Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

[SPOILERS] Marvel Studios' Moon Knight (Disney+ 2022)

Just realized I never made an actual topic for it. 

Ep. 1

Pretty good setup ep, some interesting action, definitely had me wondering what's going on. I'm not too familiar with Moon Knight's villains, so I know nothing about whomever Ethan Hawke is supposed to be. The hints of Khonshu were neat, I wonder when we'll actually get a full reveal.  I also thought the voice Marc/Steven was hearing sounded a lot like Tom Hardy doing his Bane voice, lol. The one thing i'm not too sold on is how his costume seems to just form around him. Maybe that's in some version of the character I haven't read?

MT in answer to the latter

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bcca8258e0a187462d5a41d07d4f84e0.png

My thoughts

Spoiler

That hole ep had be pretty much on edge.
THE GLASS IN THE SHOES
Ethan Hawk is a fantastic actor. I love him in pretty much almost everything he does (The Purge def was meh for him)
Also know nothing about Moon Knight so I'm making a half ass guess that Marc made a deal with the Egyptian God (I'm guessing Thoth since it's a Bird like appearance) to fight against Ammit. How Steven falls into this I'm not sure but I was told that he's bi-polar? Or skitso?
Didn't think I could see gunman shoot with shittier aim than a Star Trooper but whelp.
Is that museum the same one that was in the Eternals movie?

I'm super excited to see where this goes and sad we only have 5 eps left.

Spoiler

"I'm gonna gtfoutta here! Yea I'm sure Khonshu is gonna have words about that.
"I feel like I'm riding with a Victorian Duchess" :rotfl:
So we have a wifu now!
I can't help but feel so bad for Steven right now.
Oh fuck fuck fuck the cops found Marc's bag!
The cops are with the cult group aren't they?

OH SHI---!
CALLED IT THAT THEY WERE PART OF THE CULT
KHONSHU SMASH!!
Why do I feel like this guy tried to be his avatar before? Is that why he switched to team Amet?
WIFU KNOWS ABOUT THE SAILOR MOON SUIT!
Tuxedo Moon???
FUCK HE'S GOT THE SCARAB
FLASH FORWARD TO EGYPT!

Ep 2 was fun

Can we just make this a spoilers topic at this point?  I don't want to deal with spoiler tags.

Everyone cool with that?

Also how is no one else posting about this but you, Slix??

• Like 3

There was a new discord channel made for it so I've been talking there lol.

• Like 1

Pretty much this. I post in Discord first and then for bumps sake post here. I try to keep the threads alive somehow :sweat:

Yeh, pretty much most of the discussion is in the Discord

Fucking cliffhangers :(

No shit. But as mentioned in the discord, very surprised to see this particular goddess in that weird mental ward palace that they somehow got stuck in. Like seriously wtf first he's shot and now they're in a weird mind asylum. What happened from A to B?

Also who wants to bet who the one stuck in the 3rd sarcophagus is? :lurk:

The asylum is all in his mind

So afterlife. Okay. I can get behind that.

I really liked this ep. Just damn that was a helluva good backstory drop. Just holy crap.
So now Stephen is frozen in sand. Whelp. I wonder what all they're going to pack into the last ep next week?

Osiris is a cunt, that is all.

• Like 1

Man, that final episode was *chef kiss*

Can't say I expected to see a kaiju battle between two gods. When they showed the unopened/shaking casket (on the previously on section), I was waiting the whole episode for Jake to finally show up, and was somewhat disappointed when he didn't, even though they heavily hinted at it in that final battle. It also surprised me that Khonshu agreed to give up Marc and Steven so easily (as in the comics, Khonshu is a bit of a dick), I thought for sure he'd say "nah, I don't want to do that any more", but they way they handled it was fucking awesome. Soon as I saw the hat on Jake, I knew what was up. My only complaint is that I wish we could've seen some of those earlier scenes for when Jake took over without both Steven and Marc knowing.

Edited by MT

As SOON as he said he'd let "both" of them go, I was like "But not the other one! :koffing:" I knew we'd see Jake SOMEWHERE before the end after that. Would have been cool to see the fight near the end instead of just the aftermath, but it was a good callback to Steven first learning about Marc so I wasn't too upset about it. I was kind of iffy on some of the middle episodes and started to feel like the writing was failing the show a bit, but those last 2 episodes REALLY made up for it.

Yeah, that's why I wasn't really posting about the other episodes. I was enjoying them, but not like I was some of the other Disney+ stuff, but the last episode for sure made up for it.

• Like 1

The first half was kind of boring and the last half suddenly kicked into high gear.  I feel like the first 3 episodes could have been like 1 episode and they just wasted a bunch of time.

Overall I did definitely enjoy the show.  That after credits scene did some VERY heavy lifting and finally just clicked it all into place (like what a complete piece of shit Khonshu actually is lol).

I felt the Khonshu/Amet battle could have been a little better other than "make them kaiju battle it out" as MT pointed out. But overall I enjoyed it. Especially the end.
I'm still curious af about the relationship between Harrow and Khonshu which I hope they get into a bit next season. But I'm totes pleased with the show overall.

Apparently there are currently no plans for another season. When the put the trailer out for the last episode out originally, it said "Series Finale" (it got pulled shortly after and replaced with "Season Finale"), and all the main actors/actresses have said they were only signed for 1 season and there were no plans given for another. Most seem willing to do more though so that's something at least.

I personally liked the first couple episodes, 3 & 4 were where it got rough for me.

I'm not sure I actually believe that.  I feel confident they are planning a season 2.  Guess we'll see.  The fact they changed it from series to season makes me actually just think they fucked up lol.

Dude there's still so much they could go with on a 2nd season though right? It doesn't feel like a series that would be stand alone with 1 season.