Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[11/07/19] Weekly What Have You Been Playing?

:3ds: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn. I only have a few stages (and their medals and collectables) and apartment missions left, already 100%ed the Dedede and Meta Knight mini-games. Not gonna bother with Devilish Mode, that's too much aggravation for a Kirby game even if it will leave the collectables out.

Also hopped on :switch: Smash Bros Ultimate quickly to collect the Fatal Fury/KoF Spirits and try out Terry.

Still in Chapter 2 in :ds: Dragon Quest IV. I liked this about DQ9 as well, DQ games feel kind of like an anime does, each new town or area gives you a monster-of-the-week to fight and heroically save the day, all while a long-term evil is lurking somewhere.

:wiiu: :ds: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is probably going to be next. I've never played a Fire Emblem game fully, just the Awakening Demo on 3DS and I emulated the GBA game a bit once. I did buy the virtual console version, so I am gonna stick through playing it this time.

Started playing :switch: Heave-Ho again, which is a really fun physics platformer. It's got a great co-op multiplayer mode that i've yet to try, but it looks like a ton of fun (provided the people you play with aren't assholes).

Bought :switch: Ring-Fit Adventure a week or so ago and just did it for the first time an hour or so ago. 

I bought :ps4: Death Stranding (with a gift card, didn't know if I actually wanted to pay for it with my own money), and a friend who works at Blizzard gave me a copy of :ps4: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, so i'm gonna give that a shot real soon.

Other than that, just Destiny 2 on PC.

I've been trying (somewhat successfully) to pretend like I'm interested in :switch: Minecraft to keep my daughter happy. She likes it when we play it together. I get bored so fast though :sleep:

Just finished up Outer Worlds today and am moving on to Death Stranding. Was a little leery of this one, but most of what I was seeing in reviews made it seem like something I wouldn't mind playing and so far I'm enjoying it. Also wanted to see what Kojima had in him after getting out from under Konami's thumb. The weird shit in the game so far alone was good enough for me. XD

I too finished Outer Worlds, and started Death Stranding on Friday. Within minutes of getting control of Sam I was lost where to go exactly, so that was fun. Got to the end of the first chapter before stopping. 

Yeah, that part was a little disorienting at first. Took me a few min. to find a way past the mountain-y bit.

Started a second playthrough of Outer Worlds as a dumb brute. Right now i'm focusing on melee combat. Just got off the first planet in about half an hour, and got both the Vicar and Parvati to join my team.

Mobile games. Too many god damn mobile games. I need to cut back on those and play some console games.

Oh, and Destiny 2. 👍

• Like 1

The regulars:

Fallout 76 and GTA V :xbone:

WWE Supercard 

Recent additions:

P.E.S. 19 and Outer Worlds :xbone:

5 hours ago, Peeve said:

WWE Supercard 

.....what tier are you at? :lurk:

On 11/12/2019 at 7:47 PM, Peeve said:

The regulars:

Fallout 76 

Who hurt you?

Bethesda

• ROFL 1

On 11/13/2019 at 1:49 AM, Nick said:

.....what tier are you at? :lurk:

SS '19+

On 11/13/2019 at 8:51 PM, Galeigh said:

Who hurt you?

This game cost me no money.  It has it's problems and they are extensive,  however I enjoy it.

Why? I enjoy the game.

I do not ask anyone to support or play this, if they do not enjoy it. I know it has problems. I usually have a 4-5 crash day once per week.

I go around gathering materials to build power armor for lower level people. Or will randomly go help people. Or just venture around with friends.

You can be funny and say "you poor soul". I found a niche in this game that I enjoy.  So if you want to mock my enjoyment, that is okay.  Your thoughts will not change my enjoyment of this broken game.

Just ignore him. :P

I played some of Fallout 76 when they were doing a Free Trial around.... E3, I think it was? And I had fun with it. Was playing with Blackjak. I've definitely thought about playing more of it. I wish the Wastelanders expansion would come out because that would be a big boost for it, I think. Though I don't agree with some of the decisions Bethesda has been making with the game.

I will do one month of Fallout 1st.  The Ranger Combat Armor, 1650 Atoms, and the Scrapbox to me is worth the one time cost of $13.

Bethesda has crapped the bed in a lot of ways with this game.  Getting rid of Survival Mode, adding Pay-to-Win mechanics, item cost in the Atom Shop, extremely slow bug fixes as examples.

Did they fix the Scrapbox? I know I heard that people who put stuff in it were losing it.

It was fixed within a couple of days of it's launch.

Worst thing that happened to me was losing all my photos.

Aah, okay. Glad to hear that. Though I doubt I'd ever get Fallout First.

I did actually get a copy of Fallout 76 for PS4 through some deal with Twitch/Amazon Prime to make it... pretty much not cost anything. I'd gotten it in anticipation for the Wastelanders update, and then it got delayed to sometime next year. :P

That would also require me to have an Xbox. :P

2 hours ago, Nick said:

That would also require me to have an Xbox. :P

You're better off with a PC. :shiny:

On that note...you can start preloading Master Chief Collection (Reach) if you have the game pass thing. :O

• Like 1