Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[06/14/20] Weekly What Have You Been Playing?

:switch: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Pretty as fuck but still has some very rough edges (it's basically a PS2 JRPG even if it came out during the Wii era), I'd forgotten some of the beautiful landscapes (Makna Forest at night on the bridge :shiny:). The Inventory System and Gem Crafting Systems are still atrocious but there's at least auto-selling options and fast-forwarding respectively. I think I enjoy the more simplistic gameplay compared to XB2, there's a lot less balancing of menus and systems and none of the Blade RNG to care about. Always loved the quest system too, it's a great excuse to explore the full maps. I've been slow-going it, killing most enemies I encounter at least the first time instead of skipping over them because I'm mostly higher level.

:3ds: Fire Emblem Awakening

Turns out I was much farther in the game than I thought when I restarted, only have a few chapters left in the main story. Haven't decided if I'm gonna play the SpotPass post-game stuff and get all the available relationship link conversations or not.

Been playing a bit of GTA V online with my girlfriend, since it was free on the Epic Games store.  It's a pain in the ass to get to the point where you can actually play with your friends, just because you have to wait for story missions to become available, but it's about as fun as I remember it being when I played it upon launch.  I haven't done any of the heists or too many of the other missions yet, as we've mostly just been fucking around in free mode, but I had fun playing back then and I still am.  So I'm sure it'll be better once I get to the newer content stuff.

I also have been mucking about on the SNES/NES games on the Switch.  Was checking out Operation Logic Bomb.  That's a fun game.  It's kind of like a tactical version of Contra that's strictly(as far as I've gotten) top-down.

Borrowed Web's switch and played some Mario cart with the kids. 

• Like 1

Been playing a lot of different versions of Street Fighter with the boyfriend, we're currently switching off after every life in Rogue Legacy.

FFXIV.

Basically taking a break from the wow and using this to fill me free time, whenever I have some.

Pokemon Shield.

Trying to get into climbing the ladder and the more competitive side of the game 

• Like 1

I got started on my FFV Four Job Fiesta run yesterday at work. Liberal use of fast forward and good luck with my jobs = I'm about a third of the way done already. First job I rolled was Blue Mage - one of the best jobs in the game and a personal fav :love2: - then as expected Berserker was my Water Crystal job. Summoner and White Mage round out my party. This is going to be a cakewalk. 

Started The Last of Us 2 this morning, I'm about two hours in. Making a prediction for later in the spoiler, going to see if I'm right later on.

I'm thinking this Abby girl is Joel's daughter from the first game, who either had amnesia and thinks he killed whomever adopted her, or thinks he abandoned her