Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Favorite Video Game Series

For me it's The Legend of Zelda, hands down. Growing up I was a huge Nintendo fanboy, and would pretty much always have an issue of Nintendo Power with me at my tiny little private school. Funnily enough that's how I started hanging out with someone i've been friends with since the 4th grade. He was hanging out with another mutual friend who referred to me as "the Nintendo Power kid". Tangent aside, Zelda's been the main Nintendo franchise that's stuck with me ever since I was a kid. I still love me some Mario, but (mainline) Zelda games have rarely let me down. A Link To The Past is probably my favorite game of all time, and one I love going back to. I'm even considering getting a Zelda themed tattoo for my first one.

I would probably have to pick Mario. It's the only one where, when it's done right, makes me feel like a little kid again. Odyssey was absolute magic because of that.

There's an honorable mention to Donkey Kong Country for the same reason, but they're inconsistent with releases and while I like the DKCR games, they haven't brought back my guy K Rool and the Kremlings.

• Like 1

Recently: The answer might be the Project Diva games. I've gotten so much entertainment value out of these games. 

All-time: Probably Mario Bros. Honorable mention to Final Fantasy. 

Persona. It's the only series where I've liked every game they've released in it. 

I like Mario, Zelda and Final Fantasy, but each one has games I don't like. 

Metal Gear Solid, MegaMan X, or Mario I think.  I'd say MMX is pretty easily my favorite and sadly 2 of my top series are basically dead now. :crying:

I was beyond excited when they released the MMX collection for Switch.  I REALLY hope they resurrect the series again.  I'd much rather get a new one in the X line than another stupid retro classic cash in one personally.  That annoyed me to no end since, in my opinion, X was an improvement in every way over classic. :(

Please Capcom.... You've been doing so well lately.  Give me MMX9. :crying:

5 hours ago, webhead said:

Metal Gear Solid, MegaMan X, or Mario I think.  I'd say MMX is pretty easily my favorite and sadly 2 of my top series are basically dead now. :crying:

I was beyond excited when they released the MMX collection for Switch.  I REALLY hope they resurrect the series again.  I'd much rather get a new one in the X line than another stupid retro classic cash in one personally.  That annoyed me to no end since, in my opinion, X was an improvement in every way over classic. :(

Please Capcom.... You've been doing so well lately.  Give me MMX9. :crying:

Trust me.  You don't want it.  I don't know about you, but I gave up on the X series when they introduced Axl.

Mega Man in general and MGS are good runners up, but it'll always be Final Fantasy for me.  Even with the games I don't like, the first 12(excluding XI) have provided me with so many hours of memories that I don't think much of anything else even comes close.  

If it weren't for FF, I don't think I'd have ever got as hardcore into JRPG's as I have.

Well Mega Man 9, 10 and 11 turned out okay after the dumpster fire that was 8. 

Maybe an X reboot of sorts wouldn't be so bad after the mess X7 was...(heard X8 was okay, but I never played it)

1 hour ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

Trust me.  You don't want it.  I don't know about you, but I gave up on the X series when they introduced Axl.

Mega Man in general and MGS are good runners up, but it'll always be Final Fantasy for me.  Even with the games I don't like, the first 12(excluding XI) have provided me with so many hours of memories that I don't think much of anything else even comes close.  

If it weren't for FF, I don't think I'd have ever got as hardcore into JRPG's as I have.

They only made 1 more game after that and it was actually good.  Megaman X7 is one of the worst games I've ever played and actually the first and probably only time I RETURNED a game.  Bought at Gamestop, went home, played for a bit, holy fuck what is this it's awful, took it back and got MMX8 instead.  MMX8 was fucking great.  Also the Zero and ZX games were fantastic. :thumbs:

1 hour ago, Eizan said:

Well Mega Man 9, 10 and 11 turned out okay after the dumpster fire that was 8. 

Maybe an X reboot of sorts wouldn't be so bad after the mess X7 was...(heard X8 was okay, but I never played it)

See above. :rotfl:

Thinking back to the classics, Contra has always been a favourite of mine. Super C is one of my all-time top games. 

The Legend of Zelda series by a pretty wide margin. I have played almost all of the games in the series and really only disliked 2 of them: Skyward Sword and Spirit Tracks. 

OoT and MM are pretty big stand outs as the Zelda games I have logged the most hours into and have the biggest attachment to. Though BOTW is tailing right behind them.