Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Spring Anime 2021

Whelp, good to know my curiosity inkling was dead on. :gaigrin:

I got a few minutes into the first episode of 86 before my kid woke up from nap time and then I couldn't watch anymore. The synopsis got my attention a bit, and the first minute grabbed me. Could be interesting. I'll finish the episode off after bedtime tonight.

I will also give Shadows House a look. I saw it in the new episodes on Funi and couldn't recall hearing anything about it.

I had Lee watch ep 1 of Vivy and he's interested in it but wants to let it build up a few first but I am excited he's on board 

• Like 1

Watched first ep of Mars Red this morning and enjoyed it, did a bit of googling to see direction and stuff and found out it's based on a stage reading play so that should make for something different at least

i also made the mistake of looking at some other forum discussions about it and holy goddamn shit weeaboos are the fucking worst lmfao

• Like 1

Yeaaaa.....it's why I avoid most things on the internet in general lol

Watched first ep of Fumetsu no Anatae, while I'm interested in how this story geos....DAMN that was a Disney classic style sad beginning. :crying:

I'm liking Odd Taxi quite a bit. It's subtle, but also a bit quirky, and moves at a slowish pace without being boring (for me at least, maybe it puts other people to sleep :lol:). I like the vibe I get from it, and the art style too. 

Watched the first episode of Shadows House last night. It's interesting enough that I'll stick with it, but I wasn't necessarily blown away by it either. Maybe it will get better as more characters are introduced. We'll see!

Super Cub

Reiko is great, and Cubs are indeed the coolest. You can go anywhere if you have one! :shiny: I love the atmosphere and the style of this show. 

I had an okay time with 86/Eighty Six but there's also nothing special about it. I might drop it if there's too many other things piling up.

Tokyo Revengers Ep 1 seems like it'll be fun

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 7:21 PM, little birdy said:

Super Cub

Reiko is great, and Cubs are indeed the coolest. You can go anywhere if you have one! :shiny: I love the atmosphere and the style of this show. 

Very chill, very uwaaaaa~

I dropped Shaman King, the power-set just isn't exciting me all that much

Vivy #4

I thought this was a fantastic episode! Really well done. Estella and Elizabeth :salute: :sad:

Shadows House is getting more interesting :nod:

It most certainly is

Spoiler

There is no way that the Shadows house has that many nobles to Dolls ratio. That was a shit ton of living dolls..

We get more of a glimpse of how Shadows interact with their Dolls, of how they're to reflect their masters when out of their rooms.

It was interesting to see that Mia seemed to have something on her hands during the conflict between Sarah and Kate but I shrugged it off to her wearinfn gloves of some kind. But now seeing how much soot was in her room I wonder (it was a post credit scene if anyone missed that) Was that hers? Or was that Sarah or one of the other Noble children of the House doing that as a form of harassment? 

god this latest Vivy ep was soooooo good

and yesssssssssss get more into Shadows House yesssssssssssssssssss if it continues on this track it should be really good, the manga is fantastic

• Like 1

Super Cub is such a feel-good show :shiny:

I guess since it's airing during this season, I'll post here, but..

I finally finished catching up on Demon Slayer a few weeks ago and am getting ready to go see the movie in theaters :headbang:

• Shiny 1

Technically I've watched the movie already(but it was crappy recording of it in a Japanese theater soooo doesn't count) but my friends asked if I wanted to see it in theater tomorrow, we're all Vaxxed and the theater we're planning on going to is normally dead even before Covid hit so I'm legit excited because 

1. First movie I get to see in an actual theater again since before Covid :bawling:

2. I GET TO WATCH IT ALL AGAIN ON THE BIG SCREEN. :shiny:

The World Ends With You

Spoiler

Nuuuuuuu bye Rhyyyyyme :(

Of course only 1 player gets to be revived. 

Oh you bastard.........how dare you!

TWEWY makes me want to watch more anime adaptions of RPGs. I hardly ever have time to play games anymore. 

• Like 1

Shadows House — I still think Mia is pretty sus :grumpy: Those were just the shadow’s emotions. Sure. The phantoms and soot sickness were pretty damn creepy. 

TWEWY Ep 3

I forgot about that plot twist.

Also:

This anime exists to get you hyped to play the Neo: TWEWY sequel that's coming out in the summer, and it's totally working :lurk:

• Like 1

Vivy continues to impress, I’m already excited for next week!

Shadows House- Creep level definitely went up with that ep. Does anyone else watch the post credit clips?

Spoiler

Mia might be suspect but I have a feeling a lot of her actions are from the abuse she gets from her Master Sarah, and possibly from other living dolls that might be giving her harassment. It sounds like each floor has a different level of nobility so thus there is probably statuses in the Living Dolls as well and animosity. 

I bet the Debut is where Kate's gonna reveal her newfound power. 

I wanna like Mars Red, the animation style is interesting enough but overall I'm just not fully getting into the story.
To Your Eternity is still going strong and I got two more friends addicted to this one now.

I can't even watch Mars Red because the Funimation site is breaking for it specifically and I don't care enough to seek it elsewhere. It really seems like one of those "arty" things that you either like or you don't. I've enjoyed what I've seen but not in an overly enthusiastic way, hopefully they fix their shit so I can keep going.

• Like 1

Episode #4 of Odd Taxi might be my favourite episode of any show so far this season. Odd Taxi is weird and a bit slow paced - not for everybody, I guess - but I think it’s worth a look. I really like the atmosphere of it. Just watch this episode and see if you like it. It’s kinda depressing though FYI. 

