Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Garlic Junior

All You Can Eat Buffet

So, you're at an All You Can Eat buffet. I assume you have been to one near you, but in case you haven't it's basically a restaurant with many tables featuring:

Chinese food

Japanese food

Indian food

Mexican food

Seafood

Pizza & Pasta

Sunday roast

Soups

All kinds of sides

A dessert tray w/ a ton of flavours of ice creams

You get a plate, you go to any table(s) and fill it up. Eat, repeat, until your sick.

What do you go for first?

How many plates?

Strange combinations?

Leaving room for dessert?

Normal one (which it's been awhile since I've gone so just from what I remember)
1. Seafood, japanese, chinese, maybe soups
2. usually 3 plates with the 3rd normally being reserved for dessert if I'm not too full
3. Usually get a little of everything and if I like it I go back for seconds

Trappers is one of my fave sushi places that has an all you can eat bar which is the cheaper route to go vs getting a normie table and ordering individual plates. And the lunch menu is cheaper than the dinner menu for AYCE bar.
-Rolls are huge
-Not allowed to go boxes
-Certain rolls you're only allowed to order 1/roll/person because of how much time rolls take to cook/make.
- I can normally fit about 5 plates...maybe 6. Used to be able to do more.

Friend also introduced me to an all you can eat Korean place where you get to cook the meat yourself. Lots of sides, you get 2 kinds of soup and holy crap I learned that white kimchi exists and I love it vs normal kimchi. I think just between us my friend and I went through about 3 plates of sliced meats.

• Shiny 1

17 hours ago, Garlic Junior said:

you're at an All You Can Eat buffet

Don't do this. :lurk:  Take the money you'd pay for that and just get a normal meal. :rotfl:

But if I was going to a good buffet...I'm just going to start out with what I'd look for first (my favorite things...also taking into account I can only eat so much):

• Steak (Filet)
  • Pizza (All kinds)
  • Chicken Alfredo
  • French Fries
  • Whatever looks good at the time (I'd generally get my favorites out of the way then start looking around to see what looks cool)
  • Ice cream and cheesecake for dessert

If we go further in, I'd have to write a much longer post of stuff I like. :rotfl:

Back when I ate at Ryan's regularly, it would be bread rolls. Lots and lots of bread rolls with honey butter.:lurk:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deszae said:

Back when I ate at Ryan's regularly, it would be bread rolls. Lots and lots of bread rolls with honey butter.:lurk:

Those rolls were god tier. I would kill to have Ryan's opened back up just for them. 

I don't like buffets, too much to choose from. And I find the sheer amount of food that I see so many people taking kind of repulsive. It turns into mindless eating of things just because they are there and there is so much of it. It all seems like such a waste.

8 minutes ago, little birdy said:

I don't like buffets, too much to choose from. And I find the sheer amount of food that I see so many people taking kind of repulsive. It turns into mindless eating of things just because they are there and there is so much of it. It all seems like such a waste.

It's also almost universally terrible food.  Only exception I've experienced thus far are Vegas buffets.  Those are like...a category all their own and even then...you gotta know which ones are the "good" ones or you're still wasting your time on crap (or overpaying for shit you don't want like crab legs).

The Wynn's is real good, and I think Bally's is the other good one I heard about. Haven't been out to Vegas in a long time. The Wynn is where I tried lamb for the first time.

• Like 1

That might be cool. :thinking2:

And expensive

AirBNB baby! :shiny:

Also...take payments on the house...ahead of time. :uhoh:  :rotfl:

I would just sleep in my car, it's roomy enough with the seats down :rotfl: