Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Deimos

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

The 9th film from Quentin Tarantino, coming out this summer.

I really have no idea what this movie will really be about, but I am excited for it.

I still haven't seen Hateful Eight...need to get on that.

I hope Dicaprio plays a total asshole in this.

Hateful 8 is amazing. I think it's on Netflix.

I am very excited for this.  I fucking love Tarantino and there are so many fucking awesome actors in this.

I read something vague about what it was going to be about but I forgot because it doesn't really matter.  It's a Tarantino movie and it will be good. :D

Saw Hateful 8 in theater.  The whole event thing.  I think I still have the book that they gave out somewhere. :shiny:

Doesn't it revolve around the murder of Sharon Tate?  

That's just a piece of it. I am kind of expecting it to be like Pulp Fiction.

38 minutes ago, Deimos said:

Hateful 8 is amazing. I think it's on Netflix.

It was a few months ago, I watched it again on there. I originally saw it in whatever special print Tarantino put it out in select theaters, and I love that movie.

People maybe figured out a while ago that Tarantino was sorta telling the story of this stylish ultra-brutal popculture obsessed world (Conversations in Reservoir Dogs, Meez in Pulp Fiction) and in Kill Bill we got to see what the cinema WITHIN that world was like... Then we saw in Inglorious Basterds sort of how that came to be, with cinema being so essential to the conclusion of WWII in that canon that cinema seems very important and real.

I figure what he's doing here is telling a story set within the Hollywood of that world to show the sort of crazy environment in which your Kill Bills get made. That's my guess.

Fucking. Sucks.

Look, a lot of people tried to convince me The Hateful Eight fucking sucked. That it was 2:50 of nothing for 10 minutes of insanity. That it was the type of movie you could fall asleep halfway through to.

I said "lul, you mad. I could listen to Samuel L Jackson for twenty hours regardless, and the sheer mayhem of the end more than made up for it".

But now, I apologise. I did not think Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt together could POSSIBLY be boring, but they are. This movie tries the exact. same. trick. as Hateful Eight, but fails so fucking hard.

Boring as fuck. 0/10. If you're on the fence, don't bother with this. Hot garbage. Blah blah blah.

I haven't seen it yet but based on what normal people have said...

YxhCJAR.gif

I did agree with Hateful Eight though.  I could watch those motherfuckers talk all day. :rotfl:

I'll come back after I watch this one and probably tell you that you're fucking crazy. :rotfl:

• Like 1