Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

One Punch Man

Season two starts next month ? 

This came up in my recommended right after I watched the John Wick 3 trailer.  My body is fucking ready! :headbang:

I'm very nervous about the director change and studio change. :nailbiting2: Like... JC Staff are old school and they've done some good stuff, but they're not famed for their amazing fluid animation like MADHOUSE is. That trailer looks good and the character design is on point but it hasn't showed off any of the "good stuff" for the animation yet so I'm getting antsy. Hoping my fears are unfounded and they knock it out of the park, but they've got big shoes to fill!

• Like 1

There are some people really shitting on the animation for the new trailer.  I think Genos has CGI arms at one point? IDK, I'm not to worried because nothing in the trailer stood out to me as bad, and ultimately had me hyped for the new season.  I'll reserve judgment until I'm watching the final product.

• Like 1

I think I heard it was going to exclusively stream on Hulu or something like that, anyone heard about that?

Animation looked fine to me but it was a very snappy trailer cutting from scene to scene.  I really hope they don't have a bunch of fuckin CGI.  I hate that stuff.  Looks fucking awful in Berserk. :sick:

Still I'm excited either way tbh.  I want to wait for the bluray (bought the first season), but I don't think I can make it that long.  :crying:

9 MORE DAYS UNTIL SEASON 2~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of COURSE Ep 0 that I get for OPM is a fucking RECAP OF SEASON 1.........while I understand this since it has been awhile since S1 but I feel jipped after the long wait. :rotfl:

4 MORE DAYS!! :eek:

HGNNNN!!!!!!!

Needs to be NOW

That new intro is delicious

Fucking died at everything King did

"The first sequel in 3 and a half years" That's fucking META

• Like 2

I noticed that too and I laughed so hard.

All of it was seriously perfect.

Spoiler

I actually was betting that King's facial scar was from something like a cat. Then they show the flashback and I was all "oh he really got it from a monster, alright"
"You're window was open" - "WE'RE ON THE 22ND FLOOR!" Priceless
I love that they're like sorta buddy buddy now at the end of this.

I totally can't wait to see how this goes!

It's on Hulu isn't it?

I think it is on Hulu. I remember it flashing up on my feed recently

EP 2!!!

Spoiler

Dude Blizzards Onee chan is gonna give her so much shit for losing to Saitama.
SONIC AND GENOS FACE OFF!
GASP! HE CHOPPED HIS HAIR OFF!

OMG this villain! SO MUCH HYPE!

Gonna wait for the whole season to be on Netflix. If Hulu blocks that, then I will pirate it. 

For those watching it now: how is the animation quality?

It's pretty much the same as the previous season if not only slightly more scratchy. In the spoiler tag below is the OP if it helps give you an idea.

Spoiler

I think the animation noticeably dipped in the second episode. Only small bursts of high quality animation, and cut corners everywhere else to make it happen.

Oof

59 minutes ago, Tassifox said:

It's pretty much the same as the previous season if not only slightly more scratchy. In the spoiler tag below is the OP if it helps give you an idea.

Reveal hidden contents

OPs are never a good guide for how good the animation quality is cause they are usually a much higher standard. 

Well this to me is a good representation. :P

If it's any other series, it's good animation, but for One Punch Man, it's kinda just average with flashes of great

• Like 1

Dude it's not like when Berserker started up again.

9 minutes ago, Tassifox said:

Dude it's not like when Berserker started up again.

Good to know

So friend just shared this on FB and I lol'd

56523130_10156212766758317_6924517441942

2 hours ago, DeJaPon said:

If it's any other series, it's good animation, but for One Punch Man, it's kinda just average with flashes of great

eh, it was fine. You guys are way to serious. 

• Like 1

Ep 4

Spoiler

Of course Metal Bat would get the fucking luck of fighting a Dragon level monster at the same time Garo shows up to pick a fight.

Ep 4

- I've gotten over the mediocre (for OPM) animation style

- And probably because the secondary characters in this are so good. Metal Bat, Garou and King are really good additions.

Spoiler

I really do enjoy getting to see the abilities of the other heros for moments like this. Kakumen Rider is so naive though :rotfl:

• Like 1

Spoiler

aww man... I wanted the tournament pwnage to start already! :popcorn:
Ep was still fun tho. 

ep 4

• Like 1

S2 E5

Metal Bat and Garou are so cool. I liked how rapid-fire the monster attacks are getting, but not so much of a fan of how much they're glossing over the tournament

Spoiler

It almost feels like they're trying to put too many things story arc wise but I'd have to ask a friend about it since she's read the manga. They may possibly focus more on the tournament in the next episode since the main fight with Garou and Metal Bat finished. Which I love that his little sister was the one who ended it and Garou went with it. He must have a soft spot for kids.

Good episode today. Nice to have more action from the main characters.

I like how fast the plot moves (though maybe a side-effect of them not animating much anymore? I wonder how many of those fights did get panel time in the manga)

PIG GOD NEXT EPISODE

Definitely felt that it was more full on both sides of the situation here. Instead of the fast back n forth on story.

Ep 7

Spoiler

Suriyu definitely pissed off Saitama, but then Saitama had to go and get carried away XD

Fuuuuuuck this fight man, I feel bad for the guy :rotfl:

• Like 1

Ep 9

Spoiler

Dude his attacks are doing jack shit. So much for Bakuzan the Monster :P

Oh that's so cute "can I become a hero too?" pfft lord.

OMG I missed seeing Puri Puri Prisoner :sweat:

"Hopefully he'll be stronger than me" :koffing:

OMG Sonic.....

Ep 10

Spoiler

Seeing Saitama's gamer rage face is pure gold. Oh my sides hurt. :rotfl:

I really like the variety of abilities we get to see in action in this season with other heros vs last season.

Spoiler

HGNNNNNNN! FINALLY GARO AND OLD MAN BANG FACE OFF!

• Like 1

I hate when an episode starts off in the middle of something, it makes me feel like I missed the last episode or something. I had to go back and check that I watched the previous one.

• Like 1

Ep 11

Garou's my favourite character (Sorry Metal Bat) in this season. I fucking love much contrast there is with his character. He's a villain and everyone treats him like one, and he goes out of his way to attack heroes, but his motivations are to stick up for and show the value of the underdog, purer than a lot of the fame-chasing going on with the heroes. He gets defeated once in awhile and grows from it like a hero does.  He gets ganged up on like a big-time shonen villain does but is also overcoming overwhelming odds like a hero does against villains like that.

• Like 2

And another one checked off for the season. This was a good one though!

Garou is totally my fav character and the best part of the season

• Like 1