Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Garlic Junior

MLB 2019

I'm not sure. I feel like he's lost a lot of his shine. But I could also see another team giving him a shot.

Who you got in the Wild Card games?

Rays/A's is a total toss up to me. I think I'd bet on the Rays with Morton starting... but the A's are a bit if a mystery to me, I don't know how they keep doing this.

I think the Nats are probably the better team than the Brewers without Yelich, but I'll be cheering for the Brewers.

I'll take the A's and Nationals. 

I was keen on the Brewers, but it seems they cooled off at the end of the season. I know they already clinched by Friday, but getting swept by Colorado when they could have won the division makes me think the hot streak is gone. 

The A's and Rays should be a good game, but I want the A's to win otherwise I think the Astros will sweep the Rays. 

Yeah I don't think the Yelich-less Brewers are going anywhere sadly

Guess I was right on the Rays. Yandy Diaz is really good!

ALDS

- Rays @ Astros

- Twins @ Yankees

NLDS

- Cards @ Braves

- Nats @ Dodgers

The Rays might give Houston a run for their money, so I might actually be picking Tampa to win that one; but I'd take the home teams (Yanks, Braves, Dodgers) to win pretty comfortably in the other Division Series.

• Like 1

Twins just can't avoid the Yankees in the playoffs can they? 

Poor Twins. At least this Twins team is pretty good. That Twins team that played the Yankees in the Wild Card game a couple years ago didn't really have a hope.

Those pesky Cardinals :lurk:

I wanna pull for Paxton, but it's the Yankees...

Nice to see Atlanta even things out.

It's pretty nuts how good Verlander continues to be.

Verlander, Cole and Greinke who really wants to face those 3 guys right now? All of them been good in the last month. 

I see the Nationals are using everything they got...

• Like 1

Yankees already up 8-0 in game 2. I feel bad for the rookie the Twins started for game 2, that's a lot of pressure to be put in. Especially since he didn't get called up until August, 

Yeah, sucks for that dude. I'd never heard of him. RIP Twins.

Rip Rays. 

Looks like we have a Yankees and Astros ALCS. 

Braves couldn't close the door today, and the Rays still have a bit of life left in them. You think the Twins can win a game?

Turns out the Twins couldn't win a game :-/

Good to see the Rays beating up on Verlander early in Game 4 though. I want to see them take the DS in 5 games because I think Astros fans seem just a little too sure that they're going to win the whole thing. (I mean, Astros/Dodgers World Series is a pretty safe bet, but let's not act like we're there already...)

Yay Rays :shiny:

Couple of good pitching match ups in the deciding NLDS games today. I'm still hoping to see Braves/Dodgers, but I think the NLCS will be good no matter which teams advance.

Tampa actually won the season series vs the Astros. 

Question would be can they hang with the Yankees?

I'm starting to feel the Yankees are going to win the whole thing...

Well I guess the Braves are screwed :lol:

Well I guess the Cardinals wanted to make sure they didn't have to comeback this game. 

Wow, I really didn't see that coming. When I tuned out the Dodgers were still up 3-0. Figured they had that locked down :lol: Two surprising results yesterday. I didn't see the Dodgers losing this early. There are more players I like on the Dodgers so I would have liked to see them advance, but the Nats have their fair share of exciting players too - and the whole "better without Harper" narrative is something I find amusing.

Looks like the Cards won the season series vs. the Nats quite handily. Four of the games were played quite early in the season so they could maybe be discounted, but as recently as mid-September they took 2-of-3 against Washington. Gotta think a little longer about my NLCS pick.

Come on Rays!

I would find it hilarious if the Nationals won the World Series after Harper left. 

You think the Dodgers will make a coaching change? 

Kershaw is going to be one of the best Regular season pitchers, but chokes in the playoffs. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Dave Roberts is out of a job this winter. Might not be entirely fair, but it's always the manager who takes the blame.

re: Kershaw: He's probably due for a drop off in effectiveness any time now. Just so many innings on that arm. I'm not sure I would have gone to him in relief last night if I was calling the shots. I don't know if it will get as ugly as fast as it did with Felix, but I can't help but think Kershaw's days as a really good pitcher are numbered :-/

• Like 1

I like seeing Random stats, like that Gerrit Cole's streak of having one strikeout per inning ending after 73.

