Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[09/05/19] Weekly What Have You Been Playing?

Still grinding along slowly but surely in STM SJR. Actually grinding right now too, leveling up a bit and maybe gonna play around with fusions to see if I can get more elemental diversity combined with same-alignments.

I've been waffling between starting Deus Ex: Human Revolution DX on PS3, but then that announcement of SNES online with Switch might have me playing one of those instead, I haven't decided yet.

Huh, I missed that SNES announcement. I'm looking forward to this! Got my bluetooth SNES-style 8bitdo controller all ready to go :shiny:

All I've played this week, if you can call it playing, is Pokemon X with my daughter. She's the one playing. I'm just referencing a FAQ to help her get through to the last badge she needs. I'm impressed how well she's done figuring the game out to this point since she doesn't really play games much - nowhere near as much as I did at that age. I'm finding this more fun than actually playing a game myself. We're going to play Pokemon Sword together when it comes out ?

Overwatch still, a lot of that. I started Control but can't seem to get into it. The shooting feels off, and i'm missing a bunch of shots I don't think I should be, which is getting on my nerves.

Finishing up Three Houses in the next week or so, probably moving on the Mana Collection. Interested in the Grandia HD collection on Switch, but don't want to pay $40 for it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MT said:

I started Control but can't seem to get into it. The shooting feels off, and i'm missing a bunch of shots I don't think I should be, which is getting on my nerves.

I'm loving this game. Haven't noticed too much issues with the shooting myself, but I don't honestly use it much at the point I'm at. Have you got the telekinesis thing yet? Once you can throw shit at enemies you almost don't need the gun anymore with the right upgrades and mods. :rotfl: 

Still lots of Overwatch and Anthem for me. Still slowly working my way through Persona 4: Golden (can only play when wife is asleep so I don't spoil it for her so I don't get a lot of time with it). Making solid progress on Horizon: Zero Dawn, and have also started Control. Absolutely loving the game. Combat gets intense, exploration feels really meaningful, and the story is interesting. Feels like a super serious version of Warehouse 13 with the mysterious "What the fuck is going on!?" tone of something like Lost or Legion. Main shortcoming I've seen so far is the map is kind of garbage. It's not the worst in game map I've ever seen, but it's pretty far down on the list. Looks nice, but isn't terribly functional. 

Hoping to finish at least one of these before next week when Greedfall comes out since that seems like it will be a much more involved game.

41 minutes ago, Mera'din said:

I'm loving this game. Haven't noticed too much issues with the shooting myself, but I don't honestly use it much at the point I'm at. Have you got the telekinesis thing yet? Once you can throw shit at enemies you almost don't need the gun anymore with the right upgrades and mods. :rotfl: 

I just answered the Hotline for the first time and got the shotgun add on. I like the rest of the game just fine, I just can't adjust to the shooting for some reason. Also, I wonder if there's a way to switch what shoulder you look over as you aim down sights, because depending on what side of cover I pop out from behind, I may want to shoot from the other shoulder. It blocks a lot of my view unnecessarily.

You can if I remember correctly. If you're playing on console, I think it was down on the d-pad if I remember correctly. Only problem playing so many games at once is I get controls mixed up sometimes.

I think you get the power right around that point. Easily the best one in the game (not that the others aren't good too) and I recommend upgrading it before most of the others (except maybe health and energy as needed). Especially if you aren't a fan of the shooting as it auto-targets enemies and after upgraded will one-shot almost any normal enemy. There's only a few enemies that it's not as useful against (a few can dodge it), but there are ways around that.

I have telekinesis already, got that a while ago. Fought Tommassi for the first time and used it to take down his goons.

I'm on PC so I'll have to dig into the options for that shoulder change button. I haven't been playing the game in large enough chunks to bother finding it yet ?

• Like 1

Have to say this is one I kind of wish I had got on PC now that I have mine working properly again. When there's a lot going on in combat, the PS4 chugs pretty hard. The visual effects when the enemies die are really cool and look amazing, but the PS4 does NOT like them. XD

I hear it's better on a Pro and an XBox One X, but yeah. I'd heard how bad it ran on console, so I didn't bother. There are a few slight hitches on my end, but I've needed to upgrade my PC for a while now.

Teamfight Tactics.  Its League of Legends auto chess.  RNG can be really frustrating but i enjoy it.  Plus the little legends are awesome. Paddlemar is best little buddy.

:hide:

Still playing D3 for some reason.  I can't quit you baby. :heart:

I have been playing Fallout 76, GTA V, and Forza Motorsport 6.

• Like 1

Oh, I forgot I started up Legend Of Zelda: Minish Cap again on my 3DS.

• Like 1

So my friend talked me into doing some aram(All Random All Middle). I managed to get my champ. Right at the end of game i managed to pop an assassin and adc at the same time. :biglol:

Kersplode

:hide:

A dozen mods for Hollow Knight. Wanna play smash and moonlighter at some point tho.

I can answer her entire year from jan 1 to dec 31: Hollow Knight with a few dips into pokemon. :rotfl:

• ROFL 1