Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Garlic Junior

MLB 2019

Yo,

Outwith the games in Japan, season is now 2 hours old.

Who's your team?

How do you think they will fare?

Who do you predict to make the World Series?

What underdogs are you rooting for?

Who's your team?

Seattle Mariners

4th in the AL West (Hopefully better) 

Baltimore Orioles vs the Miami Marlins

Houston Astros and the St. Louis Cardinals

Seattle in the AL and the Rockies in the NL 

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1

Who's your team?

Blue Jays

Probably last in the AL East. Maybe will beat the Rays.

Yankees vs Nats

My Bluejays. 

I dunno man, I wasn't rating the Rays at all but watching their game yesterday they looked good. Like, finishing top two in the ALE good.

My Padres looked really good in spring training... i think they finally understand they aren't a farm team.  I am hopeful.  But i've been burned before :puppyeyes:.... :hide:

Hey, I know its only one weekend, but Red Sox and Yankees both in the AL East Cellar. :lurk:

6 hours ago, Eizan said:

Hey, I know its only one weekend, but Red Sox and Yankees both in the AL East Cellar. :lurk:

I'm enjoying it! That early season madness is always enjoyable.

Seattle is the first to 10 wins. 

I expect the offense to cool off eventually, so I'll enjoy the wins while I can. 

Blue Jays :(

It will be a long summer. But at least there are no expectations. I just want to see what Vlad (and then Bo) can do. 

Anybody else morbidly following Chris Davis's hitless streak? Oh man he is bad. Unplayable. They need to give him a break or something. 

Also did Mike Trout somehow get better AGAIN? Dude is on a tear right now. It's nuts. He's so good. 

The Jays beat the Red Sox today. Somehow the Jays have more wins on the season than the Red Sox :rotfl: I know it's early, but still! Bad start for Boston

Sale 0-3 with a 9.00 ERA. It'd be one thing for the Red Sox to lose due to lack of hitting, but all of their starters have been getting rocked. 

I love it when the Red Sox and Yankees eat shit, but it's also sad to see some good pitchers struggling / getting hurt. Something isn't right with Severino, and obviously Sale's start is awful. He seems to have lost his velocity - and right after the big contract extension.

Chris Davis's hitless is still going. He set a new record :uhoh:

I was going to post that Trevor Rosenthal finally recorded an out and when would Davis get a hit. 

Seattle has homered in 15 straight games, gonna be sad when this offense cools off...hopefully it goes all season. :D

It's interesting because this is two years in a row now I think that Seattle is off to an unexpectedly good start. But IIRC last year they were winning in a much less sustainable fashion. Maybe this year their success is more believable?

The Red Sox are losing to the Os right now. Both the Red Sox and Yankees have losing records. I love this season so far :evillaugh:

1 hour ago, little birdy said:

It's interesting because this is two years in a row now I think that Seattle is off to an unexpectedly good start. But IIRC last year they were winning in a much less sustainable fashion. Maybe this year their success is more believable?

Yea, last year was because of having a good bullpen and Diaz. 

One thing is Seattle more than likely can't keep this up consistently, while Houston can. The AL has pretty good top teams, where Seattle could finish with a better record than most NL teams even those in the playoffs and still not make it. 

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT :jumboshiny:

So much for that great start by the M's. 

So much for the Jays being a .500 team after calling up Vlad and sweeping the A's :sigh:  Here's hoping for a bounce back in Texas

Vlad finally getting some hits, two homer game :jumboshiny:

Houston is going to start running away with the AL West. 

In general the NL will be more interesting all season for the Playoffs. 

So I think the Twins are actually kinda good. That's weird. 

2 hours ago, little birdy said:

So I think the Twins are actually kinda good. That's weird. 

Now they only have to get over the Yankees...hopefully they don't meet in the playoffs. 

It would suck for the Twins to meet the Yankees in the Wild Card game again. I hope Minnesota wins the Central. Cleveland can eat shit for just assuming they would win the division and not even trying to improve their team :lol:

Well the Yankees will probably will win the AL East. 

First place now with all the injuries they have, imagine how they will be late in the season when a lot of the players return. 

Also 10-27 since starting 13-2. Worse than the Marlins in that time span. 

Yeah they're definitely a good team! I'm OK to become a bandwagon Twins fan later this year. They have some really fun players. 

I like the Rays are hanging with the Yankees in the AL East (while pushing Boston down in the standings.)

But to be honest I expect Astros vs Dodgers 2 for the World Series. 

So I know Baseball season is kinda done for us considering the Jays and Mariners are out of Playoff Contention, but over in the more interesting NL Central. The Reds have been playing good and they have one of the best ERA's in baseball. 

The NL Central as a whole is going to be a fun race to watch. The NL East might be as well, Washington is getting back in it. 

Now that the Raptors big run is over, I've come crawling back to my Blue Jays. They're really bad. Nobody was expecting them to contend this year. They're basically seeing what they have in their young players. But wow they're bad. Almost Orioles level bad. Stole a win in Boston yesterday though. 

Family: You're not watching the Jays tonight?

Me: They're playing the Yankees, probably a waste of time ... ah, what the hell, let's check the score. They're only down 3-2 in the 6th inning, maybe it could be an interesting game!

Yankees: Score 7 runs in the inning right after I decided to start watching. Now it's 10-2.

:suicide:

:shiny:

O's took 2 of 3 games this weekend against the Red Sox...

Nothing else is going on...

Aaron Sanchez is actually pitching kinda good lately, which is weird considering how bad he's been for most of the year. I thought he was cooked. And Stroman's been great lately. Some really strong starts. I hope they keep and extend Stroman. But if another team sees something in Sanchez that makes them think he could be good for them, I think the Jays should take whatever they can get for him. Not likely to happen though since he's been so bad up until, like, last week...

To the Mets? They keeping Syndergaard? 

Also the Twins lost that huge lead over the Indians. 

They blow the game today and then the trade is announced. Fucking rough. UGH.

Bo Bichette is instantly my new favourite player. The Jays have gotten way more fun to watch lately. Gonna miss Stroman though. 

So, if they all stay healthy the Astros will have Cole, Greinke and Verlander in the post season. 

They made some great additions, that's for sure!

This Jays team is seriously so fun right now. Even if they don't keep winning like this, they've got my attention. It's hard to stay interested in a bad team during the dog days of summer but I can't not watch them these days :shiny:

Every  day I get an update about Vladi Jr from my dad, so you're not alone in that one

He's finally heating up at the plate and it's so good to see. Defense is still a big question mark at 3B though. A missed catch for put out at 3B cost the team a couple runs last night... Even if he improves defensively, I doubt he sticks at 3B for too many years because he's such a big dude. But it would be nice if he could do the job for a little while before becoming a 1B/DH. They shouldn't be DHing him at all this year. Gotta see what he can do. 

Bit of a rough stretch for the Jays lately, but you can't fault them for losing to the Dodgers. LAD has too many good players - they can't fit them all in the lineup. Such a stacked team. 

Nice to see a win last night though. Bo is the best. 

Sheffield will face the Yankees with Paxton on the mound. Kinda funny the main pieces in the trader earlier in the year face off. 

So what are your thoughts about playoffs? I originally though no one would really challenge the Dodgers in the NL, but I feel the Braves could give them a tough time. Maybe the Nats/Mets could as well, just pretty much any one not from the NL Central.

I dunno man, the Dodgers are so good. Kinda hard to believe this Dodger team hasn't won a World Series...

But you're right, if anybody is going to give them a hard time then it looks like it would be the Braves (right now at least...)

I'm sad Hernandez never got to see the post-season. I'm sure Seattle doesn't resign him and not sure how many teams will take a chance on him. 

Poor Felix, what a quick decline over the last few years. I think the dude just had too many innings on his arm at a relatively young age. Over 2700 IP now at age 33. And it doesn't help that it seems he wasn't resistant to pitching different as his stuff/velo declined over the years. Look at the changes CC Sabathia had to make to pitch better once he finally realized that he couldn't just blow a fastball by guys anymore. I feel like Felix was more resistant to those types of changes.

Looks like the Twins will get the Yankees in the first round of the Playoffs. 

I expect the A's to get the first wild card and looks like Tampa might take the 2nd, but we'll see. 

NL is set, we're just waiting to see if the Brewers take the Central or not. 

Also Twins need 2 and Braves need 3, but we could have 5 100 win teams.

No exciting races this year. Too many teams that just aren't competitive.

I'll wait for everything to be set and then start making predictions :)