RIP Rays

I think I'm picking the Cards in the NLCS. They still got that devil magic, which I think will overpower the Nats' Wild Card magic. But maybe this is the year the Nats finally stop choking?

The Cards almost got no hit. Sanchez was good last night. 

Cards were almost no-hit again...They left their offense in Atlanta. 

I predicted Astros v Cards, and the last out being Osuna v Ozuna. Looking like Yanks v Nats though. Eurgh.

Been some crazy innings already from the DS but I just can't get into these CS yet.

You know I want Astros vs Nationals now...

The pitching match ups that series could have. 

Corbin with 10 K's through 4 innings. 

• Like 1

I really cannot believe that this is the same Anibal Sanchez that pitched in Detroit the last few years. Dude looked like he was cooked a long time ago :O.O:

I'm with you Eizan - Nats vs. Astros would be a great match-up.

Chapmans face after Altuve hit that homerun. 

I figured the Yankees were going to win after tying it in the 9th. 

I certainly don't feel bad for the Yankees :biglol: I'm probably pulling for the Nats in the WS since Houston won pretty recently, but I wouldn't be unhappy with either team winning really.

Time for the old debate of, is it better to have off-time or did they just get rusty? I think the Nats' pitchers will have all had full rest now, which is a good thing. Not sure if their hitters have lost a bit of their rhythm though.

WS starts Tuesday night! :shiny:

I was hoping for Strasburg vs Cole in game one. 

Strasburg had such an incredible start to his career, he used to be the pitcher I enjoyed watching the most. Seems like the last few years he was still good but perhaps not in the conversation for "one of the best", especially being on the same team as Scherzer, but I think Strasburg was actually the better pitcher this year and he's been great in the playoffs. Strasburg vs. Verlander will be a fun showdown too, but yeah I wanted to see Strasburg start Game 1 as well :-/

Hmm, didn't see Washington heading back home 2-0. 

I totally didn't see it coming either but I'm happy to see it! Strasburg has been so damn good.

All even now. 

Don't think Cole and Verlander will have bad games back to back, but anything can happen. 

The Nats really need to win today or I think they're toast for sure.

Scherzer getting hurt didn't help. 

Strasburg going to be pitching in one of the biggest moments of his career. Even if the Nats win, I don't think they have a pitcher for game 7. 

The Nats offense went cold once they got back home. 

I think Strasburg can win them another game

Game 7 Tonight. 

You know it's nice that it's going all the way, but really only the first game was close. 

• Like 1

Ooooh yeah, game 7 tonight! Who you got winning Eizan?

Pretty sure every game so far has been won by the away team. Kinda strange. If the Nats win it in Houston then maybe this will be the first World Series ever where every game was won by the away team.

• Like 1

I'd like to see Washington win it all. 

I do think who ever strikes first will win. 

Astros struck first, but Nats came back to win! :jumboshiny:

• Sad 1

I think Hinch should have used Cole...

The best thing that happened for the Nationals was that Yelich got hurt, no way he misses that ball if he was playing in the Wild Card game. 

• Like 1

They did the awards. I already forgot who won what :sleep:

That Astros expose on The Athletic re: sign stealing though :O.O: :popcorn: That's a pretty big blemish on the 2017 World Series win. And some of the dudes implicated are in managerial roles on other teams now :uhoh:

• ROFL 1

Read they were looking in to the Red Sox as well. 

Makes Washington winning it all seem a lot better now. 

Seriously. After all the Osuna-related stuff, it already would have left a bad taste had the Astros won this year. Would have been even worse had they won the WS and this came out.

But on the other hand, the Nationals winning was pretty damn boring.

Of all the World Series I've watched, this was one. Totally unremarkable besides the fact of the away wins imo.