a few "just one more" moments turn into an extra hour so playing it.

They've already made me not want Otto to go Doc Ock, so hopefully he doesn't <_<

:ds: Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride

:switch: :nes: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light

I think I hit Chapter 14 but I've put this one on hold. Beating a few PS4 digital games to open up more hard drive space while we're on unlimited internet.

Other Gaming Thoughts:

Nothing in particular right now

Haven't been able to play as much this last week, but I've still been putting hours into The Outer Worlds.  Now that it's opened up, I've been a lot more engaged.  I'm digging the setting, and while it's not really reinventing the wheel anywhere, I still find myself thinking pretty deeply about my decisions and thinking about how I want to handle the various factions.  The combat is also a lot more manageable now that I've leveled up and got a solid weapon preference to blow things away with.

I did find two Motion Plus attachments for my Wii motes along with Wii Sports Resort at my job and played a few hours of that with my girlfriend.  I also went back in time a bit further and played some SSX Tricky.

• Like 1

:switch: Contra Anniversary Collection is on sale right now so I cashed in the meager amount of gold points that I had on my account and got this game for like $2. Downloading now. It's going to be a Contra filled weekend! :shiny:

• Like 1

Beat Super C just now. It's been years it feels like since my last play through (which would have been on the 3DS VC, and my old 3DS has been my daughters for a looooong time now, so I guess it has been years :O.O:) Still my favourite NES game ever. I will never ever tire of it. I was a tad rusty to start but after a couple game overs it all came back to me. I still know this game inside and out. 

• Like 2

I could never beat that game even with the Konami code :(

• Like 1

It took a lot of repetition for me to beat Super C the first time as a kid. Eventually I got to the point where I could pretty much beat it at will, because I had the whole thing memorized. I've played it many many times over the years :lolgrin:

Been playing a few things recently other than the normal Destiny routine I've fallen back into.

Cyberpunk 2077: Got this at launch but have been working through it pretty slowly since it's pretty buggy in places. REALLY glad I got a PS5 to play it on because everything I've seen from it being played on the PS4 is pretty awful and I don't think my PC would do a whole lot better with it at this point. Haven't run into too many bugs personally other than one side quest bugging out on me so I can't do it. Only thing I've seen is it seems to crash every couple hours on the dot and a few Skyrim-esque "WTF even was that!? XD " type bugs such as this:

Hades: Bought this one thanks to MT. I love all of Super Giant's games, which is extra surprising because I don't think I've ever liked the style of game that each of their games is. This one being no exception as it's a Rogue-like (Rogue-lite? I lose track of these fucking subgeneres. XD ) which I normally hate. This one really grabbed my attention though. The story, the depth, the music, the characters, the voice acting, is ALL on point. The gameplay loop is also fun and addicting as hell so I find myself playing more than I ever intend to at a time. Think I've made just over 20 "attempts" at this point and I've reached the surface I think like 5 times now. Though I finished finally and then it turns out beating the boss there isn't the end of it and I thought I was gonna cry (beat him with like 20 health left and then he stands up and his health bar fills again and I was like NOOOOOOOO). Might have to turn on the "God Mode" at this point before I cave and give up since I got other stuff I want to play coming out soon. X_x

Man Eater: Free game on PS+ for the PS5 this month. It's decent. Not the kind of game I would ever buy myself, but it's fun to kill some time with. You are shark. You eat things. There's a pretense of a story. Big map to swim around in, collectibles, some challenging fights here and there. Was actually a little hard at first getting used to the controls (and the awful camera if you get too close to the surface of the water) but once you get a couple specific "evolutions" it gets a LOT easier. I've had fun with it.

I've been playing Hades as well and I'm like you and normally don't like these type of games, but this one is really fun. 

I haven't beaten it yet, only made about 25/26 attempts. I can at least make it to Elysium with any weapon and Hades with a couple weapons. 

I started a new game of Hades and haven't gotten to the boss of the third area yet, I think I'm on my 10th or so try this time. Last time through I had God mode on, and it's definitely harder now.

I finally put god mode on. Before that point I struggled with first boss a few times depending on the weapon I was using but I don't think I've ever failed on the 2nd boss (a lot of regular enemies in second area can suck it though). 3rd is a pain in the ass though. I always need at least one revive to get through it.

I'm waiting for Hades to get a release for something with Trophies :lurk:

I'm waiting for a low price :lurk:

1 hour ago, Vic Boss said:

I'm waiting for Hades to get a release for something with Trophies :lurk:

It has Steam achievements 😛

I bought Lego Worlds on the PS4 for the kids a few weeks ago. It is their first video game so they are slowly learning how to use the controller. They are 5 and 7 now. They aren't super interested yet, but it's an easy open world-ish type game they can just have fun and mess around in without having to worry about trying to "win". 

7 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

https://psprices.com/region-ca/index

You can set this one to Canadian prices (though I think Switch actually lets you make a wish list that they notify you on anyways)

Yeah I wishlisted it on the eShop. I'll get an email when it goes on sale. $31.49 regular price. I will wait for at least 50% discount. 

Grabbed :switch: Chasm from the eShop since it's on sale, I'm about 90 minutes into it and having fun. Seems like a fairly basic Metroidvania sort of thing. I like. 

Just been doing Genshin dailies to build up to the last two trophies

I've also been playing a lot of :switch: NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 this week. The games are short and fun. I'll never unlock all the players unless I pay for it (not happening!) but I am trying to get a few more of my favourites. 

Getting back into :switch: Cosmic Star Heroine after I got lazy a long time ago. Took me a stupid long time this morning to figure out what to do next from where I left off, but now I'm back on track :lurk: 

I enjoyed Chasm so much. Gonna have to keep my eye out for deals on similar games on the eShop.

I grabbed :switch: Transistor since it is heavily discounted on the eShop right now. (Tempted to snag Bastion and play it again too... :thinking2:) So far I'm not in love with the Turn() system but maybe it will grow on me as I get better at the game.

I gave up on Transistor. Really wasn't enjoying the gameplay, it didn't grow on me and I definitely didn't get better at it :rotfl:  

I feel like playing something else, maybe a small-ish RPG, but nothing on sale on the eShop is inspiring me right now... :| Might have to look at full priced games (no big name / big $$$ titles though). Anybody got any suggestions?