Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

I'm REALLY leery of this. Linda Hamilton is a plus, and rumors are that Edward Furlong might be in it too (maybe not a good thing, but supposedly he went through rehab and was getting back into shape and was had gone to the place they were shooting it and everything), but the trailer doesn't really give me the best feeling. :uhoh: 

13 minutes ago, Mera'din said:

I'm REALLY leery of this. Linda Hamilton is a plus, and rumors are that Edward Furlong might be in it too (maybe not a good thing, but supposedly he went through rehab and was getting back into shape and was had gone to the place they were shooting it and everything), but the trailer doesn't really give me the best feeling. :uhoh: 

I'd heard young John will be in the movie, but not Edward Furlong...at least not in any new capacity. And yeah, the trailer itself was very underwhelming.

We're not getting another good Terminator movie again are we?

Trailer is just...meh.  I read an article about it and was hopeful but after watching this trailer...I am...not very hopeful. :-/

Nice.  I didn't realize that Cameron was actually writing it too.  I'm conflicted because T2 was obviously great but didn't he write Avatar?  That movie was steaming poops. :rotfl:

I'm cautiously optimistic.  First trailer was kinda...hit or miss though.  We'll see what happens.  It's not really very promising when every single new Terminator ignores every Terminator movie before it other than T1 and T2. :uhoh:  Maybe this will be the first sequel after T2 to not completely suck? :rotfl:

It's really hard to get excited.  I want to be but there have been like...well literally every movie after T2 was a reboot where nothing counted except T1 and T2.  I'm probably not going to see this in the theater.  I'll just get it after unless by some miracle it ends up actually being good.

That's not accurate.

Rise of the Machines took place after Judgment Day.

Salvation took place prior to the events of everything, it's basically a prequel.

Genisys retconned everything by following up on another fan bitchfest of why not keep sending Terminators to the same time. An additional Terminator was sent to the Terminator timeframe and changed everything from Terminator forward, but it was already changed because humans countered this by sending Arnold to Sarah's childhood to train and protect her. 

Dark Fate is the only true reboot that is ignoring the other movies.

Also, I think Dark Fate is gonna be good. Tim Miller, Arnold, James Cameron, Linda Hamilton, Edward Furlong. MY HOPES ARE HIGH. I am more excited about this than Rise of Skywalker.

I'm interested because James Cameron and Tim Miller are involved but the trailers thus far have not really been very exciting is all.

Also the Terminator movie timeline is a fucking disaster.  Maybe if they finally make a good sequel to T2, it'll stick. :rotfl:

Then again, you know, it is a movie series about time travel and changing the future so continually undoing things is kind of part of the territory I guess. :uhoh:

So you don’t need to watch Genisys to see this?

Could be good if everyone feels ashamed and need to put the franchise back together.

Action seemed too over the top though.