Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Fall Anime 2020

With Summer Season wrapping up for lots of series I took a look over Fall to see what's out. Not a lot for continuing series but after going over trailers there might be some gems for new stuff.

https://anichart.net/Fall-2020

What I'm hyped for:
Danmachi S3 :shiny:
Golden Kamui S3
Continuing with Fire Force
Demon Slayer Movie  :shiny:
Burn The Witch
Fate /Grand Order movie

What might be good:
Jujutsu Kaisen
Hiurashi No Naku Karo Ni (that one looks like a mind fuck horror)
Noblesse  
Majo No Tabitabi (gives me Witch Academia vibes)
Kimi No Boku no Saigo yadda yadda....
Bem movie
Kimi wa Kanata

Ones that I might get hooked on:
Akudame Drive
Yuukoku no Moriarty
Maou Jou de Oyasumi
Kings Raid
Taiso Samurai
Magatsu Warheit

Definites are Fire Force, Dragon Quest, Golden Kamuy and the endless anime I continue to watch (Pokemon, Bort, Digimon presumably, One Piece, Black Clover). I'll have a look through the rest of the list in maybe a week or so.

motha

fuggen

HIGURASHI NO NAKU KORO NI REMAKE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

excited for Burn the Witch, Demon Slayer movie and more Fire Force but mostly fuckin' HIGURASHI 

oh, i'll probably watch the inuyasha babies or whatever the fuck it is because duh

and a few other things but i very much mostly care about higurashi because i have been eagerly awaiting that

• Like 1

We were supposed to get the final season of Attack on Titan this fall :| I had a look at the chart a few days ago. I didn't really see anything worth looking forward to. Guess I'll wait and see what Crunchyroll will have and try some new shows out if I get really bored. 

• Like 1

Is this the first run if Jujutsu Kaisen?  I've been toying around with starting the manga, so maybe I'll do this instead.  Also, is Black Clover finally coming back?

We might be in filler territory tho since it says "anime canon" on the filler list

20 hours ago, Anelle said:

HIGURASHI NO NAKU KORO NI REMAKE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I thought I've heard that name before would be good for another creeper story

8 hours ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

Is this the first run if Jujutsu Kaisen

Looks like it. The trailer does look pretty badass.

20 hours ago, Anelle said:

oh, i'll probably watch the inuyasha babies or whatever the fuck it is because duh

I'm hesitant on this since 1. I never finished IY and 2. I feel like it's gonna be overhype and not be as oood or they try too hard to bring back a lot of the old jokes. Lov e m e som e Rumiko Takahashi but I want more of her other stuff like the Shinigami one

Soooo Jujutsu Kaisen apparently started on GoGoanime so......ya I'm hooked

Crunchyroll says the final season of Attack on Titan will start airing Dec. 7th :nailbiting2:

• Like 1

Looks like Promised Neverland is supposed to be January.  Fuckin...hurry. :rotfl:

• Like 1

Right?! I started watching it again with my room mate's friend last night when she came over. Sometimes its so hard to keep a straight face when friends watch something you've seen and they start going through their theories. :koffing:

Okay so far what's been dropped for Fall season I'm enjoyin so far. Although that Rap Battle anime is a little much with all the Bishi and instant musical numbers to stay any kind of focus on it. XD

Whelp I feel like they dropped the ball on first impressions for Daughters of Inuyasha spin by making it basically another Inuyasha and the gang episode. :nono:

Although I added Talentless Nana on my list be cause that one was kinda more wow than I first thought it would be

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni New Ep 1 

Spoiler

I'M NOT SURE ANYONE ELSE WATCHED THE ORIGINALS BUT WHEN THAT FUCKING OG THEME DROPPED AT THE END I LOST MY SHIT I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED 

• Like 1

Honestly I should watch the originals. Dunno why I never did somehow

What I've got so far:

Pokemon, Digimon, Black Clover, One Piece, Fire Force

Golden Kamuy and Shingeki no Keki coming back :shiny:

Dragon Quest is aight, I like the '90s Toriyama aesthetic

Moriarty the Patriot is also aight

Akudama Drive is cool as shit, like a mix of Cyberpunk and Suicide Squad (like really, really Suicide Squad) but Japanese so BETTER

On 10/5/2020 at 5:58 PM, Tassifox said:

Honestly I should watch the originals. Dunno why I never did somehow

after watching ep 2 today i'm almost tempted to tell you to go binge the originals. This series appears to either assume you've seen or are familiar with the originals or is trying to present the story in a whole new way, which will almost certainly be spoiled for you by casual reading of comments and stuff on this. 

SHIT'S CHANGED, GO WATCH THE ORIGINALS OR READ THE SYNOPSIS OR ASK ME TO EXPLAIN THE STORY BECAUSE THIS IS NOT A REBOOT THIS IS BASICALLY SEASON 3 

Either way, keep watching this one shit's gonna get crazy quick and I am excited 

editing again to explain myself more but i will spoiler it just in case (i don't reveal anything except what changed my mind on my post!)

Spoiler

after I finished watching and made this post I went to browse social media and saw an announcement from Funimation that confirmed it for me---- The title of this series is NOT "Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni NEW" but "Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Gou" which the series deliberately withheld until this ep. They wanted to fake people out.

I think people can enjoy this series going in just from this still, but now that I know what they're doing I VERY MUCH recommend you get a solid baseline of the original plot, because I'm not sure how straightforward they'll be with it since this is aimed at existing fans.

• Like 1

Funimation that's rude.

Nelle, noted. It will give me something to watch in between updates of other shows.

Definitely watching Akudama Drive better animation and all the same insanity that Dangonronpa had. Which if you haven't seen that. Do it.
So far I've been satisfied with the Fall season up so far. Minus the fail opening of InuYasha Girls Squad.

I mean, Funimation wasn't behind it the anime studio was 

Episode 2 cemented Jujutsu Kaisen pretty quickly :nod:

On 10/8/2020 at 1:15 PM, Anelle said:

I mean, Funimation wasn't behind it the anime studio was 

Still rude  :badrazz:

Taiso Samurai came up today. And I kinda like it. A bit more quirky than I imagined it to be at first. And I also like how we're getting some more single anime dad love here. I can't think of it right now but I feel like anime moms are represented more than anime dads like Hughs, Goto, and a couple others. (Be is single or married parent) I mean am I the only one who notices that?

Higurashi ep 3

Spoiler

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SHE SAID IT SHE SAID THE LINE

USO DA

• Like 1

I started watching the Kai season from '07

Spoiler

If it weren't for the studio's announcement, you would honestly think it was a reboot from how closely they're following the 1st season not including Rika's talk with Hyuuchan

Spoiler

yeah, like... this seems to be a reboot that is specifically aimed at existing fans. There's hints that this series is going to expand it to include stuff that is reveal in the other "when they cry" game lore though, and they're showing stuff that you wouldn't see until deep into a playthrough or watchthrough of the original, so I still stand by my "having a baseline idea of plot is the way to go" statement

• Like 1

I still haven't watched anything new yet :lurk: But I'm gonna run out of City Hunter soon and nothing on Netflix is exciting me (tried Great Pretender which looked great, but I bailed on it pretty quick because why do they gotta speak English so much :nope:) so I'm eventually gonna get bored enough to give something new a go on Crunchyroll. Their lineup (and shitty unreliable service these days) is not very impressive though...

JuJutsu Kaisen is like first-arc Bleach mixed with early Naruto and it's cool as shit

• Like 1

Having never watched Bleach or Naruto, I don't get those references :lolgrin: What else would you compare it to?

Uhhhh, something where exorcists who uses cool powers kill squishy monsters

I might check that out! Maybe the yokai and cool powers will remind me a bit of Yu Yu Hakusho. That's an all-time favourite for me. 

Yeah, no YYH vibes coming from Jujutsu Kaisen. Very different. But it's interesting enough to keep following along with.

On 10/16/2020 at 9:38 AM, little birdy said:

(tried Great Pretender which looked great, but I bailed on it pretty quick because why do they gotta speak English so much :nope:)

You do realize that they do a lot of international traveling so it makes sense that they would know/speak multiple languages. Not to mention that edamura assumed that Laurent was American to begin with and the first story arc takes place in Hollywood so English is bound to show up. Watch it dubbed (if it has that option) . It's too good of an anime to pass up.

Problem is I wanted to watch it as a bedtime show in the evening = I would need to turn the volume up louder to hear what they're saying in English (there we no subs during the English speaking parts). All Japanese is better because I can keep it low volume and just read the subs. 

• Like 1

HorribleSubs shutdown at the start of the fall season :O.O: 

yeah, they been done gone :salute: thanks for the times, horrible subs

5 hours ago, little birdy said:

HorribleSubs shutdown at the start of the fall season :O.O: 

I've got a place or two if you need'em

I pretty much use Gogoanime aka Kissanime for majority of my stuff. I know it's not for everyone because you gotta make sure your firewall and blockers are all set in tight so if Vic has a better option go for it.

Also isn't there a way to fiddle with the subtitle settings for English so you can get subs for both the Japanese and English on Netflix? they usually have several settings for audio and subs

15 minutes ago, Vic Boss said:

I've got a place or two if you need'em

I actually just went to the HS site to check their schedule, didn't even need to download anything. I'm sure somebody will pop up (if they haven't already) ripping shows off of Funi, CR, etc. and listing the torrents on Nyaa.

• Like 1

Depending on how some of them go I may drop a couple of titles mainly because while cute to watch, some are just to slice of life fantasy style to keep my attention. I haven't even bothered to watch the InuSpawn latest ep in a backlog of shows I had. Kimi no Boku no Saigo etc. kinda reminds me of SAO with more forbidden romance and way less creep factor in there.

Total top faves for me on new content so far is:
Jujutsi Kaisen
Higurashi
Akudama Drive
Taiso Samurai
Talentless Nana

Continuing:

Pokemon

One Piece

Black Clover

Digimon

Fire Force

Shingeki no Keki

New:

JuJutsu Kaisen

Dragon Quest

Moriarty the Patriot (not totally convinced yet)

Hang on! Climbing Girls

Akudama Drive

Adachi and Shimamura

Still watching Dragon's Dogma here and there but it's not great

1 hour ago, Vic Boss said:

Hang on! Climbing Girls

I thought about trying this one too :lurk:

That's good to know :rotfl:

3 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

Still watching Dragon's Dogma here and there but it's not great

It really isn't between poor mix of the 2D/3D and shitty storytelling it's like they wrote a semi knock off Berserk

Higurashi Gou ep 4

Spoiler

OH SHIT IT'S BEGUN THEY AIN'T PLAYING AROUND

• Like 1

Spoiler

Ya shit went down big time on this world.

Also, HOW is Keichan still fucking alive after all that stabbing!?

Spoiler

no idea, that was a LOT of stabbing....