Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

E3 2019

On 6/11/2019 at 4:51 AM, Nick said:

So, to anyone who'd kickstarted Shenmue 3 and was planning on getting the PC version..... hope you like the Epic Game Store. :uhoh:

I honestly just hate EPic Games at this point. I'm done with their bullshit, their shitty featureless launcher and them throwing Fortnite money around because they don't make anything else all while pretending to be doing it to make a better gaming industry. Epic Games is the definition of virtue signaling. Sure, developers getting a better cut is great but you don't just force people to but 3rd party titles on your shitty platform. Give them better options, lower prices, better sales and features. All they do is fuck gamers and while many people don't care where they play their games or about things like achievements and cloud saves, plenty of others do so Epic..yeah, that can suck a fat unkempt dick!

*logs in to get the latest free game*

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Shade Aurion said:

I honestly just hate EPic Games at this point. I'm done with their bullshit, their shitty featureless launcher and them throwing Fortnite money around because they don't make anything else all while pretending to be doing it to make a better gaming industry. Epic Games is the definition of virtue signaling. Sure, developers getting a better cut is great but you don't just force people to but 3rd party titles on your shitty platform. Give them better options, lower prices, better sales and features. All they do is fuck gamers and while many people don't care where they play their games or about things like achievements and cloud saves, plenty of others do so Epic..yeah, that can suck a fat unkempt dick!

This sums up pretty much every Epic Store hater I have seen :rotfl:

I love the idea of competition. Competition comes from competitive pricing though, not forcing people to reluctantly buy games on a lesser service (and it undoubtedly is) All the timed exclusivity does is drive sales to consoles or add 6-12 month artificial launch delays for people that want to play on a launcher that has any features at all. If it were about gamers, they'd stop buying timed exclusivity for 5 minutes and spend time matching the features of their competitors launchers. At least the big ones. Cloud saves, achievements, etc.. Those are kinda a big deal and sure, while people don't need them, technically they don't need games either ?

I haven't hated Epic from the beginning. In fact I cheered them on. But they just kept doing shadey shit and lying about stopping. It was several instances of buying timed exclusivity on kick-started projects with steam keys as part of the pledges and stretch goals that tore it for me. Literally fucking the people who helped fund games out of the platform of their choice because Epic has a hate boner for Gaben. Did Gabe fuck Tim Sweeney's wife or something or bully him in high school, because shits ridiculous. 

I was also pissed off at how they just decided there was a sale on games like the unreleased Vampire: The Masquerade 2 (among others) without telling the developers resulting in games being pulled. Not cool. 

I honestly just hope they dirt their shit out. I don't appreciate choice being taken away from me or others. It's why I really appreciate Xbox current as they're adding choice and now I'll be able to get PC Game Pass and rock that shit. 

7 hours ago, Shade Aurion said:

Bro that's not worth it.  I deleted that shit from my computer when all this bullshit started (I don't even like Fortnite anyway and that's why it was installed).  You don't need the free things and their app is a little too "scan my computer for no reason" ish for me.  :uhoh:

7 hours ago, Galeigh said:

This sums up pretty much every Epic Store hater I have seen :rotfl:

Epic Rant incoming.  I spoilered it. :rotfl:

Spoiler

You've yet to describe how someone with a store that is literally shittier in every single way is causing Steam to compete.  What are they competing over exactly?  Exclusives? :P

Why does Epic Launcher suck?

• Their store front is pathetic and "but Steam didn't have this at launch" is not an excuse when you launch a new store in 2018/2019 and don't have cloud saves or a SHOPPING CART.  It doesn't exist in a vacuum and they obviously knew these features were going to be needed since it's in their feature tracker.
  • That brings me to the next point, instead of spending money on development and launching their store when it was ready, they put out a half assed piece of shit and instead spend money on buying exclusives for their shitty store.
    • To add on to this, they're more than once bought off a Kickstarter/Early Access type title that had been promised Steam and the developers fucked everybody that wanted the game on the original promised platform.
    • They also really showed their true colors when "EGS Exclusives" turn out to be "Not on Steam" games and their whole "but 30% is too much!" really falls apart when UPlay and Microsoft store feature games that were Not Steam Exclusives.  Woops!
  • All their "supporters" claim they're making Steam compete.  How exactly?  They don't do anything better than Steam does it.  What does Steam do exactly do be better than a store that only gets games literally by paying companies off?  Are they supposed to compete by doing that?  What exactly defines a competition here?  There is literally nothing Steam can do to improve itself that stops this from happening.  That's not a competition and I don't understand why people keep claiming it does.
    image.png.31dd4d692c18f4c84b83cdc27cb190b7.png
  • They are 40% owned by a shitty Chinese company called Tencent with ties to the Chinese government and is known for making abusive shitty pay to win games in China.  Their launcher has also been caught doing questionable things on people's systems.  No thanks.

• Like 1

Still catching up on E3 news as I completely forgot about it, due big fun boat time lol. What where y'alls favorite bits?

And Epic fucked over backers again by making Shenmue 3 a timed exclusive despite steam keys being a pledge reward til crowdfunding campaign completion.
Phoenix Point, Outer Wilds, Shenmue 3, etc.. This isn't competing with Steam. This is directly fucking over the people that funded the game itself out of the platform of their choice because Epic threw some Fortnite money around after the fact. Super, super shitty..

On 6/16/2019 at 12:54 PM, Deszae said:

Still catching up on E3 news as I completely forgot about it, due big fun boat time lol. What where y'alls favorite bits?

Keanu Reeves

, Ikumi Nakamura, and Bam Bam the dog. :thumbs: 

• Like 1