Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles vs Spider-Man 2

Spider-Man vs Iron Man 3

Blade 2 vs Iron Man

Avengers vs Spider-Man Homecoming

X2: X-Men United vs Kingsman: The Secret Service

Venom vs Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1

Men in Black vs X-Men: Apocalypse

Captain America: Civil War vs Batman Returns

Apparently Hime is my doppleganger on this one.  Finished voting and only saw 1 bar for each question. :rotfl:

Also fuck.  There are a lot of difficult ones in here. :crying:

• Batman Returns was so fucking good but Captain America Civil War is one of the best MCU movies.
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie???  FUCK.  It's against quite honestly the best Spider-Man movie ever made.  FUCK. :sad:
  • Avengers vs Spider-Man Homecoming...god damn it.  Avengers was so like...groundbreaking at the time but Homecoming is just a better movie in general imo.
  • X-Men 2 vs the first Kingsmen...fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.  Probably, again, the BEST X-Men movie potentially (First Class gives it a run for its money and the first X-Men was also VERY groundbreaking).  Kingsmen came out of left field and was fucking incredible.  Hilarious.  God damn it. ><
  • Like 1

Well this one is a bit of a roller coaster. A few made me hesitate and others were easy AF. The big one though was probably Blade 2 v Iron Man. I gave it to Blade 2 cause that was the peak of that series, and despite what it started the first Iron Man was just... Good. 

First Iron Man was fantastic.  The Blade movies honestly...are alright.  They never really did it for me.  I watched them all with Jovanna recently and they were just not THAT awesome.  They weren't bad though.  It would be interesting to see them continue again with all the advances we've seen with comic movies. :nod:

Some motherfuckers always trying to ice skate uphill.

• Like 1

I am fully aware it's not a popular opinion, and I ain't gonna fight that battle. Just explaining my vote. 

I voted for Blade 2. It was and is still one of my favorite movies. Plus, it's a Guillermo Del Toro movie. It also has Donnie Yen, Ron Perlman, Norman Reedus and a few others. 

• Like 1

Turtles over Spider-Man 2?  I am genuinely shocked by this. :blink:

Says the guy with the Ninja Turtles banner...but a Spider-Man nickname.  I am clearly torn still. :umyeah:

1990 TMNT was flat out a better movie than Spider-man 2. The only interesting thing in SM2 was the dynamic between peter and otto. Everything else was average at best. 

In TMNT tho, you had an entire cast of characters who all got development time instead of just 2.

TMNT also aged better. A lot better. 

5 minutes ago, Galeigh said:

1990 TMNT was flat out a better movie than Spider-man 2. The only interesting thing in SM2 was the dynamic between peter and otto. Everything else was average at best. 

In TMNT tho, you had an entire cast of characters who all got development time instead of just 2.

https://screenrant.com/why-spider-man-2-still-best-superhero-movie/

I disagree.  I think this article hits most of the points (I can find lots talking about why Spider-Man 2 is amazing :P).  TMNT was also a great movie but calling Spider-Man 2 average at best is silly.

Spider-Man 2 is a really good movie, but it's overrated as fuck. 

Also why do you say TMNT aged BETTER than Spider-Man 2.  In what way?  What makes you say that?  I've watched both of them recently and TMNT is a VERY dated movie.

The practical effects in TMNT blend better than that sweet early 2000s rubber man cgi. 

I give TMNT props for sticking a lot closer to the OG storyline, and also TMNT was my original and major 1980s/early '90s cartoon obsession. I probably would take Spider-Man 2 over most other of these other movies.

Blade 2 vs Iron Man was toughhhhhh. Took Iron Man because I expected less out of it and it overdelivered (seriously, go back to before the MCU was popular, if you could pick any comic book superhero to launch a multi-billion dollar movie franchise with, would he have ever crossed your mind?), whereas Blade 2 was a great sequel to something that already set a really good standard (if it's Blade 1 vs Iron Man, now we have problems...)

• Like 1

Yeah. I'm still convinced those are real turtles.

I will give you that.  The Turtles themselves do look better than the CGI we have even in the early 2000s.  There's still plenty of hokey shit in the movie but not as much as there could have been.  The movie was pretty dark for what was considered a kids thing.

Beyond that TMNT was better directed (I still love you Raimi) and written. You could feel the tonal shifts after Splinter is kidnapped. It was a beautiful story transition. Giving depth to what could have easily been a 1 note movie about revenge. 

Had I realized it was the original TMNT, I might have voted differently.  But Spider-Man 2 is incredible.  Also voted Blade 2.  Kinda surprised Homecoming beat out Avengers.

Unfortunate draw for Venom.  I really liked that movie, but it has nothing on Guardians.