Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Anelle

How do you like to decorate your home?

Growing up I was never really allowed much choice in how I decorated my room, so it's taken me well into my adulthood to really start making my space my own...and even then it's minimal. ONE STEP AT A TIME

Tonight a friend gifted me a Sesame the opossum prayer candle after remembering me saying I wanted it, so it's on the mantle in place of honor with some other knick knacks. When we first bought our house a friend gifted us some Grumpy Cat figurines, and I treated myself to the "Beet Poot" although the sombrero was another gift.

57088277_10107409088344635_2490454834038

Aside from that, we have a couple of paintings hung, as well as a wooden fish carved by a cousin of Lee's and a clock we were gifted but that's it. Other decor stuff is on shelves but not really on display if that makes sense (it's too cluttered for pics right now lol)

I have some things I'd like to do, and I have some art I want to frame and hang but haven't quite pulled the trigger yet. I've also been collecting Nendoroids after a friend got me started on that and I really want to get a good display case for them.... so far only 2 are out and they're on a shelf hiiiigh up so the cats won't steal parts, the rest are still new in box and just... WAITING ON ME

Ninja edit to add I absolutely have some Jane art on the mantle ❤️❤️ 

So, what do you like to decorate with? Show off if you'd like! Do you enjoy decorating your space or do you like prefab type looks?

• Like 1

I'm a terrible procrastinator so I still don't have much decorating up, but I like having lots of individual pieces that have meaning to me! I have a Jane print in my kitchen, and my mantle in the living room has a video game statue, photos of Mum and Kissy, and a home-made clay statue that Mum made for me of our horse Baron. :loved:

• Like 1

My home decoration style is pretty much "attempt to find enough space for ALL THE BOOKS"

Then M. collects comics art so that's the rest of our wallspace claimed...

Though we also do have a lot of Persian/Oriental rugs, which we both like, and M's dad happened to have quite a few he wasn't using in his own house because of some circumstance I don't really know (both M and his dad are kind of... let's say "collectors" of things.). Anyway, FIL handed a bunch down to us & now our living room kind of looks like a rug dealership. 

• Like 4

With past room mates it was hard to decorate how I wanted beyond my bedroom because of clashing of tastes and use of shared spaces. With the current roomie he gives no fucks but I try to make sure he knows he can put out his stuff as well. He still gives no fucks but he at least knows he can do that and has some few things out in the shared spaces. Which are his gamer trophies and one or two of his pixel art framed.

Most of you know me or might remember me being a medieval nerd. So naturally that's gonna show Weapons, furs, antler pieces.  And for those who've seen my occasional pic uploads on FB have seen what I like to do. I love decorating for the seasons so I have totes specifically for fall decor, halloween decor, winter/xmas decor. Slowly starting to work on spring decor.

Then there's:

-ALL THE BOOKS AND MANGA
-DVDS
-Fantasy/Fan art/slightly pagan framed artwork I've bought at comicons and other events
- I actually made a banner to stitch and show off all the site tokens I got at my medieval events since they're different every year
- I have another banner I made to hang all the enamel pins and buttons I have
- A few Funko pops (mostly Groot ones)

Furniture ranges differently in styles from what I get at IKEA or thrift stores. XD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olly said:

Then M. collects comics art so that's the rest of our wallspace claimed...

@Olly WHY IS M NOT POSTING HERE YET.  I love him. :crying:

My decorating style is modern furniture and such whenever possible and affordable....not going to fucking Copenhagen to buy a 1000 dollar desk :rotfl: but instead Ikea!   I do like wood mixed in with that stuff.

For the walls, vintage comics.  The vintage stuff looks a lot classier.  I've got some pictures on the wall of my den.  I'll clean up and take pictures of the room.  There are a LOT of comic books so also the other thing you said...A PLACE FOR ALL THE BOOKS!!!

• Like 1

We live ensconced in books and also surrounded by taxidermy. From where I'm sitting right now I see abt. 200 books, and 4 dead animals. 5 if you count the vertebra we found at the beach. We assume it's a marine mammal but you never know, it might be from a dude.

So; Imagine the Addams Family live in a crumbling Georgian terrace.

• Like 1

That is quite nice. :nod:

I dream of having a "Beauty and the Beast" type room for a library. With a reading nook, And maybe a second bed for those moments when I pass out asleep. One day.

• Like 1

Shit yeah I want a big window seat to sleep in and a million books and the ability to change the weather to suit my reading moods

• Like 2

at the moment a couple of cat toys

• ROFL 2

Our house's wall decoractions are currently an assortment of kids pictures, dragon paintings, paintings and statues of Daedric Princes from Elder Scrolls, and Spider-man stuff. XD

Also piles of books clogging our hallway because our bookshelf got waterlogged and moldy. :( 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mera'din said:

and Spider-man stuff. XD

tenor.gif?itemid=5719761

This is probably one of the favorite parts of my living room. This fits in between two of my huge bookshelves. The cabinet that this rests on top of is my board game cabinet. This constantly changes when I decorate for the seasons. This is how it looks currently.

WP_20190408_006[1].jpg

WP_20190408_005[1].jpg

• Like 3

We had less mead in the house when we were brewing mead. That's a lot of mead.

• ROFL 3

Indeed. But then this is over years of collecting since Oppegaard been open. I kept a bottle of each flavor they've done. (Minus the limited flavor bottles that have their logo on them). I think if I remember I started doing it on the idea that the brewer had of making a wooden ship to have the bottles line up on the sides just like how a lot of people dictate how viking ships were. Each shield on the bottle as designed by him and he even has those same shields up and decorating his tasting room. I dunno I just like how this looks when we moved to our current place.

Yea basically. :rotfl: Odin would approve

• Like 1