Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dr. b

I made it 96+ hours

Sunday evening when I ran out of booze, I gave a second thought to the whole dry January idea. Sure it was already Jan. 4th, but whatever. Going dry for 27/31 days would still be quite the achievement. Also it was after 6pm and liquor stores closer early on Sundays :lolgrin:

I was doing quite well this week but when I got home from work today my darling wife said she'd but me a bottle of wine. She's real nice like that :loved: It would be inappropriate to say no, right? I gotta be a good husband here. So my first crack at dry January has ended after 4 days. Maybe I'll see if I can double that the next time I run out :rotfl:

What are you trying and failing at so far in 2021?

• Shiny 1

Given recent events, I don't think anyone would blame ya. 

Been eating well this week managing to stay under my calories every day pretty well.  I lost like 4 lbs the first couple days. :lol:

Saturday is my cheat day tho which works out since that is also Zoom day. :O  

6 hours ago, webhead said:

Been eating well this week managing to stay under my calories every day pretty well.  I lost like 4 lbs the first couple days. :lol:

I've been doing pretty OK on that front as well, I think.

12 hours ago, Galeigh said:

Given recent events, I don't think anyone would blame ya. 

Yeah, I think all the COVID doom and gloom + incessant coverage of goings-on in U S and A [ + my god damn Raptors are killing me with their terrible play ] would drive a lot of people to drink / self-medicate :fup:

I am not using these things as an excuse though.

Please win a game already, Raps :sad:

My wife has had some struggles with alcohol and she stopped drinking around February - March last year. I haven't had anything to drink since about then too because continuing to drink is really a dick move and doesn't help support her. I do miss having a cooking beer. I guess it isn't that bad since I didn't really drink that much to begin with. I don't judge anyone on their choice to drink. After not doing it for a while you can start to see how ingrained it is in our culture and that is kind of shocking. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h2ojunkie said:

After not doing it for a while you can start to see how ingrained it is in our culture and that is kind of shocking. 

It certainly is pervasive.

12 hours ago, little birdy said:

Please win a game already, Raps

Still a little early to call it yet, but they're looking pretty good right now! :shiny:

Not made any resolutions as such, but I had been saying for weeks that I wanted to set up OBS over the Christmas break in order to stream retro games in the new year.

Christmas came and went and I didn't do it. I pencilled it into my diary for every day since, then shifted it to the next, then the next, then the next.

Anyway, finally sorted it out yesterday so feelsgoodman. But January is usually a write-off for me. New Year resolutions start in Feb/March.

• Like 1

Are you streaming on Twitch?

You can openly post it here you know.  In fact, if you just post it, I'll put it on the portal. :P 

NO IT'S A FUCKING SECRET

• ROFL 1

You gotta be on my security clearance level to know this secret. Or maybe gralic will just PM it to you :lolgrin:

On 1/13/2021 at 8:30 PM, webhead said:

You can openly post it here you know.  In fact, if you just post it, I'll put it on the portal. :P 

I'd rather keep it separate from this account tbh :lurk: but anyone who's interested is welcome to the link to come hang out in my channel

like I said, it's a fucking secret

My Dry January in a nutshell :rotfl: 

All January there were TV ads for Dry Feb so I have been convinced to give dryness another shot. I didn't officially sign up for Dry Feb 'cause I cannot be bothered to do fundraising, but the goal is to be dry all February. I may have to give myself one cheat day though because Tết is next week and you can't celebrate Tết without some good rice wine (or a nice bottle of vodka since I can't get the good stuff in Canada).

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1