Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Spring Anime 2022

Winter Season is coming to a close in a couple weeks. And i'm excited for the lineup for Spring season for some of the shows.
PT 2 OF KOMI SAN FIRST OFF!!!! EEEE~!
Shield Hero S2 FINALLY
Love is War:Ultra Romantic- I actually started watching this from out of season anime on Hulu, and oddly enough, I thought it was super funny and cute so I wanna see where S2 leads.

There's some things here I've been seeing advertised in Netflix and some not. I'll share trailers of the ones that interest me in following posts.
Bubbles being one of them:

Spoiler

Summer Time Render DEFINITELY has my attention for a possible mystery thriller

Spoiler

Spy x Family looks fun

Spoiler

The Executioner and Her Way of Life might be good

Spoiler

Tomodachi Game looks interesting but I couldn't find a trailer for that one. There might be a couple others I'll glance at but these ones for sure.

https://anichart.net/Spring-2022

Every anime watcher on this board is legally required to watch Spy x Family or I will personally ban you

• Shiny 1
  • ROFL 3

52 minutes ago, Anelle said:

Every anime watcher on this board is legally required to watch Spy x Family or I will personally ban you

• ROFL 1

Dude i said it looks fun! I may not be heavy into manga as much as i'd like to like you but it looks good. And it's something different to take a break from some a lot of the more trending genre's right now. 

Definitely Komi-san 2 and Spy x Family, also Dance Dance Danseur!

A solid maybe is Summer Render, as the trailer I saw for it intrigued me.

On a side note I had NO idea they were doing a Tiger & Bunny season 2. :P

I have been curious about Tiger&Bunny but it's another mecha, and most of the time i feel like i get just as burnt out of that genre as i am starting to with the isekai's. But then some do tend to turn out well so that one has been on my backburner list to possibly watch. 

I'll be watching Spy × Family for sure. And I'll probably pick up Shield Hero again since I watched the first part of it. Can't say I remember all that much about it though :lol: 

As for everything else: I'll wait and see what's going to be available on Cruncyroll before I decide what I might check out.

Trailer finally popped up for Tomodachi Game, a bit scattered but overall you get the jist and it may turn out better than the trailer shows. 

On 3/14/2022 at 4:16 PM, Lucy said:

On a side note I had NO idea they were doing a Tiger & Bunny season 2. :P

I was browsing Netflix last night and apparently there's a movie too :sweat:

2nd Trailer for Summer Time Render

We gor Groundhogs Day and Dopplegangers peeps!

• Like 1

Okay, I know I'm going to most likely enjoy The Executioner and Her Way of Life. It is technically an isekai but it's taking a different spin on it which I'll put into spoiler just in case. But I feel like this one is going to be a good one.

Spoiler

So the it starts with someone getting summoned into another world and then promptly booted from said castle he was summoned from.
Kid then meets Menou. Who is a priestess of the Church of Faust. Where he then learns that summoning people from other worlds or as they name them, "Lost Ones" are more common than you think, to the point to where since many Lost Ones are from Japan, a lot of their influence of their world has been adapted to this world. Which then leads more about learning about the 3 Class system of this world Commoners/Noblesse/Church and that it's actually taboo for Lost Ones to be summoned but Noblesse tend to break this taboo for whatever selfish reasons. And it's the Church's job to take care of those Lost Ones whether it's helping them get a job or have *some* means of taking care of themselves in this world based on what power a Lost One gains when they are summoned to this world.
Sometimes the powers are handy. Sometimes they are dangerous.
When Menou learns this kid's power is one of the dangerous ones, she promptly and swiftly kills him. Which is part of the minions of the Church's duties as well.
Basically they either help Lost Ones adapt, or assassinate them depending on just how dangerous a Lost One's power is to keep the peace.

There's more to this episode but this is the basic jist you need and I'm looking forward to how this story goes.

WEDNESDAY IS SHIELD HERO DAY!

Okay def gonna give Tomodachi Game a couple more eps because of that wth moment at the last minute of the ep. Like I may like this one overall but just dude. What?

damnit i went to try and watch shield hero and i don't remember enough details, i'm gonna have to go do a recap summary read or just rewatch season one

watched tomodachi game, i used to keep up with the manga but fell off of it a while back, so i'm hazy on a lot of stuff there but so far it seems like it could be a fun adaptation

• Like 1

I might be able to fill in gaps or worst case. Find a summary video on youtube because you know there's gonna be one in there somewhere. The only part I'm hazy on is Rissia (Fueh? girl) But it's pretty simple to tie that one together for the most part. RAFTALIA IS BACK!

I was really struggling earlier to remember literally anything about Shield Hero :lolgrin: But as I watched the new episode, most of the important details came back to me. 

The other heroes are still losers—nothing has changed there!

