Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Kraven The Hunter (2023)

Meh, i was never a fan of the character. I will probably watch it since there's not a lot of other stuff that's any better. (Of course his dad played by Russel Crow lol)

Russell Crowe needs a better agent to work out these Marvel deals because holy shit is he wasted in these roles he's been in.

I'll watch it, just not in theaters. Kraven without the spider-man connection and re-imagined as an anti-hero is a big sell.

• Like 1

I don't know how they managed, but this trailer somehow made me even less interested in this movie. Sony needs to give up with these weird "Spider-Man villain, but without Spider-Man and being a sort of good guy!" movies they keep doing. Someone sold their soul and somehow managed to make Venom work. The rest of these just... do not seem like they'll end well.

At least this has a chance of being more entertaining than Morbius, I guess? :uhoh:

I can't wait for the inevitable fast food tie in, so they can have some sort of "craving" pun.

4 hours ago, Mera'din said:

At least this has a chance of being more entertaining than Morbius, I guess? :uhoh:

Don't test that out in the universe.

I don't think it's possible for another movie to hit such a prestigious level of bad that it manages to get meme'd back into the theaters and even got the main actor from the movie to poke fun at it (especially one that seems a bit touchy about his work otherwise).

Though I don't think it's possible, I want to clarify that I am absolutely here for it to happen again regardless. I DARE the universe to do it again, if we're being honest. :rotfl: 

• ROFL 2

11 hours ago, Mera'din said:

I don't know how they managed, but this trailer somehow made me even less interested in this movie. Sony needs to give up with these weird "Spider-Man villain, but without Spider-Man and being a sort of good guy!" movies they keep doing. Someone sold their soul and somehow managed to make Venom work. The rest of these just... do not seem like they'll end well.

At least Morbius being more heroic makes some kinda sense as he isn't really a villain in the comics. Kraven is a cold heartless killer with an adrenaline addiction. Nothing about that says "heroic"

• Like 3

I still haven't watched Morbius, I wonder if I should even bother. Maybe i'll wait for a Rifftrax version or something.

It has few to no redeeming qualities, honestly. Not to mention the super forced Spider-Man tie-ins (to all 3 versions, technically), at least one of which even the director didn't know was put in I recall reading. :rip: 

I think this and Spider Man 2 release around the same time? 

Might feel awkward to watch the movie and then play the game and see an entirely different character. 

16 hours ago, MT said:

I still haven't watched Morbius, I wonder if I should even bother. Maybe i'll wait for a Rifftrax version or something.

If you find a Rixxtrax version I will totes do a watch party with you because that is probably the only way I'd watch it XD

I'm not going to watch this, it's trash.  They need to stop making this trash and just let Marvel do it.  I haven't watched Morbius, Venom 2 was meh, this will be probably better than Morbius but still garbage.  Then we'll have a fucking Madam Webb movie after that because....I honestly cannot believe they're actually still making these things.  Why?  They can't possibly be making money on them. :rip: 

10 hours ago, webhead said:

I'm not going to watch this, it's trash.  They need to stop making this trash and just let Marvel do it.  I haven't watched Morbius, Venom 2 was meh, this will be probably better than Morbius but still garbage.  Then we'll have a fucking Madam Webb movie after that because....I honestly cannot believe they're actually still making these things.  Why?  They can't possibly be making money on them. :rip: 

Man venom 2 was suuuuuch a missed opportunity for something great. They had a solid cast for it.