• Spider-Man: Homecoming
    • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

TOP 8!!

Captain Marvel vs The Dark Knight

Avengers: Infinity War vs Wonder Woman

Captain America: The Winter Soldier vs Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1

Spider-Man: Homecoming vs Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

Hello MT.  I see you there, my doppelganger. :love:

• The Dark Knight.  Easy.  Captain Marvel was good.  The Dark Knight was fucking incredible.
  • Avengers Infinity War.  Little closer but Infinity War is just better.
  • Winter Soldier.  Now this SERIOUSLY gave me pause.  I still haven't made my mind up completely but honestly, Winter Solider is a fucking fantastic movie.  For me it was the point where the MCU said hey, we can do more than typical capeshit.  This movie was a sort of political thriller kind of movie hiding as a superhero movie.
  • Spider-Man Homecoming.  Spider-Man enters the MCU with a bang.  Guardians goes for a not as good second outing (I did still love it though and I give them fucking tons of points for taking on something as fucking weird as Ego and nailing it).
  • Shiny 1

12 minutes ago, Deimos said:

Captain Marvel vs The Dark Knight

The only match up that isn't entirely unfair. Movie I haven't seen yet vs one of the greatest MOVIES of all time, not constrained by genre or anything, just a potential GOAT.

The Dark Knight wins

Avengers: Infinity War vs Wonder Woman

I don't know. I really don't.

Infinity War felt like a bit of a walk down memory lane, a love poem to the generation that enabled geeks to inherit the earth, from Iron Man to Black Panther. 

As a movie, it started weak (Ragnarok seemed like an afterthought), picked up, ended strong. Wonder Woman was almost the opposite, a gigantic streaming piss over the memories of shit DC movies, showing what could have been, starting strong, gaining strength and ending weak.

I give the slightest nod to Wonder Woman with my tried-and-tested method of if both came on TV right now, I'd be more likely to rewatch WW today. But it's the thinnest of margins.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier vs Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1

The movie they couldn't make (GOTG) which turned out to be good, vs the movie that was expected to be good and turned out phenomenal.

Winter Soldier to me is the Marvel movie that really showcased that these could be great standalone films, while GOTG strangely gained pop culture reverence. But, I can't help feel that without Winter Soldier, not as many people would have sparked the fire that became GOTG's mainstream love. So the nod goes to the trailblazer.

Spider-Man: Homecoming vs Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

Homecoming. I feel I need to rewatch GOTG2 a few times, but as much as I loved the character work from the original cast, and I think THEY did their stuff better than the first, fuck I just can't suspend my disbelief for Ego and his planet eating bullshit. It's a step too far.

Homecoming was good, but gotg 2 had me fucking crying in the theater. No contest there. 

Mary Poppins will never die :crying:

Heavy hitters are really taking out the popcorn this round

Y'all still wrong about Infinity War though, that film was way overbloated and had serious narrative pacing issues. I guess this bothers me more than it does most...