Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Guess WAT?

You guys finally get granted 1 thing y'all been bugging me on. I made a Discord account. What do?

• Like 1

I made a Discord account back near the start of the pandemic to try to reconnect with some Internet buds from an old forum from forever ago. Turns out we were all either to lazy to actually login or never online at the same time as each other. Might as well have just kept posting on a forum. 

So in response to the topic question, "What do?" Deactivate/delete that sucker and post more here!

• Shiny 1

I made the account bc FB is updating their Terms of Service in Oct which will probably lead to me using it even less or disabling that account. And a few of my circles are already talking about alternatives to using FB for group stuff and this is one of them.

i haven't even bothered to read what's changing because the new layout sucks so much

pisses me off, i use facebook for my wildlife rehab resource groups but i can't fucking stand the new shit, and I can never find what I want. It's just a fucking mess. Also it's just garbage anyway. BUT I HAVE A FRIEND WHO LIKE... INSISTS ON FB CHAT BEING HOW WE KEEP IN TOUCH SO FUCK

48 minutes ago, little birdy said:

I made a Discord account back near the start of the pandemic to try to reconnect with some Internet buds from an old forum from forever ago. Turns out we were all either to lazy to actually login or never online at the same time as each other. Might as well have just kept posting on a forum. 

So in response to the topic question, "What do?" Deactivate/delete that sucker and post more here!

Talk in our Discord then. :shiny:

And come to the fucking Zooms. :P

I'll pass on both, thanks :lolgrin:

Why do you hate? :(

18 hours ago, webhead said:

And come to the fucking Zooms.

Baby steps Wab. Baby steps.

19 hours ago, Anelle said:

i haven't even bothered to read what's changing because the new layout sucks so much

Basically this is what they're adding to their Terms. Which from how I'm understanding the wording, just gonna be more hard core flagging on posts by stupid people which will lead to more stupid censorship. Yes I agree that social media corp can do what they want really with it since I don't think it was supposed to turn into what it has now vs when it was first made. But fuck this. I'm basically going to try and only use FB to keep in contact with my groups that I need to contact with (SCA, Ren faire staff stuff etc) and events. Otherwise I may just disable my page down the ways.

image.thumb.png.37bd62c3ab592a85a798b21009ae8d38.png