Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dr. b

AOTS Winter 2021

Haven't done this in a while :lurk:

What is your pick for Anime of the Season, Winter 2021, and why? If you can't pick just one, then give us your shortlist. 

I mean, I feel like my selection of shows this season hasn't been nearly as wide as everyone else, but of my sample size, I'd say Higurashi Gou all day.

As a diehard When They Cry series fan I'd have to say Higurashi Gou just because of my genuine excitement for it each week and how excited I've been for it for so long

That said though, I was very pleasantly surprised by Wonder Egg Priority! I'm very very keen on seeing ep 12. 

Horimiya has also been just....lovely. A pleasure to watch each week. It's something I'd gladly recommend to just about anyone because it's just...refreshing and fun.

Pretty much agreed on Nelle's list. 👍

This season I watched (in no special order)

• Neverland
  • Dr. Stone
  • Jujutsu Kaisen
  • Back Arrow
  • SK8
  • Horimiya
  • Attack on Titan
  • Kemono Jihen
  • Wonder Egg Priority

The final season of Attack on Titan has been really cool to see animated, but I would not say it's anime of the season. It might actually be a toss up between Horimiya and WEP for AOTS for me. Every week, I've looked forward more and more to these shows. Though I won't pretend like I haven't been looking forward to Attack on Titan every week too. WEP has been pretty messed up at times, and the subject matter is pretty heavy, but it's been very compelling. And Horimiya is just a fun and enjoyable, feel-good, kinda show.

I'll give an honourable mention to SK8, which is by no means a life-changing great anime, but it's fun and I love the enthusiasm for skateboarding in this show. Lots of feel-good vibes every Saturday when I watch Horimiya and SK8 back-to-back :nod: I'll miss both of them

Jujutsu Kaisen is also high on my list but I thought it started in fall so i didn't list it

I don't think I would differentiate between new series and continuations when thinking about AOTS. This part of Jujutsu Kaisen was pretty darn good. I think the episodes that aired during the Winter season were stronger than what it start with in the Fall. 

That's a good point. Slap Jujutsu Kaisen up on my "absolutely recommend" and "keeps me excited every week" categories then!

• Like 1

Dr Stone - Stone Wars was probably the most consistently good of anything I watched this season. Close by was JuJutsu Kaisen for the action and characters (still not big on the overall plot) and Yuru Camp for the COMF