Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
h2ojunkie

[21/03/01] Totally Weekly Gaming Thread

Loop Hero full game released today. Only played on my lunch break. It has way more than the demo. 

• Shiny 1

Been talking Pokemon with some people and it gave me the itch to finally go and play Ruby/Sapphire.  Then said people convinced me to get Alpha Sapphire instead.

40 hours and 6 gym badges later...

• Like 1

I put a few hours into OlliOlli last week, grabbed it when the Switch version was on sale. It's still fun but doesn't hold my attention very long I guess. I've been wanting to find a new game to play but I also don't want to spend much money. Time to take another look at the eShop now...

Been playing a lot of Super Mario Bros 35 lately, it's a lot of fun.

• Like 1

Put a lot of hours into Bravely Default 2 so far, it's really been fun and I'm still barely into the story because my dumbshit ADHD ass had the idea of "well i'll just max out these jobs to get perks real quick"

FIVE HOURS OF GRINDING LATER I ENTER CHAPTER 1.

It took me years to buy and play Bravely Second after it came out even though I was super hyped for it. Once I got it, I played it slow and really savored it. It will probably take me a while to get Bravely Default II as well. I don't want to pay full price. Very excited to play it someday though. 

I never got through much of Bravely Second for the absolute dumbest reason. I kept the English voices on and felt COMPELLED to listen to every line all the way through. It became too time consuming for me to get much progress and I just dropped it and forgot about it. 

This time I switched to Japanese voices because I'm like YEAH OK I GET THE TONE AND GIST but sometimes I wait for them to say more and they REALLY REALLY pad the English text holy shit

:rotfl:

I mostly just mash the buttons through RPG dialog until it goes away and I can get along with the gameplay :lurk: I read enough to get the gist of the story, but just the bare minimum. Crystals, save the world, yep OK, off we go now! :lolgrin:

Yeah I dunno what it is about it but I get this weird compulsion to listen to the English lines instead of just quickly reading enough to get on with it. With another language on or when there's no full voice acting it's easier for me to just sail through. In the case of Bravely Default II the English voices IMMEDIATELY pissed me off and I switched them as quickly as possible. I just fuckin' hated them. 

Squeenix has a Spring Sale on the eShop right now. Most of the prices aren't great, but I impulse bought the FF7 port for ~$10. Gonna start playing tonight! It's been a looooooong time...

Just got out of Midgar earlier today. I thought that first part of the game was longer... guess it's just my memory playing tricks on me. It was pretty quick. I'm trying to use characters I never used much in my original play throughs, so I'm rolling with Tifa and Red right now (along with Cloud of course). Tifa probably gets the boot in favour of Cait Sith once he joins the party. 

I don't think I actually like this game as much as I used to think I did, but it's not so bad that I will stop playing... I don't think :lurk:

I have now arrived at the Golden Saucer. I'm kicking myself a little bit because I just realized I missed the second Enemy Skill materia in Junon. Hopefully it's still there waiting for me when I go back to the Junon area after I get the Buggy. Gotta go on a little Enemy Skill learning spree.

Jumping back and forth between Shadow of the Colossus :ps3: Hard Mode Time Attack (makes me mega-mad) and Dirt 3 :ps3: (very relaxing). Haven't really played a rally racer before but it's p. fun

I gotta get back on FF7... haven't played since last week.  I'm at Nibelheim, so I don't think I'm too far away from the end of disc 1. I wasn't planning on doing many of the sidequests, or recruiting Yuffie or Vincent, but I think I need to do the Shinra Mansion sidequest to get Red's final limit break. Maybe I'll have a go at it tonight.

12 hours ago, little birdy said:

I gotta get back on FF7... haven't played since last week.  I'm at Nibelheim, so I don't think I'm too far away from the end of disc 1. I wasn't planning on doing many of the sidequests, or recruiting Yuffie or Vincent, but I think I need to do the Shinra Mansion sidequest to get Red's final limit break. Maybe I'll have a go at it tonight.

You do, and Yuffie is necessary if you want to get all the summons/Master Summon materia.

If you're not worried about that, then it's just Vincent.  In fact, you don't actually have to get Vincent.  You just have to beat the boss that allows you to go find Vincent in the basement.

Still been playing Alpha Sapphire.  I'm like 90 something hours in and I'm the League Champion.  I'm finishing Delta Episode to get Rayquaza and then filling out the rest of the Hoenn Pokedex before I probably call it quits.  I might fuck around in the Johto region to grind levels for the Pokemon I need to evolve.

Been playing a lot of Binding of Isaac now that the final DLC is out! I am terrible at it :jumboshiny:

1 hour ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

You do, and Yuffie is necessary if you want to get all the summons/Master Summon materia.

If you're not worried about that, then it's just Vincent.  In fact, you don't actually have to get Vincent.  You just have to beat the boss that allows you to go find Vincent in the basement.

I don't really plan to use much summon materia so I'm good without Yuffie. I thought about recruiting her anyway just for the free Throw materia, but IIRC Throw is not as overpowered in FF7 as it is in some other classic FF games. Probably just a waste of time. And now that you mention it, yes I guess I just have to beat Lost Number and then move along without Vincent. That'll do. 

Beat Colossus 15 in Hard Mode Time Attack. 15 and 3 are the ones who seem to stop people from beating them all, so if I can knock off 3 then I'll feel better about the chance to Platinum the game (though there was still 2 or 3 other Colossi that I remember having problems with)

3 is definitely the one that made me nope the fuck out of getting the Platinum. Wasn't even because I couldn't do it, as I was able to do them all back on the PS2. However, they completely fucked the grip controls on PS3 (not sure how they are on the PS4 version), and it made it feel nearly impossible to get him without basically a perfect run and I rage quit after like 3 hours straight of failing because of something that wasn't my fault. >_<

• Sad 1

Apparently in the PS4 version, there's a glitch where you can just pop the Hard Time Attack trophy (actually the item rewards that in turn pop the trophy) without actually doing it, and it was never patched out

UPDATE: I still haven't done it, but I've gotten close to the point where I know it's do-able. I've gotten so used to pause-restarting that I've even done it on a few successful jumps on accident

• Like 1

I've been going through Doom 64 a level at a time or so. Turns out Doom is a fun game, who knew?