Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[20/12/28] Totally Weekly Gaming Thread

Bought/Received:

- 1 TB PS4 Hard Drive en route to replace the one that failed on me (it was nice enough to wait until I'd Platinum'd Horizon)

- :ps4: Nier Automata Game of the Yorha Edition: Tossing that on the backlog pile because I want to replay Nier Replicant first and that's not even out yet

- :ps4: Nioh Season Pass: Just because it was on sale and it's almost never on sale

- :ps4: Rise of the Tomb Raider: Loved the reboot, def want to play this eventually

- :ps4: Doom 64: Also mean to play the old-school Doom games eventually :lurk:

Playing:

- :switch: :SNES: Mario Picross: Only have a few sets of puzzles left. Tired of the late-game puzzles so I'm gonna use FAQs from here on out to finish it off (it'll bother me if I don't complete it)

- :switch: :nes: Fire Emblem - Shadow Dragon and the Sword of Light: Turn Rewind and Bookmark functionality makes this game playable (and I still managed to lose the opening 5 rounds of a new map because I re-loaded a bookmark and it was near the end of the previous map :fup:) . In the DS version I did end up losing some units, gonna see if I can make it through this OG game without losing any

- :ps4: Genshin Impact: Or I was playing it before the PS4 exploded ;_; The new region expansion doesn't look like it added any new trophies, though.

- :ds: Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride: Monster recruitment might be addictive :lurk:

I got my kiddo :switch: Taiko no Tatsujin Rhythmic Adventure Pack for Christmas, so I gotta get started playing it soon. 

Christmas Haul

-Ghost of Tsushima :ps4: This is the main one I've been playing.  Started out kind of simple and felt like maybe the game was over hyped.  A couple hours later and I'm getting distracted from distractions.  I'm probably putting a lot of time into this one

-The Outer Worlds :ps4: Just started this one today.  Haven't gotten very far, and I've heard mixed opinions since it's release, but I love the Fallout games, so I have decent hopes with what I've played so far.  No VATS is gonna take some adjusting, though.

-Spyro Reignited Trilogy :switch: Started the first game on Sunday, but I'm largely saving this one to play with a partner who loves this series, especially since I've played 1 and 3 in recent years.  Might tear into Ripto's Rage, though.

-DOOM Eternal :ps4: Haven't popped this one on yet, but I've been hyped to get my hands on it.

-Trials of Mana :switch: Same as above but more so

-Persona 5 Royal :ps4: Got this one for myself with a Black Friday deal.  Same as above, but I don't know if I want to get around to this until I finish my playthrough of Persona 3.

-Katamari Reroll :switch: Bought this as part of Nintendo's holiday sale.  Loved the originals when they first came out, and I no longer have my ps2 copy, so this was a pretty easy buy.  Have only rolled up a couple stars so far, but it's as satisfying as ever.

I also bought a bunch of games on the PSN recently, but I don't remember what all of them were.  I know MediEvil, Control, Hitman 2, and Dark Cloud were a part of them.

43 minutes ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

-The Outer Worlds :ps4: Just started this one today.  Haven't gotten very far, and I've heard mixed opinions since it's release, but I love the Fallout games, so I have decent hopes with what I've played so far.  No VATS is gonna take some adjusting, though.

I played through that on my Extra Life stream last year, I like that game quite a bit.

Destiny 2 :pc: I've mostly gotten back into this, the bf and his friends play it, and web and Mera'din have started playing again too, and it's been fun.

Grindstone :switch: Dope little puzzle game that was, up until recently, an Apple Arcade exclusive. Been playing that mostly on the weekends when i'm at the bf's place, since it's so easy to take with me (and he has a Switch as well, so I just borrow his dock)

Got Wilmot's Warehouse and Disco Elysium (both :pc: ) from web for Christmas, but haven't dug into either of those yet.

• Like 1

Playing :ps4: Y's Memoires of Celceta. I finished it last night, debating if I want to finish grinding for the rest of the trophies. 

Not sure what to move on to now. 

Pretty much waiting for Ys IX. Wish I kept my PS4 version of VIII, because I want to play it now. 

I played Memories of Celceta on the Vita a few years ago. Great game :nod: I've been wanting to pick up VIII for Switch, it's been on sale on the eShop a few times, but I'd probably never have time to actually play it :lurk:

edit: In fact Ys VIII is on sale right now as part of NISA's New Year 2021 sale... Lots of interesting stuff on sale right now :thinking2:

The combat in Outer Worlds is kicking my ass.  Part of it is probably because I'm not the greatest FPS player, so not having the RPG benefit of something akin to V.A.T.S. is making me get slaughtered a lot.  It probably doesn't help that I'm on hard, but fuck.  I've died multiple times at almost every encounter so far.  I've heard this gets easier as you level up and get better gear soon, and I've still had a blast with the work I've put in so far.  The victories feel satisfying, that's for sure.

I added :ps5: (ps5) to the emotes now btw.

• Like 2

Been playing Hades and it's a good time. I generally don't do rogues, but the gameplay loop and the story/game progression got me hooked.

Pokemon Sword still has my attention with the amount of stuff to do still as I've barely touched crown tundra dlc.

And Hollow Knight because it's my fix, lol.

:ps4: God of War (2018): Easy-moding because the combat doesn't feel as good as the OG games (it's probably the behind-the-shoulder camera angle tbh). I'm really surprised at how much the levels do feel like next-gen God of war, though, they're built so well and it's so fun trying to explore every little nook and cranny :nod: