Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Anelle

What the fuck is Christmas?

Plz post your essays on Christmas here

or talk about presents

or tell web he's stinky and owes us egg eating

My main Christmas present was going to a 2. 5ish day, 2 night mountain biking thing right before Thanksgiving. Other than that I got some small stuff like a t-shirt and bike grips. Pretty low key Christmas. 

my haul: A pocket watch from my mom and an Air fryer. oh and a 50$ gift card

$50 from the in-laws, and my wife got me a new Kindle. Finally. After I've been hinting to her for 2 years now that my (now nearly 7 years) old one is starting to not function the best. After like the third time of her telling me she has no idea what to get me, I was just like: Here. You're getting me this. I've been hinting for 2 years. Her response was "... Oooooohhhhh. That's what you were doing." :rotfl: 

She is legendarily bad with presents 90% of the time. I can't fault her for it though since I usually just buy most things I really want whenever they come out so I don't leave her many options. 

• ROFL 1

THESE ESSAYS SUCK, I NEED AT LEAST 60000000 WORDS

we're the same way about presents, if there's something we really want then we just go on and get it or encourage the other to get something they want. There's always some big thing we want to squirrel for each year but our family doesn't think it's quite as fun to just give us money, which is fair. I mean part of exchanging presents is enjoying picking something out or getting to see someone receiving it or whatever after all! 

For the past few years Lee's gift to me has been letting me buy a large quantity of flash-frozen burritos from my favorite place in Alabama to bring home with us at Thanksgiving. It is a very weird tradition but a delicious one. BURRITOOOOOOOOOOOOS

My parents gave us money to go towards getting new phones since both of ours were needing replacing, so we went on and got those on Black Friday to get a discount, so we've been enjoying Christmas since November. I got a very nice purse from my MIL as well as some money and some more money from the other in-laws, will be using some of it to upgrade art tablet and maybe get some monitor stands and stuff, trying to revamp my drawing space a bit but no solid plans so cash is very nice. A bit of it is earmarked for upcoming vidya games in 2020 because everything I want is coming out in like.... March so not really ideal for Christmas gifts under the tree but eh. 

AND THAT'S MY CHRISTMAS RAMBLING

Christmas Gifts:

I also bought myself some shit but I'm not going to list it all. :rotfl:

Was fun times.  Christmas Eve with dad's side of the family was cool.  Drank some weird ass rum shot of Captain called Canon blast that was way too sweet.  Yikes.  Christmas, woke up at 5:45, took a shower and got ready, got Luna out of bed around 6:00 and then went into the living room to do presents with each other and Luna at like 6:20 when Jovanna finally finished getting ready.  Drove over to my parents around 7, opened gifts and stuff there, then went to grandparents to do presents with the rest of the family.

Couldn't fit all the shit in the car because my family spoiled the ever loving fuck out of her so we had to leave a few things behind at my parents' house. :rotfl:

who cares what you got, list what Luna got!

• Shiny 1

That will take longer since I don't remember what the fuck any of it is called anymore lol.

She got a rocking unicorn though.  It's cute as fuck.

I sent her a text in like August telling her to get the heatsink cover. Did she get the fans too? 

if the gods are merciful by the time she's old enough to care about specific toys poop surprise toys will no longer be popular

16 minutes ago, h2ojunkie said:

I sent her a text in like August telling her to get the heatsink cover. Did she get the fans too? 

Haha just the cover.  Just as well though since they haven't released white fans yet and I actually like the white even though I wouldn't have bought it myself. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Anelle said:

if the gods are merciful by the time she's old enough to care about specific toys poop surprise toys will no longer be popular

Not sure what that is.  Like the stupid loot boxes for kids basically?  I guess in our day that was Pokemon cards. :rotfl:

I had to go look up what it actually was.  Fucking dumb. :rotfl:  Unicorn that poops glitter.  Jesus christ. :rotfl:

But it works for all the smalls wanting it.

Dude we all know that Xmas is mainly about survival of Malls, Obligatory family visits, TNT's Christmas Story week long marathons, debt , and Corp hell. :santa:

I lived through work, got to see my grandma during one her better energy moments. And I somehow got Xmas Day off so mostly chilled at home binging holiday stuff.
Got $, brand new fuzzy body pillows, sugar skull fleece fabric to make badass pj's. new air matress for camping. a couple of Groot funko pops to add to my army.

Now to survive  New Years

2 hours ago, Tassifox said:

survival of Malls

Nope.  Long live internet shopping. FUCK leaving the house and going into that fucking insanity. :shudder:

• Like 2