• Avengers: Infinity War
  2. 2. 62

• Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    • Spider-Man: Homecoming

FINAL FOUR

The Dark Knight vs Avengers: Infinity War

Captain America: The Winter Soldier vs Spider-Man: Homecoming

This is a toughie.  Fuckin A.

Dark Knight and Winter Soldier.  Two of the best imo.

IW beats TDK for me. TDK only shines because of the Joker, but IW has a great deal more heart and character in the overall movie. 

Only shines because of the Joker?  He's the entire focus of the movie. Harvey Dent was also a fucking incredible and important part of the movie.  Everything about that movie was just so...fucking good.  IW was good but TDK is just better. People that don't even like comic shit tend to like TDK (like Xylus). :P

I've been thinking about it all day. 

I specifically love the Joker scenes in TDK. Outside of that it's kind of drawn out. I've probably watched TDK start to finish about twice but I've watched various Joker scenes on YouTube dozens of times. 

On the other hand, Infinity War has been out less than a year and I've watched it more times in completion than I have with TDK in 11 years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webhead said:

Only shines because of the Joker?  He's the entire focus of the movie. Harvey Dent was also a fucking incredible and important part of the movie.  Everything about that movie was just so...fucking good.  IW was good but TDK is just better. People that don't even like comic shit tend to like TDK (like Xylus). :P

I'm gonna say it, and I hate to say it: TDK is overrated. The only good thing about it is the joker.

Joker is overrated.  That's the truth.  Harvey Dent is the true star.

I'm sick of The Dark Knight.  I'll probably never watch it again of my own choice.  But I can never deny what an excellent movie it is.  And for me, it just barely beats out Infinity War.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psycho666soldier said:

Joker is overrated.  That's the truth.  Harvey Dent is the true star.

I'm sick of The Dark Knight.  I'll probably never watch it again of my own choice.  But I can never deny what an excellent movie it is.  And for me, it just barely beats out Infinity War.

I saw Dark Knight twice and I really didn't need to see it the 2nd time.  Once was enough.  Some movies you don't need to watch multiple times.  Still, it's probably the best comic book movie I've seen--I can think of only one other movie that competes for that title (Spiderman 2).  

I'm not sure if you're joking about the Joker, but I beg to differ.  I think it's the best performance I've ever seen in a movie.

• Like 2

I started reading your post and was like "WHAT?  I know he loved this movie!!!" and then I was like "oh yeah there we go." :rotfl:

• Like 1

Heath Ledger's Joker is one of the finest performances put to film.

I can agree that the BATMAN aspects of the Batman film maybe aren't that great, or that the movie takes a downturn in quality when Harvey Dent becomes the focus, but still.... The Joker vs Infinity War is not even a contest. The best of Marvel can't hold a candle to The Joker, and when we talk about drops in quality you really think Quill's jealous jibes at Thor or the side mission with the giant dwarf are gonna hold up over repeated viewings? Shoehorning in the Red Skull? The opening disregarding Ragnarok entirely? The Hulk doing fuck all? Come on.

• Like 1

I do think those will hold up but that doesn't mean TDK isn't better still. :lol:

I don't get why everyone thinks the movie went down in quality for the focus on Harvey Dent though. :ponder:

57 minutes ago, Garlic Junior said:

Shoehorning in the Red Skull? 

I don't see how that was him being shoehorned in. I thought it was a totally cool reveal, definitely something I didn't see coming.

• Like 1

Made sense to me.  My thinking is that because he died a certain way (basically being sucked into nothingness) via an infinity stone, he kind of appeared on the other end in the soul stone.

1 hour ago, webhead said:

I do think those will hold up but that doesn't mean TDK isn't better still. :lol:

I don't get why everyone thinks the movie went down in quality for the focus on Harvey Dent though. :ponder:

It wasn't a huge nosedive or anything, I think it just depends who you got invested in. I was all-in on Joker v Batman and didn't really care too much about Harvey/Rachel/Bruce and tbh felt that Harvey was going to become Two Face in the next film. When the focus shifted more to him I just didn't care so much.

But if you were into Harvey's story from the start you probably didn't notice any change.

I'm Team Harvey on The Dark Knight. I was way more interested in that stuff just because that actually had a story instead of being lulzy Joker randomness (also I got sick of "Why so serious" being a meme really quickly, that definitely plays into it :uhoh: )

Heath Ledger dying, and maybe partially from how dark that performance was, led to people overrating it. If he was still alive, it'd probably be "the best Joker performance" instead of "one of the GOAT movie performances of all time."

At some point I'm gonna watch for the first time/rewatch most of the major comic movies so maybe my opinion will change.

• Like 1

@Nairn Smoith Why Spider-Man over Winter Soldier?  Definitely see you enjoying Winter Soldier more than most comic movies.  Soft spot for Spidey? :love:

15 minutes ago, webhead said:

@Nairn Smoith Why Spider-Man over Winter Soldier?  Definitely see you enjoying Winter Soldier more than most comic movies.  Soft spot for Spidey? :love:

I haven’t seen Winter Soldier yet. 

My all-time favorite comic book movie scene is when Peter stops the train. Then he faints from overexertion and his fellow citizens raise him up and lay him down. Then promise to keep his identity secret, oh god :crying:

Yes.  Instead that got beaten by the Ninja Turtles movie. :cookie3:

That scene is one of the most tear jerking hero moments in the history of comic movies.  Damn near gets me every time.

You should definitely see Winter Soldier though.  I think you'd like it.  Maybe when you guys finally visit. :xd: