Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Downshift

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

image.thumb.png.5287da759cb1eab95c5bd39418723767.png

Launched Dec 7th, 2018 for Nintendo Switch

Been a huge hit so far, already selling 12 million copies as of this topic posting. That puts it in the Top 50 of all best selling Nintendo games of all time - less than 6 months into its lifespan. Shouldn't be too long before it surpasses Brawl's 13 million copies for the best selling Smash Bros title.

Who plays this?

Who do you main?

Do you think you're any good?

What controller do you use?

Why won't Webhead with us play anymore?

Who plays:  I do occasionally.

Main:  Right now, I've gone back to using Marth a little more but We Like Ike still so he's still probs my main.  I need to experiment more since everything is different now.

Any Good:  Honestly I suck shit right now because I don't play enough.

What controller:  Gamecube.  I might try and see if I can git gud with the Pro controller though.

Why don't I play:  I have a baby and the little bit of precious time I have in between naps and shit is basically never when you guys are playing. :rotfl:

I can post on the forum while I'm holding her.  Can't play Smash that way without getting my ass beat down. :rotfl:

I was wondering how long it would take for this topic to show up :rotfl:

Who do you main?  Used to be Marth and Ness, but I'm slowly phasing out Marth in favor of Samus(former secondary).  I have a solid roster of about 8 characters, though.

Do you think you're any good? If you put me up against a top tier competitive player, I'm probably crushed in moments.  Put me up against your average competitive player, and I will usually at least give them a fight.  But I'm better than most casuals.

What controller do you use? Dual Joycon, mostly so no one else can complain about not using the pro controller.  I'd probably use Gamecube if I had one.

Who do you main?

Zelda will always be my main and she's a bit better this time around but still trash compared to everyone else. She really shines in group Free-For-Alls though.

Samus is supposed to be really super terribad in this game but I just don't see it. I can still do most everything I could do with her in Smash4 only she seems more well rounded. She has the tools in her kit to deal with every form of opponent, even the small rushdown types.

Started playing Greninja and Palutena as per suggestions I got.

Palutena is basically just a faster Zelda that can actually initiate offense once in awhile. Greninja is the only fast rushdown character I can somewhat control without killing myself all the time and he's actually pretty fun. As of right now though, they're both either too fast or too technical for me to be super good with them, but they do have potential.

I dropped Mewtwo and Lucario since Smash4. Mewtwo might get fixed in a patch probably, but Lucario is gone forever. Such a far cry from what he was in Brawl. RIP

I can usually hold my own against average players, but I'm nowhere near unlocking Elite Smash and I get rocked by anyone who goes to tourneys.

Single Joycon, usually the Left one. I can use any controller tho.

Because everyone moved away and this game is best played with friends in person. Also, this game makes him mad AF, even when he wins, and he probz doesn't want to throw babby thru the wall.

Who do you main?

I haven't really settled on anyone yet, but I'm leaning towards Roy, with Duckhunt as a left field pick.

Nah. I think I'm better than I was at Brawl, but nowhere near what I was with Melee. Splatoon eats up pretty much all my gaming time, so I'm entirely casual with Smash.

Joycons with the grip. We actually pre-ordered a Gamecube adaptor from Nintendo, but it still hasn't arrived... :-/

Anyway, yeah, I like the game. Definitely a step in the right direction (I didn't enjoy Brawl that much). I mean, Piranha Plant alone is enough to make it worth playing.

Who do you main?

Always Diddy until very recently when I realized he's just not as quick as he used to be.  I've permanently switched over to Inkling, who has the speed and agility of past Diddys.  I can compete somewhat with Yoshi.  Olimar and Jigglypuff are my left-field picks.

I'm not tournament-level yet but I can compete with anyone that I know in my personal life. 

Gamecube controller setup is da best.

Got sick of losing to me and Downshift, tbh.

• ROFL 1

Have we even played? :rotfl:

This trash talking mofo.

Dat fuckin hero. I was laughing my ass off testing him out last night. 

Hatch Man is probably my favorite down special. 

Oomph + psyche up is scary as fuck, especially if you land a full charged smash with it (116% dmg from 0 when I tested it)

My daughter got Smash for Christmas and now that we've both finished off Pokemon Sword/Shield, we've moved on to playing Smash a bit more. I'm kinda getting back into it again :lurk: Like, I won't put nearly as many hours into it as I did Melee back in the day, but I'm having fun. I still haven't unlocked my man Pac-Man yet, so I've mostly been playing Little Mac since he's another favourite of mine. Too many characters to try them all - and I haven't even picked up the DLC yet.