Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

New Eminem (2020)

He just dropped a brand new album, called "Music To Be Murdered By". Here's a video for the first single.

• Like 1
  • Shiny 1

I really like that song. Besides rapping really fast or all the clever wordplay, his other strongest suit is the Stan/storytelling formula he's got.

On first listen, solid all around, pretty much what you want and expect from Eminem at this stage of his career and life. The Juice Wrld feature was surprising, guys like him don't really seem like Eminem's lane but I guess it's a nice RIP. I liked how he put Young M.A. on the song that addresses his beefs so there's a lot of people gonna be hearing her now.

• Like 1

Darkness is incredible. I don't know what else to say really. Only "This Is America" has reached that level of layers for many years imo.

Listened to the first few tracks on the album.  Shit's awesome so far.  Definitely looking forward to listening to more. :shiny:

Watched the video but wasn't really listening.  Will have to give it another shot at some point and pay attention. :lol:

Relistening to the album as a whole, some of the tracks are already kinda old... but the high points just feel more inventive the more I listen.

Listened though it once now.  Will have another run through.  First half is better than the last half for me.

• Like 1

The Ed Sheeran feature makes Eminem sound like an over 30 white girl hitting up the club.

Listened to most if it. I'm not the most familiar with all of his music, but it's not a bad album. 

16 hours ago, Death Rider Mox said:

The Ed Sheeran feature makes Eminem sound like an over 30 white girl hitting up the club.

Yes. As with most Ed Sheeran things, it's garbage.

6 hours ago, Garlic Junior said:

Yes. As with most Ed Sheeran things, it's garbage.

tenor.gif?itemid=4668402

Agreed. :rotfl:

He references Machine Gun Kelly quite a bit, outright and subliminally. If that beef was actually real, I wonder why he'd keep giving him the free pub

It's not. Same with Die Antwoord v Lady Gaga v Eminem v MGK.... they're all signed either blatantly or background to the same label via Interscope.

The DA one is a bit more vague but the rest are all there on the same page on the Interscope website ffs :lol: it's pretty obvious publicity stunts. Won't be surprised to hear all about Lana Del Ray's beef with Billie Eilish later in the year...

See also: Tech N9ne (founded Strange Music which is owned by UMG who also own.... Interscope!)