Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
webhead

[TV General]

Figured this topic could be for general TV stuff that doesn't get enough wanting m activity to warrant it's own topic.

News came down today, Supernatural is done after Season 15.

I am sad.  I honestly fucking love this show.  Still it had to happen some time.  That show is so deliciously self aware and the stars are just so god damn fun.  Curious to see what everyone does next but also how the hell they're going to end this thing.

I really loved the first 9 seasons. From 10 on tho.... Well, let's just say season 9 shoulda beeb the series finale. 

Last few seasons have been fun.  Show has been very uneven since Season 5 but I still mostly liked it.

Who can forget the Rise of Dick? :rotfl:

I've loved every season. I'm hoping that with the show ending that both of them can be more heavily considered for MCU roles since they will have more availability.

How awesome though if they got Jensen Ackles to play Red Hood for a Batman movie? :shiny:

I just finished a two-year weekly watch of Babylon 5 (someone else was rewatching it so I jumped on board because I missed that one back in the day).

Shit was pretty good in some ways, and definitely shows its age in others, and you could see how DS9 lifted some of its concept from it (even down to the highly entertaining antagonistic frenemy/bromance thing with Londo and G'Kar, though very different from Odo and Quark). DS9 was ahead of its time, B5 was of its time. DS9 wove in social issues to go with the political, B5 mostly kept it political. DS9 seemed to have a larger plan but seemed scattershot in how they got there, B5 was intricately planned and executed to the point where even extenuating backstage circumstances and cast changeover that changed the storyline felt like it was planned that way. The episodes where all those plot threads finally unraveled were pretty awesome. I think it could've been better if cut down from 22 episodes to 15ish but it's also the '90s so it's harder to hold that against it.

Season 5 of B5 felt like a big waste of time though, I guess J. Michael Strackjasfkjasfasfjkaski had planned it to be 5 season but they didn't know if they were getting the 5th, so they wrapped up the major storylines in the 4th, got the 5th later and then kind of just set up a bunch of new adversaries and future storylines that we never got to see play out. And unlike DS9 where the characters maintained or increased their likeability over time, a decent amount of the main cast had become unlikeable through their actions (half the time it felt like if you weren't in the room with them knowing they had good intentions, you would look at just their actions and think they were the villains).

A lot of B5 really reminded me of how Mass Effect's universe was set up. There's way too many coincidences for it to not have heavily influenced it.

It's a 3.75/5 series, maybe a 4 discounting the 5th season.

On 3/23/2019 at 11:19 AM, Galeigh said:

I really loved the first 9 seasons. From 10 on tho.... Well, let's just say season 9 shoulda beeb the series finale. 

I think I lasted just before then. I lost track after Bobby's ghost. That show needed to die.

You either love the show for what it is or expect something else and hate it.  There's a certain point where I realized it was just fucking fun to watch the show.  They finished the "real" story with Season 5 and it's just hijinks after that.  You gotta have fun with it.  Sam and Dean are probably the 2 funnest people to watch on TV.  Seriously.  Even the bad seasons, I just enjoy the show for what it is.

• Like 1

I think the only show I have watched straight through with that many seasons was NCIS. I agree that there are a few scattered episodes after where I left off that are fun. Cas/Misha Collins is a gem. But overall yea I can't. I just can't.

Also tell me how you feel about the series finale of Dexter when you get there.

How the hell did I miss watching Deadly Class when it came out in 2018?? This show's kickass!

Eyyy! Been look forward to S2 of OH. Stoked to see another season afterwards.

Seriouslly! And I'm down for it being an almost hr long eps mini series for S3 it looks like.