Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Spring Anime 2021

I'm still about halfway through my catch up.  Binged for a hot minute then took a break as school started ramping up.  I think I'm still around episode 23.

The last season-ish of Digimon has been kinda boring, felt like a lot of filler episodes or just meandering around hoping to bump into whatever it is they're looking for.

Yeah we watched 4 episodes between yesterday and today, and they were all variations on the same theme. Everything since they saved Hikari and her Digimon has been pretty  filler-y. Bump into Digimon in distress along the team’s travels, gotta save the poor things, uh-oh the bad guy is tough can they beat it?, yup of course they can. I hope it gets back on track and they encounter the real bad guys again soon. 

86 — This show is getting more interesting with the developments in this week’s episode. Nicely put together too (timing of the opening, transition into the ending song, etc.). I’m happy to keep watching. 

Between Furuba and To Your Eternity apparently today is "LETS MAKE TASSI CRY FROM ALL THE FEELS DAY"  😭😭😭

Spoiler

NOT MARCH! EHY DO YOU HAVE TO KILL OFF THE HAPPY KIDS?!?!? 

Super Cub #6 -- Not the strongest episode in the series thus far, but there were some great moments anyhow.

Just you wait, Mt. Fuji, she's comin' for you some day!

TWEWY

Spoiler

I should be surprised that jerkface is still alive and yet playing the Reaper's game but who wants to bet he piggy backed on Neku to get in which is why he killed him? 🤔

Shadows House

Spoiler

Yay Rum! Get that confidence!

I wonder if each of the Nobles have their own unique ability with soot like Kate? Or if it's ones that are developed over time that brings them up in status?

Watch as Emilico has most of the Shadows carried in that wagon by the end of the test.

Vinyl

Spoiler

Totally knew that Antonio was going to be revealed as to why Ophelia "killed herself"

Shadows House

They trying to rig it against Kate and Emilico, but you know they'll find a way to get through it. Should be good. I pretty much always enjoy an overcoming-adversity story

Vivy -- I was a bit down on the episode last week, but they dialed it back up again this week! :shiny: 

Digimon 48

Eyyyyyy, now things are finally happening again

We got up to episode 45 this weekend... so we should be caught up by next weekend. Many of the episodes we watched while getting caught up have been kinda bad, but the one with the King of Digimon (Entertainment! Muscles!, etc.) kicked it up a notch from bad to so-bad-it's-good :rotfl: 

TWEWY

I did remember what was up with Joshua :)

Was a big fan of Minamimoto's psycho-math major deal too, I love that he may be fucking up the actual game rules and world too

• Like 1

Dragon Quest Dai No Daibokan

Just finished the Baran arc, '90s shonen as fuck and OG Dragon Ball as fuck :jumboshiny:

Shaman King 8 :blink:

Spoiler

While it's neat that you actually get to see evidence of Manta's family and the pace rhey're going at here for Yoh's new training......

Wtf! Tamao's tanking ghost is not only more accurate of the spirit with the giant ball-sac, BUT THEN WRAPS MANTA UP IN THEM WHEN ATTACKING :rotfl: That wasn't in the original!!!

Super Cub

5 hours ago, little birdy said:

Super Cub

that's it, that's the post

I haven't posted thoughts on stuff lately because I've barely been able to function but I'm still watching stuff I dunno

1 hour ago, Anelle said:

that's it, that's the post

It’s super :thumbs:

Dynazenon #8 — Pretty random episode this week but I really liked it. Gauma’s reactions to everybody trying Instance Domination on the weird little kaiju :rotfl:

TWEWY

Spoiler

Dude.....A THIRD TIME?!?!? And what did he take for Neku's entry!?!?!

Nomad: Megalo Box been heating the fuck back up :shiny:

Vivy was really good again this week. Exciting fight scene! And I’m quite enjoying the music in this show. 

The latest episode of Shadows House was a bit forgettable to me. I’m kinda losing interest in this maze challenge thing. 

TWEWY and 86 are on the watching schedule for tonight. There’s been so much basketball to watch this week, it’s hard to find time to watch all the new anime episodes and all the hoops (and then there are Blue Jays games too!) :sigh:

Vivy

YESSSSSSSSS those actions scenes HNNNNNNNG I love this show

Shadows House

I'm surprised they dragged these scenes out into a full episode like this. It really was not a strong episode, but if they get back on track this story does pick up. I honestly figured they'd cut down the moments from this ep since they dragged a bit in the manga but GOES TO SHOW WHAT I FUCKIN' KNOW

Also I was SUPER annoyed at the translation for the ending theme. I dunno if this is the first time it's cropped up and I just haven't noticed before but I fucking HATE when they try to make translations fit an english rhyming scheme. I think that song's a bop and they done butchered it

• Like 1

SH:

So far I have been enjoying how The Debut has been going. They may have had a reason for extending it out depending on how the next ep goes. But then we can only hope it doesn't turn into another Promised Neverland fuckup. 😕

TWEWY was really good this week. Boss battle was pretty rad! Would have been nice to make it a bit longer though. 

86 ended on a rather depressing note this week :( 

We watched Digimon 46 and 47 this morning. The last few episodes have been a bit stronger and it looks like it gets better yet starting at episode 48. Should be fun!

Super Cub 7

I like how they've become too-cool-for-school delinquents with their coloured jackets and riding their motorbikes

Super Cub — Shii’s got a rad bicycle :love2: First the Cubs, note that bike. This show has it all! Handlebar covers are indeed lame, but nothing is worse than trying to ride with freezing fingers. They made the right choice :thumbs:

Super Cub 8

- They look like they're bullying Shii by following her with their motorbikes while she's just regular bicycling

- Reiko slobbering over a pistol because she wants to go full Kino no Tabi

>"Italian clowns"
OI!

