Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Jojo Rabbit (2019)

Writer director Taika Waititi brings his signature style of humor and pathos to his latest film, JOJO RABBIT, a World War II satire that follows a lonely German boy (Roman Griffin Davis as JoJo) whose world view is turned upside down when he discovers his single mother (Scarlett Johansson) is hiding a young Jewish girl (Thomasin McKenzie) in their attic. Aided only by his idiotic imaginary friend, Adolf Hitler (Taika Waititi), Jojo must confront his blind nationalism.

That definitely looks like it could be funny.  :rotfl:

• ROFL 2

Holy shit that's from the official movie Twitter account? :rotfl:

Watched this a few months ago.  Really liked it.  I'm going to keep watching his other stuff.  :nod:

He's a really really smart and funny guy. If you enjoyed the film I'd recommend checking out some of his interviews around it, especially if Thomasin McKenzie is there too.

Speaking of, Leave No Trace was a phenomenal film also with Thomasin playing a different but just as difficult role. She's gonna go far if she keeps getting great roles. Just hope she doesn't get typecast as "kooky girl with the foreign accent".

I need to watch What We Do in the Shadows before I do anything else.

I still need to watch this. I've had it for a while and keep forgetting with the sheer amount of stuff I still have to watch. X_x

I'm really glad his name is getting around as much as it is these days though. He definitely deserves the accolades. 

What We Do in the Shadows was pretty good. Felt like watching a movie version of The Office, except it's about vampires. :rotfl: 

Still want to watch the tv show remake being done at some point too. Everything I've seen from it is pretty funny, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I tried an episode of the US version/remake and it didn't do anything for me. I was never able to get into The Office either, maybe that's why.

4 hours ago, MT said:

I tried an episode of the US version/remake and it didn't do anything for me. I was never able to get into The Office either, maybe that's why.

You should try to watch more than 1 episode.  Show is incredible.  Has some ups and downs but there's a reason it's insanely popular and well rated (i.e. not shit like Big Bang Theory 😛 )