I forgot how likable characters like Raphtalia and Filo were. 

There they go with the slave business again… :-/ 

Should be a fun adventure taking in this tortoise thing.

• Like 1

I randomly checked out Deaimon: Recipe for Happiness last night. Could be a sweet (pun intended) little slice of life story. The first episode definitely had enough going for it that I’ll stick with it a bit longer. 

Another random thing I checked out on Crunchyroll last night: Miss Shachiku and the Little Baby Ghost. It had some cuteness and charm. I would describe it as sort of like Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, just not quite as good. Shachiku, a 'corporate slave' who's getting over-worked and pulling long hours at the office, meets a little ghost who's trying to scare her away from the office because she doesn't want Shachiku to work herself to death. I might watch another episode.

So far I'm liking the feel of Dance Dance Dansuer. Animation is solid for those flowing movements.

Shikimori's not just a cutie is essentially when you're a dom and you found your bottom. :sweat: I may have to add this to my list after another episode.

I watched a bit of Shikimori last night but it wasn't really doing anything for me.

Yea i may give it another ep or two, (mainly because I see the hints of some darker story tones in the opening) but it was pretty unimpressive for an opening.

After the second episode, I think I can safely say that Deaimon is a winner. Feel-good slice of life with some fun, likable characters, and a really nice style. It’s great all around. Check it out! :thumbs:

Pretty much nothing happened in this week’s episode of Shield Hero :ugh:

Shield Hero was very light hearted GOT feel for a chunk of it. It felt similar to the long drags of AoT in between big stuff scenes.

Spoiler

I mean sure you still have to figure out how to take out the Spirit Tortoise but they probable wasted too much air time on that war Allies council.
I don't the Familiar-Spy-Lady Consort has the effect of a big info reveal as they probably hoped it would in the story along with her "intel" on the Spirit Tortoise.

So Summertime Render doesn't waste time in the cray cray.

Spoiler

We either have an experimental doppleganger or a supernatural shape shifter.
Ushio knew something was up so it's why she gave Shin the ability to reverse time.
Cop is sus
EVERYONE WILL BE SUS

Executioner and her Way of Life ep3

Spoiler

Well the gem was more threatening before it became a globby knight
Akari's power sure is tricky. I honestly wonder how she wants to use this versus the nobles who summoned her were possibly going to use her for once they knew she had this power?

Tomodachi Game is getting darker here.

Spoiler

Although I am a bit surprised that they are already revealing who the douche in the group so soon. But there might be more to the storyline coming up depending on how many eps this finished.
I also appreciated the warning of content.

On 3/30/2022 at 2:49 AM, Tassifox said:

2nd Trailer for Summer Time Render

We gor Groundhogs Day and Dopplegangers peeps!

YES GOOD!!!! :jumboshiny:

I am 200% gonna watch that, that is my JAM. Looks like the first ep is out so I'll watch that soon

• Shiny 1

Spoiler

35cd93a8db4563bfb4b39c8d0e149515.jpg

• ROFL 1

finally remembered to watch a recap and get started on shield hero season 2 

today is really high pain level day so i'm just gonna ramble through thoughts lol

ep 1

Spoiler
  • ngl i completely forgot Rishia existed even with the recap
  • am I remembering wrong? I thought the other heroes kinda like... learned a bit of a lesson in the first season but they seem to immediately act like cunts so ??????? I thought they'd at least be slightly less so
  • it's a different flavor of cuntiness tho i guess i dunno
  • it's fine Naofumi is also a cunt
  • "slavery is a good thing actually" -Raphtalia
  • anime is stupid and i hate that i love it
  • i like how all these familiars have the tortoise shells
  • tortoise bats
  • i wish filo was always in bird form because she's so cute and fluffy
  • damn already breaking out angy shield

ep 2

Spoiler
  • this OP song is kinda weird
  • I'M BORED
  • THIS IS BORING
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • just let filo eat it
  • oh my god filo costume
  • lol "just fuck 'im"

ep 3

Spoiler
  • attack on tortoise amirite loloollrweagbazdswdv
  • lol get gravitied 
  • lol oops get fuckin' magic missled I guess damn
  • let filo eat the severed head lol
  • lol of course they haven't defeated it

• ROFL 1

Watching the last couple episodes, I find myself wondering what it was I liked about the first season of Shield Hero… :lol: :thinking2:

Deaimon: Recipe for Happiness is something I am legitimately enjoying though! Feel-good slice of life goodness. The 3rd episode introduced a new character, she’s cool. I pretty much like all the characters so far. 

@Psycho666Soldier Wait......since when did Disney+ put anime in their shit other than Studio Ghibli? When did I miss that? I 2nd Lu's statement of pirating since that's how I'm streaming majority of my anime that isn't on hulu and Netflix is stupid timeline of anime release dates.

@Lucy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Summertime Render ep 2!!!!

Spoiler

WE HAVE CONFIRMED DOPPLEGANGER WHICH ALSO MAKES MORE FUCKING DOPPLEGANGERS! HOLY FUCK.

• Shiny 1

Pirating was the plan.  It's just a bit more inconvenient because I know my girlfriend would love to check it out(she's the one that got me into Higurashi), and so I'll have to find somewhere to download it, then copy it to a flash drive, and blah.  Minor inconvenience, just sucks we can't just pop up an app and watch right away.  Otherwise I'd just watch it myself on gogo or kiss.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dr. b said:

Watching the last couple episodes, I find myself wondering what it was I liked about the first season of Shield Hero… :lol: :thinking2:

I think the problem I'm having with the Shield Hero is that I'm kind of losing interest now that Naofumi has been pretty much redeemed. 

1 hour ago, Eizan said:

I think the problem I'm having with the Shield Hero is that I'm kind of losing interest now that Naofumi has been pretty much redeemed. 

That’s a good point. He kind of accomplished one of his most important goals already. Though I suppose he still needs to get the other heroes more on-board with his agenda still. That’s not as compelling of a plot line though. 

Atm no it's not. While a couple of the other Heros are wanting to feign giving Naofumi the benefit of a doubt. They are still very much treating this experience as a game as Naofumi has pointed out and currently have their own agendas.
Now being more or less redeemed by the Kingdom at least, Naofumi's focus it trying to get home and currently has other hurdles preventing that. I feel like they teased with those other warriors in S1 and are barely going to even dive deeper into that depending on how long this season will be.

Another sleep inducing episode of Shield Hero this week :asleep:

shald haro

Spoiler

honestly I enjoyed this shield hero ep more than the others, I'd rather go into more lore about stuff like the turtle and the other heroes than have GRAND BIG BATTLEEEEE right away but it was still just.... ok at best lol

Spoiler

I agree on getting to know more on the lore since I feel that's what their focus is gonna start heading towards but their method of handling it is poor and the fact that -now- it's only possibly going to start getting interesting now that we have run into the other "alt" warriors as I'm going to call them and Glass being with them who, if I recall, she was fighting Naofumi and the others before. It has been a very slow build up with the hook on this season which might bring their popularity down a bit which is sad.

Meanwhile, I want to like Shikimori, I feel like they're hiding something deeper or darker in that storyline especially after this last episode. But......it's really not keeping me in with all the rest of stuff.

Love is War S3 is still keeping on strong with the laughs.

Summertime Render this week wasn't quite as heart stopper as last weeks. But still a good one.

Spoiler

Got figured out that the kid was a Shadow too. Does that mean that one of the other Shadows (if there was more than 1 at the time) was the distraction while Ushio was killed?
Sheriff is safe....for the moment.
Excellent point made about the Shadows and what clothes they wear. It would make sense if they don't have the ability to mimmik any type of clothes other than the one the Person is wearing when they "Snap" the image for the Shadow.
Dat Ushio has got to be a Shadow, because she's supposed to be dead and this one is still wearing the swimsuit. Gotta be a Shadow.

Summertime Render is the shit this season

Episode 3

That's gotta be Ushio's shadow, right? He's def dead again.

One of my friends has a theory that Shinpei and his shadow merged together. One of them dies and the other goes back in time each loop. Also he's talking to himself as if he's two separate people.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about giving Summertime Render a look... it was one of the few shows that caught my eye on the Spring AniChart before the season... but the Disney+ thing is a bit of a nuisance... also MAL says it will be 25 episodes and I don't know if I want to commit to that... probably going to start watching it soon anyways :lurk: :lolgrin: 

OK so I was not paying attention to anything about Summertime Rendering other than knowing it'd have stellar animation and that I'd want to watch it, literally went in only on that and i was NOT EXPECTING THIS I AM ALL IN TIME FOR MORE

• Shiny 2

I forget you avoid trailers for legit reasons so I totally get why it would throw you in. It did NOT waste time getting you hooked in, if not by the first episode then def the 2nd.

On 5/3/2022 at 6:04 PM, Vic Boss said:
  Hide contents

That's gotta be Ushio's shadow, right? He's def dead again.

One of my friends has a theory that Shinpei and his shadow merged together. One of them dies and the other goes back in time each loop. Also he's talking to himself as if he's two separate people.

That is an interesting theory and makes me question with this in mind.

Spoiler

We see that Ushio did "something" to Shinpei when she touched him in the beginning that messed with his eyesight at first. Thinking nothing of it at first other than "oh shit's gonna get weird for him now" It might also explain why Shinpei has 2 slightly different shades of his eye color if his Shadow is in him.

With your friend's theory, Does that mean Ushio knew about the Shadows and the thing she was giving Shinpei a means of being able to see more and have an ability to fight the Shadows. Most likely the ability to time loop?
Ushio requests Shinpei to take care of Mio when she gives his "gift". Whether or not it's the real Ushio or not at the time, DID she have knowledge that Mio's shadow already existed and was after Mio already?
Is Ushio that gave Shinpei the "gift" the -REAL- Ushio before she died OR is she Shadow Ushio?
If she's Shadow Ushio does that mean that this particular Shadow wants to defeat the other Shadows in whatever their plot is?

Fuck the more I type this out, more questions pop into my head!
What IS the Shadows plot here?
Is there more than 1 Shadow every time Shinpei loops back to the beginning? Or just one that changes their image based on what pic they "snap"? The only time we see more than 1 Shadow together is when Shadow Mio creates Shadow Sheriff. We haven't seen more than 1 together at any other time.
Why do they call it Shadow Disease on this island instead of a Shadow Curse or something similar? Because this sounds more like an urban legend when they talk about it and the way the OP/ED creds give off in a vibe on vs a disease.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS WEEKS EP

Shield Hero this week got a little more action-y but I feel like we still didn't get any actual good info on wtf is going on other than introducing new villain from the same world that the Other World Heros came from. And they were pretty much a one hit note in this ep from returning.

@Anelle @Vic Boss @Lucy SUMMERTIME RENDER THIS WEEK

Spoiler

- We now confirm there are multiple Shadows!
-She is Shadow Ushio! BUT WHAT?! TRAITOR SHADOW!?
-WHO THE FUCK IS MOTHER AND WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN WHEN SHE AWAKENS
-FUCK FUCK FUCK WE HAVE SHADOW SHINPEI!!! FUCK FUCK FUCK
-THEY CAN UPDATE THEIR SNAPSHOTS!

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCK FUCK!

Executioner just took it back up a notch in this weeks ep. Fucking HELL.

I saw a comment about it earlier that had me howling, I think it was on the nyaa torrent I was using "Higurashi finally got good animation"

I'm so into this, it's so hard to resist going to binge the manga because I wanna ride this out and react with everyone but hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH [insert jizz react here because i forgot to add it to the normal emoticon list]

• ROFL 1
  • Jizz lol 2

RESIST NELLE! RESIST THE MANGA! It'll be a hard 21 episodes left BUT I BELIEVE IN YOU!

Caught up through episode 3

Spoiler

It's really hard not to compare this to Higurashi because of the similarities, but I like that we're moving a little quickly through whatever this loop is.  I also like that they seem to be hinting at the possibility of Shinpei being able to be at multiple places at once through the timeline.  They also have clearly hinted at his shadow already existing, or maybe him even already being the shadow, so is that the case?  Is his out of body experience actually his control of his shadow or something weird?

I'm also a bit confused by the flash.  From what I remember, the first time we see it, it's used to make the cop's body disappear.  But if that's the case, why did it happen when Shadow Shiori confronted Shinpei?  My first thought was maybe somehow the shadow replaced Shiori at the funeral or something, but is the flash maybe a way they appear as well?  I guess something we'll find out more of later(maybe even in the next episode for all I know).

One thing I love is how this is designed to make you doubt who's real and who's not.  And did the end of the episode mean Ushio is alive?  Or was that Ushio's shadow?  Or is he just able to see her spirit?  What's the deal?

Animation and music and dope.  I'm in it to win it unless this series takes a really stupid dumb turn that makes the rest not worth it.  But I have high hopes so far.

Dude so close to being caught up I want to scream all the things at you to those questions but I know they'll be (mostly) answered soon enough. HGNNNNNNNN

Summertime Rendering Episode 4

Spoiler

Whatever's going on, I want to say Shinpei's a fucking idiot for not just telling Mio and everyone.  Especially when she called.  Keeping a secret is gonna make them doubt you, and yeah it's crazy and unbelievable and she could be a shadow, but it feels like they should be working on it together (This is of course assuming things are at least somewhat as they seem and it's not gonna turn out that the real Ushio is fine and everyone else is a shadow or some weird shit).

Shinpei...is a shadow?  A shadow took him over?  It's been that way this whole time?  Ok, rewind, cool.  I hope Shinpei isn't like the bad guy in actuality.  I believe in his pure protagonist heart!

Ok, so, Shadow Ushio is a good shadow?  And the flashes are when they copy people, and that doesn't have to involve killing them.  That makes sense.  And catching on to the looping and trying to prevent that is such a good twist that keeps it from being a "Welp, he died, let's see if he can get it right this time" every single time he runs into a shadow.  Cool stuff.

• Shiny 1