Super Cub is such a feel good show. Just what I needed after a really crummy day. “Take that.” :cool:

We finally got to see Demon Slayer Mugen Train :shiny:

It was soooo good! Been looking forward to this for a long while.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, little birdy said:

Super Cub is such a feel good show. Just what I needed after a really crummy day. “Take that.” :cool:

It's dead quiet for the first half of the episode and then suddenly bursts into piano, very kawaii <3

Oil in the fingernails :')

1 hour ago, Anelle said:

We finally got to see Demon Slayer Mugen Train :shiny:

It was soooo good! Been looking forward to this for a long while.

So many god damn feels, and the fucking visuals!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oil in the fingernails :')

That was another favourite moment of mine in this episode -- the smile in the mirror.

• Like 1

Back Arrow #17 — This episode was pretty rad, had some good action :shiny: Finally get to see what’s being the wall next week. 

SSSS.Dynazenon #5 — Gauma is such a spaz :rotfl:  Poor Minami though :crying2:

:tumbleweed:

Where’d everybody go..?

Vivy :love2: What a badass takedown of the Metal Float. This gal means business!

Also, I am rather enjoying the spooky vibes of Shadows House. Wasn’t sold on it after the first episode, but it is definitely growing on me. 

Pretty much everything I'm interested in drops on Fri/Sat/Sun and lately anime's the thing I've been pushing to the back of the line :lurk:

I've fallen behind on stuff after having to go out of town so quickly but I'm getting back into the groove of things!

I am utterly smitten with Vivy, I can't wait to see what happens next!

Shadows House is getting into the groove, still enjoying the manga on that too! Had a new chapter drop :shiny:

• Like 1

Shadows House is definitely getting good. I'm really interested in how the blueprints look for the house they live in.

Spoiler

Especially when it is apparent that the soot seems to shift around in said house via pipes so I wonder what happens with all the soot and ash they clean up. 

You can definitely see how each doll has a different relationship with their masters when you have one that can't wear glasses because his master refuses to wear them, one who is timid, one who's definitely as cocky as his master is. And so forth. I can't wait to see how this goes for The Debut. 

Shaman King reboot has shifted things around for the better it seems. 

TWEWY is getting interesting. I never finished the game by this point so the rest is all gonna be fresh for me. 

Vivy, Megalo Box, and a couple others are keeping up well with their momentum. 

I've been watching Slime Diaries and honestly the slight change in the animation style isn't that bad. And I swear they made this series solely so that they have an excuse to get most of their silly stuff an jokes out about how obsessed the monsters are with Rimuru :rotfl:

I've somehow forgotten the plot of TWEWY so everything that happens is like reacting to it again (except I didn't forget the identity of the new partner)

Dynazenon Ep 5

I like how Gauma and the other boss are the only ones gung-ho about fighting this battle and everyone else just treats it as an annoying chore they have to do so they can just go hang out and have fun instead

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Vic Boss said:

I like how Gauma and the other boss are the only ones gung-ho about fighting this battle and everyone else just treats it as an annoying chore they have to do so they can just go hang out and have fun instead

I didn't see it like that before, but you're not wrong... now Gauma reminds me of the Branch Manager and Warehouse Manager where I work, they constantly complain about how you can't find good workers these days, young people don't work hard enough, won't take overtime, etc., etc. :rotfl: 

• Like 1

Super Cub 5

Eyyy, we finally find out what Reiko's been reading this whole time. Also little birdy's dream house.

Motorbiking up Mt Fuji is cool as fuck

I’d never hit my head on anything in that house (except maybe the doorway :lolgrin:) I was a bit surprised to see Reiko falling off her bike so much. Cubs aren’t exactly built for off-roading though. I rode similar motorbikes all the time when I lived in Vietnam, and they can be a pretty rough ride even on paved roads. This show has been top notch so far. 

Treated myself to Super Cub ep 1 while the kitten was napping! I'm looking forward to more, but i'll probably take it slow and, dare i say, enjoy the ride

:lolgrin:

Yeah :highfive: Hop on the Super Cub bandwagon, it’s great!

Zombieland Saga continues to be awesome. Somehow missed ep 4 being loaded up so have to catch a bit. 

Spoiler

The look on the Manager's face as his guitar gets smashed :rotfl: priceless

Shaman King Reboot- I do like that they're cutting out a lot of the filler stuff and stick to being on track with the Shaman tournament so far. Apparently it's still gonna be like 52 episodes vs the 64 eps that the original was but if they keep it up like this I'll definitely stick for it. And now we get to one ofnmy faves Horohoro!

SSSS Dynazenon Ep 6

A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES (the reddit kids are telling me it's Gridknight. I kind of remember SSSS Gridman but I meant to rewatch it and then never did :lurk:

Dynazenon

I assume it’s from Gridman too, but I’m struggling to remember. 

I also wish life was easier sometimes :( 

Shadows House:

Spoiler

I was expecting at least one of the Shadows to be abusive with their doll and while it was hinted, it's not surprising to be Sarah.  Poor Mia. 

Edward may well be a high ranked Doll but I wanna smack him all the same with his attitude, what's he plotting in the garden?

Vivy: It's interesting to see how much Diva evolves with each gap in her talent and personality. 

TWEWY:

Spoiler

Duuuuude that mother fucker is the one who killed Neku?! Wtf?!?!

I didn’t love this week’s episode of Vivy. Bummer about the memory loss after her reboot. Looks like we’ll get back to the good stuff next week though!

Technically this isn't her first time with the memory loss though right? This one just wasn't Matsumoto's doing I think. 

I am really enjoying TWEWY :nod: 

Also still digging Shadows House spooky vibes. Mia’s shadow is not cool :nono: Patrick / Ricky are jerks too. 

• Like 1

Me and the kiddo are finally getting back to watching Digimon. Haven’t tuned in to it for like 2 months somehow :rotfl: We’re up to episode 44 now I think. The trash inventor is my new favourite Digimon :fup: