Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
webhead

Diablo 4

Lots of potentially helpful/insightful reax to D4 here on the PureDiablo D2 Single Player Forum that you might find interesting to read. These views are of course coming from people that are primarily D2 fans.

PureDiablo is the successor to the old Diabloii.net forums if anybody around here used to post there. The D2 SPF is loaded with great stuff :nod:

The visuals are nice. There are some nice creature comfort improvements on your backpack. Everything is the same size so far. Super easy to mark stuff to sell. There are different sections for consumables, gear, quest items, etc. I haven't played too much, only level 15 necro, so I can't say how the leveling and stuff works too much. I'm not going to spend any real time working on a build due to the 3 day beta. There are some nice world even type things that other people can help with. Overall it feels good so far. 

I won't buy it day 1 but I'm at least moderately interested.  I feel like some of the systems are still just Diablo 3 but with some dumb decisions like skill trees requiring points but ultimately being just more annoying versions of what you did in D3 minus the whole "unlock everything" aspect of D3 making switching between builds FAR easier.

I don't love that there is a battle pass season thing.  I don't care that it is just for cosmetics. I like finding shit, not paying for it.

I liked the graphics.  Game is a lot creepier and they really nailed the atmosphere.  I'm just not sure the gameplay is really dialed in right.  We'll see I guess.

:tumbleweed:

I still don't own anything capable of playing Diablo IV, so I don't have any hands-on experience, but I've watched a lot on YouTube. I've seen enough to know I won't love this game, but I do still want to try it out someday.

Did any of you guys and gals actually buy it? Play it lots? Thoughts?

I got it. Still somewhere in Act 1. I was only semi-enthusiastic about the game in the first place and bought it because I got a really good deal on it, but this last month along with the next few are so loaded with stuff I want to play that it quickly got shuffled into the corner since I know it's not going anywhere, and may actually be improved enough to be straight up fun. Not falling for the trap of dumping 500 hours into it and then being so burnt out that when they add the things I actually wanted I don't want to play it any more (looking at you Diablo 3 Paragon system).

If my wife finally decides to start it up, or I have someone else to play with I might wander back over to it in the interim, but at the moment I still have Jedi: Survivor, FFXVI and Oxenfree 2 to keep me busy and Baldur's Gate 3, Starfield and some other stuff right around the corner.

I got it as well, but life is busy and I've only played a couple of times. 

Online reaction to the latest patch in advance of Season 1 of D4 seems to be universally negative... so that's not a good sign for the game... but maybe they will fix all of these problems by the time you guys actually find time to play the game! :lol: 

I played enough to get into T4 and sorc is weak as fuck, newest patch nerfed them into the ground even further and I think I'm just gonna play something else for a while until they unfuck the game a little more.

The latest patch is honestly mind bogglingly awful.  Lol.  I don't know what I expected.  It's like watching Bungie and I remembered no, watching Bungie was like watching the fucking moron D3 team, so it's kind of come full circle now. :rotfl:

I could see them rolling back some of the shit they changed in this patch. It's bad enough people are legit uninstalling, and the game is getting review bombed because of it. :rotfl: 

Almost every article and what not that I've seen about it too points to the Sorcerer stuff specifically because yeah, they needed help, not to be pile driven further into the ground. They're apparently going to be doing a live stream to talk about the patch around 11am (PT) Friday, so we'll see if they intend to roll back any of the shit then I guess.

I feel annoyed that I didn't play more before the pulled this, but since I have a ton of shit to play still, I guess I can just hold out until they start getting their shit together before going back to it. XD

I haven't touched it since the patch for a couple reasons, but I've heard nothing but awful things about it.

MT sent this earlier:

https://www.ign.com/articles/blizzard-admits-it-messed-up-with-diablo-4s-disastrous-nerf-patch-announces-upcoming-sweeping-changes?utm_source=twitter

Looks like they might be pulling their heads out of their asses.  A huge improvement over the D3 team and their constant bull headed bullshit responses to player feedback.  If they can at least fucking TRY instead of telling us about "their vision" and why we're actually wrong, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt to fix shit.

I'm still not playing this season with the game in this shit state but at least they might fix this sooner rather than later. :P

“We don’t plan on doing a patch like this ever again. We hear you loud and clear.”

That is the right thing to say, for sure. And I hope they do whatever it takes to make D4 players happy in general again. But I guess it's kind of a believe-when-we-see-it kind of situation :lol: