Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[10/10/19] Weekly What Have You Been Playing?

Welp, I'm a maximum level liar, been playing :switch: Smash Bros Ultimate most of the week, collecting spirits (have over 500 now) as Marth.

Had my alignment get changed on me again just before a major boss in :3ds: SMT Strange Journey and now I'm not as into it. Probably gonna pick up :3ds: Luigi's Mansion or  :ds: Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen instead.

• Like 1

Played Smash with Downshift the last few weeks a bunch too.  We've been doing that single player mode as well.  It's pretty fun.  Downshift has played the game so much and gotten so much better it's not that fun to play against him anymore so this is nice. :P

Also playing a bunch of Destiny 2.  Yesterday I tried out playing it connected to my OLED TV.  Fairly impressed my video card was able to hold down a fairly consistent 60fps at 4k. :eek:

Same same from last week. All rhythm games all the time (what little time I have for games :lurk:)

• Like 1

Popping Spirits (I think I'm 10 or 20 off of 700) and doing Challenges is extremely addicting (64 of 124) and satisfying in Smash :lurk:. 100%ed World of Light, primarily concentrating on non-online and non-spirit challenges first, then gonna alternate online and single player Smash mode for spirits

Fanservice in the game is absolutely insane too. Lost my shit when I played as Simon Belmont for the first time and all his moves are exactly his ability set from the side-scrolling games, down to that arc-ing axe

You still playing mostly as Marth? Or branching out to other characters? What is your short-list of favourite Smash characters?

Mostly as Marth, Ganondorf or Bowser to finish off World of Light stuff or challenges

I do plan on beating a single player Smash Mode with each character once just to see if anyone feels better (and to pop spirits)

Pac-Man was my favourite in Smash for 3DS. It's a bit of a pesky playing style the way you can use fire hydrants and items.

Also really enjoyed playing as Little Mac for a more full throttle, all-out offensive style of play.

>tfw you beat a Legendary Spirit with 1 HP remaining

YOSHHHHHH (Baby Bowser)

102/124 Challenges (just have a few Classic Mode Challenges left and then it's Online Challenges), 1069/1343 Spirits (don't know if that counts DLC or not, haven't gotten it yet), and beaten Classic Mode with 13 Fighters :nod:

There's this cool retro gaming cafe nearby me, has a stock of like 1,000 games, some retro knick-knacks and a few lightgun cabinets.

Played:

A Pong machine that looked like it was from the 50s (proper tiny dial paddles)

Left 4 Dead (360)

A WWF N64 game (forgot which one, it had Rikishi in it for a timescale)

Street Fighter 2 Turbo Hyper Edition (SNES)

A few Saturn on rails gun games (Virtua Cop was maybe one?)

Need For Speed Underground 2 (PS2). Played a race in every mode. I somehow still had the muscle memory to ace Drift and Drag modes.

Some old FIFAs. 2004 and 2010 maybe?

In the house I've only played old FIFAs too. Changed the rosters to current teams on 18 which is hilarious because amazing players are rates so poorly from three years ago.

5 hours ago, Garlic Junior said:

A WWF N64 game (forgot which one, it had Rikishi in it for a timescale)

As far as I know there were only two, No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000. There MAY have been an N64 release of the Acclaim game WWF Raw, but that has a completely different style to the other two, and I don't think RIkishi was in it.

Did you get a bugged No Mercy cart or the fixed one?

10 hours ago, Garlic Junior said:

I believe it was No Mercy. There were at least another two btw - War Zone and Attitude.

War Zone is the Acclaim one I was thinking of. Don't remember much about Attitude.

7 hours ago, Death Rider Mox said:

Did you get a bugged No Mercy cart or the fixed one?

Didn't play enough to find out? Literally had like two matches.

Also @MT Attitude was the only one I really played, except on Dreamcast. The WCW games were my N64 jam.

On 10/14/2019 at 1:45 PM, Garlic Junior said:

Left 4 Dead (360)

That sounds awful. :rotfl:

You can still play it on Steam you know. :lurk: