Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Psycho666Soldier

[4/30/20] Weekly What Have You Been Playing?

Well, a lot of us have had more free time and it's been a minute since we've had one of these threads.  Maybe it continues, maybe it doesn't.

I've mostly been playing Digimon World: Next Order the last two weeks.  As a fan of the original Digimon World, this game is almost perfect.  I'm a sucker for the monster-raising mechanics mixed with RPG sensibilities, and recruiting Digimon to the city becomes addicting.  It's not really a game for everyone, but if you're into that sort of thing, this game has almost everything you need.  I just wish the story it was telling was executed in a more...engaging manner.

I did also pop in the original FFVII a couple days.  Went through a file of my power-grind game saved at Cosmo Canyon right before go through the Gi Cave.  Gi Natak was the first boss I got stuck at as a kid, and I felt like such a fool once I realized you could just heal him to death.  I opted to beat him with no magic here to establish dominance.

I then pulled up my save from the last playthrough I did where I was just trying to blaze through it.  Wouldn't you know it?  It's was a perfect save primed to go into the City of the Ancients before THAT happens.  I made it a save literally right before the act so I can go through and watch it with different parties to get all their reactions.

I might load up my power-grind save where I'm optimized for Emerald Weapon and give him a go.  I utilized a manufactured Lucky 7's through materia and equipment manipulation.  Never got Lucky 7's organically.

How about you guys?

It's been 90% Animal Crossing, and 10% American Truck Simulator for me these past few weeks. I started in on the FFVII Remake but only got past the first "boss" battle before stopping. I planned on starting it up again last weekend but didn't. Maybe this weekend.

• Like 1

Up until last week, I was playing Smash quite a bit. Unlocked all the characters, beat Classic Smash with as many characters as I care to... I tried but I can't really get into the World of Light thing. I've done a chunk of it, but it feels tedious to me. So enough Smash for me for a while. This week I got back into some Street Fighter (30th Anniversary Collection). No way I wasn't going to play some Street Fighter after I finished watching High Score Girl. I remember being kinda good at the games a long time ago. Now, not so good :rip: Thankfully the difficulty is adjustable :lurk: 

I snagged Songbird Symphony on sale recently so I should give that a go this weekend if I have some gaming time. I think it's a fairly short game.

And all this Final Fantasy talk lately has got me sort of in the mood for FF7. If Squeenix has a publisher sale on the eShop any time soon then I will succumb and start replaying it.

• Like 1

Just finished the PS1 version of Final Fantasy VII on the PSP. Going forward it'll be some combination of :3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening as my bathroom game, :ps4: Final Fantasy 7 Remake whenever Chaoxytal gets his PS4,  and :psp: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7, because the PSP is such a cool little device to hold and use and might as well do'em all at once

1 hour ago, Vic Boss said:

Just finished the PS1 version of Final Fantasy VII on the PSP. Going forward it'll be some combination of :3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening as my bathroom game, :ps4: Final Fantasy 7 Remake whenever Chaoxytal gets his PS4,  and :psp: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7, because the PSP is such a cool little device to hold and use and might as well do'em all at once

Are you and Chax doing a Simulplay or something?

Probs just gonna start it around the same time if possible. His PS4 might be back-ordered though, so we'll see

Pretty much purely FF7 Remake and Persona 5 Royal pretty evenly. Play Royal while my wife is awake since she played the original version and wanted to watch me play through it and play 7 when she's in bed since she wants to play through that herself and doesn't want to catch any spoilers. Been working out pretty well so far so that I can keep going on both games.

Had also been playing Quantum Break on PC before FF7 dropped. Will need to get back into that soon before I forget what the hell was happening. XD

Trials of Mana. Which honestly has been fantastic and a better remake than SoM.

I do need to go back to FF7R. 

• Like 2