Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Tenet (2020)

Saw a very vague trailer before and this one is a lot more.  This looks fucking crazy. :O.O:

Gonna wait til I don't have to risk my health to see it. Man, Christopher Nolan is fucking arrogant as shit. 

• Like 1

Watched this while with the bf at a friend's place. If I had been watching on my own I'd have given up about 30 minutes in when the protagonist started asking how the bullets move back through time and the other woman basically said "don't worry about it". Confusing as fuck.

It's confusing but eventually gets explained to an extent.  It is just kind of a mindfuck.  I liked it but...yeah.  Shit is ultra confusing. :rotfl:

On 6/14/2021 at 3:30 AM, MT said:

Watched this while with the bf at a friend's place. If I had been watching on my own I'd have given up about 30 minutes in when the protagonist started asking how the bullets move back through time and the other woman basically said "don't worry about it". Confusing as fuck.

Even worse, that's barely 20 minutes in lol I lasted the full 30 until the Michael Caine scene. Sound problems aside, the editing is fucking insane too. Rapid cuts during dialogue scenes, snipping away bits of movement so the continuity doesn't tie up. 

I'm sure it's all intended, but it is amateur hour stuff to watch. Nolan was sniffing his own farts too hard on this one.

Honestly I felt like I understood it just fine by the end of the movie.  It is extremely jarring at first but fairly easy to understand by the end if you've been paying attention.  It feels like you got confused and just quit instead of actually waiting for things to be explained. :lol: 

The problem is, the explanation was stupid though. It felt like there was no pay off. The whole movie just felt like Nolan trying to one up Inception, and being extra pretentious while doing it. There was some really interesting cinematography and some fun action bits, but mostly I spent the whole movie being annoyed.

• Like 1