You know you've gone full adult when "Ugh, those things are so uncool" stops mattering because they're functional and comfortable.

I was :lol:'ing at the "Italian clowns!" remark.

SSSS.Dynazenon #9 -- This episode was fuckin' rad. 5 stars.

- Goldburn is a pretty terrible name, but he's cool so I'm good with the dumb name
- Futaba (the ex-boyfriend) is a colossal d-bag :ugh: 
- The combination of Dynazenon, Goldburn, and Gridknight, absolutely fantastic stuff! And then the fireworks going off after the battle
- Minami during the credits :love2:

I think all we were missing was a good shot of Mujina :love2:

Dynazenon sure getting tricked out

What a day for mecha. Back Arrow #21 was great. Finally my guy Bit gets to shine :shiny: Interesting twist at the end of the episode too. Only 3 more episodes left!

Latest episode of TWEWY was solid too. Great day for new anime episodes :nod:

Glad to have Beat back on board!

• Like 1

Vivy #10 - Not exactly an action packed episode, but I thought it was beautiful. Shit hits the fan next week though :uhoh: :nailbiting2:

TWEWY

Spoiler

Yay!! Beat's back!!

Vinyl

Spoiler

I already had a feeling that Osamu was the professor that creates Matsuumoto for the singularly project mission. But fuck I shoulda seen it coming that his last name was Matsumoto 🤣

Shadows House

Spoiler

Ooh Lou notices differences in the masters. I wonder if that means they also have different abilities with soot itself?

Damn Emilico was clever af with that cart. 

Rum.....:puppyeyes:

Oh shit the cage

Wait.......WAIT WHY DOES EDWARD COLLECT SOOT?!?!

Shadows House has been losing me throughout the last couple episodes, but the twist at the end this week’s episode roped me in again. Very curious to learn more about Edward. 

86 is pretty damn grim :(

Eden finally dropped on Netflix and I'm starting ep 2. So far it's cute. 

I think Odd Taxi is officially the show I look forward to the most every week now. Vivy and Super Cub are up there near the top of the list too though. Gonna watch the new episode of Super Cub in a few minutes. 

Super Cub #9

I’ll take some of that grappa too please!

These girls are a bit too pragmatic for high schoolers. First the handlebar covers, now windshields..?

This episode was fantastic though. This show is a thing of beauty in general. Can’t get enough. 

Shii is a fun addition, but I think I’d still be happy with just Koguma and Reiko without any other secondary characters

I think the only thing that would've made Super Cub 9 better is if what was cold outside IRL right now, that episode would've been even more comfy as fuck

TFW you want someone to buy Shii a cub

SSSS Dynazenon 10

They could've used that for the last episode, god damn

Spooky as fuck Kaiju, the rattling roar and then turning everyone and every thing into nuke-blast shadows

Kano's fall actually was an accident, just being an edgy teenager.

Knight flashing back to SSSS Gridman

Gauma and Koyomi both wanting their waifus (maybe don't go with the psychopath thrillseeker waifu though, Koyomi)

They animation quality took a hit but I did like how they kind of disguised by just using it in an episode where everyone was having awkward mindscape flashbacks anyways

TWEWY 9

Remembered that too, Rhyme wanted to be like her Aniki but the entry fee stole her memory of BITO ;_;

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

SSSS Dynazenon 10

They could've used that for the last episode, god damn

Reveal hidden contents

Spooky as fuck Kaiju, the rattling roar and then turning everyone and every thing into nuke-blast shadows

Kano's fall actually was an accident, just being an edgy teenager.

Knight flashing back to SSSS Gridman

Gauma and Koyomi both wanting their waifus (maybe don't go with the psychopath thrillseeker waifu though, Koyomi)

They animation quality took a hit but I did like how they kind of disguised by just using it in an episode where everyone was having awkward mindscape flashbacks anyways

This episode was awesome stuff. Definitely one of the best episodes of any show this season for me :thumbs:

Digimon 51

GUYS DON'T TRUST WISEMON HE HAS AIZEN'S VOICE ACTOR

Vivy #11

Of course they were unsuccessful in changing the future

:lol:

Cool to see that Elizabeth survives in a new body and that they saved the Doc from getting wasted by the AIs. Very curious to see how it all plays out over the final two episodes!

• Like 1

Shadows House

Spoiler

So if I understood that correctly, when a face loses their own self and personality they merge with their masters? Interesting!

Well fuck you too Edward

Um........wtf Sophie????

All the dolls helping eachother is surely to irk the other nobles.

Oh????? I thought the older noble was Lord Grandfather but it looks like I could be wrong. 

Shadows House — Yeah, I dunno, it’s interesting… but it also isn’t? Not for me, perhaps. It keeps getting farther away from the stuff I found enjoyable about it. 

Super Cub #10

This episode was pure joy right until the end there. I had a feeling something bad was coming… Hang on, Shii!!!

Their tire chains brought back some fond memories from my childhood, getting stuck on hills on our camp road in our old (two wheel drive) pickup truck. Chains really work wonders!

Dynazenon #11 — Fantastic episode :shiny: This might now be my front runner for anime of the season. 

On 6/9/2021 at 6:40 PM, little birdy said:

Super Cub #10

Reveal hidden contents

This episode was pure joy right until the end there. I had a feeling something bad was coming… Hang on, Shii!!!

Their tire chains brought back some fond memories from my childhood, getting stuck on hills on our camp road in our old (two wheel drive) pickup truck. Chains really work wonders!

The joke I always make with these chill shows is "Oh god, they're gonna get hit by a car and it'll turn horrible" and now they're actually doing that with Shii-chama ;_;

(TBH the perfect ending for this series would be in Shii got her first Cub too)