Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Spring Anime 2021

6 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

Reveal hidden contents

The joke I always make with these chill shows is "Oh god, they're gonna get hit by a car and it'll turn horrible" and now they're actually doing that with Shii-chama ;_;

(TBH the perfect ending for this series would be in Shii got her first Cub too)

oh yeah, for sure, they’ll rescue Shii and after that scare they’ve got to get her a Cub. Reiko will know what model of Cub is just right for Shii. Make it happen!

Vinyl I'm surprised there's still an ep left, I thought for some reason the 12th ep was the last unless that was a weird ending to leave off if not have 1 more ep. 

Shadows House-

Spoiler

Yes! Riverrafting! And just at the deadline finish!

Wait....why is Shirley disappearing?! Is it because they didnt make it or something else? WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO RUM?!?!?

OOH! More shadows!

So Lord Grandfather drugs the possible risky dolls that would influence new masters.

Holy shit so the Dolls are more "human" than the Shadows?!?!

Wtf is so big about the 3rd Floor?

Nuuuuuuuu no more Sunshine!!!

Definitely a better episode of Shadows House this week. The debut really dragged, I’m glad we’re moving on now. 

23 hours ago, little birdy said:

Dynazenon #11 — Fantastic episode :shiny: This might now be my front runner for anime of the season. 

Nope, I was wrong yesterday, while SSSS.Dynazenon has been very good, Vivy is AOTS :shiny: I’m gonna be sad when it ends next week :crying:

86 episode 10 was pretty damn great. It had some beautiful moments. Only one episode left! :uhoh:

Dynazenon 11

I like how they faked us out with everyone moving on with their lives and maybe the final showdown would be like a fistfight or something but NOPE

Anybody else watching Odd Taxi? You’re missing out if you aren’t. Episode 11 was a bit of a bombshell. I’m excited for the final two episodes. 

Super Cub #11 -- What a feel-good episode :heart: Final episode next week :crying2:

To really get Shii back on track with her Italian bar plans, I think we need to get her a Vespa. Cubs are cool and all, but she's all about the Italian stuff. Make it happen in the final episode!

Koguma should have brought a blanket for Shii to wrap herself up in after she pulled her out of the river... It would be super cold riding home on the Cub -- up front, in front of the windshield -- in the cold weather, in wet clothes... :cold:

4 hours ago, little birdy said:

Super Cub #11 -- What a feel-good episode :heart: Final episode last week :crying2:

Reveal hidden contents

To really get Shii back on track with her Italian bar plans, I think we need to get her a Vespa. Cubs are cool and all, but she's all about the Italian stuff. Make it happen in the final episode!

Koguma should have brought a blanket for Shii to wrap herself up in after she pulled her out of the river... It would be super cold riding home on the Cub -- up front, in front of the windshield -- in the cold weather, in wet clothes... :cold:

...LAST week?

Pretty sure that says "next week" :lurk: 

Some shows coming to an end this weekend: Back Arrow, SSSS.Dynazenon, Vivy, and 86 all wrap up today/tomorrow.

Super Cub 11

;_____;

TFW Koguma will never warm you up on a cold winter night

(She didn't even give Shii her helmet even though she has a windshield :rotfl: )

Dynazenon Finale

Man, that kaiju laugh

Why does Koyomi look like a supervillain with his hair cut

Goldburn Tattoo

Oh hey, unlike in Gridman, the people here do remember the Kaiju

What a nice ending :')

I guess next up for Studio Trigger is a Cyberpunk neftlix anime

The final episode of SSSS.Dynazenon was fantastic. 10/10. 5 stars. I could not have asked for more. Everything about it was great :shiny: We officially have a new front runner for AOTS! But I also have super high hopes for the final episode of Vivy, so we’ll see how I feel tomorrow. Spring 2021 has been a very solid season. 

The final episode of Back Arrow was a fuckin’ mess :fup: :rotfl: I appreciate how they’re just doing anything they want with this show, but the final episode could have been better thought out. Like, a lot better. Oh well :lol:

Final episode of Vivy was really good too!

Loved the song, that whole sequence

:love2:

Vivy :salute:

Matsumoto :salute:

The cut to credits was a bit abrupt, but I guess she had to just shutdown like that after the job was done. 

All in all, a nice happy ending

I’m gonna save TWEWY for next weekend and watch the final two episodes together :nod:

Shadows House

Spoiler

THEY FUXJING KIDNAP THE VILLAGE KIDS FOR THEIR DOLLS TO MAKE SHADOWS

WTF

The finale of 86 was… OK? There were stronger episodes than this one. Seems like there will be another season eventually. This was kind of a non-ending. 

Shadows House #11 was quite a bit more interesting than the last several episodes — I’m actually really looking forward to the next episode!

Odd Taxi has been a wild ride. I love how it’s all coming together. Only one episode left. Binge watch it to get caught up for next Monday!

Super Cub #12

*chef’s kiss*

Pretty much a perfect finish. 

Why don’t I live in Japan and tour the country on my Super Cub with my awesome friends

:crying:

Super Cub 12

Little Cub :')

2 hours ago, little birdy said:

Hide contents

Why don’t I live in Japan

:crying:

The pain is real

6 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

The pain is real

Re-watching Golden Boy usually gets me the worst. To be a freeter, travelling Japan on my trusty bicycle, doing odd jobs, getting into all kinds of wacky situations... what a life :rip: Super Cub got pretty close to that same feel though :sigh: 

They are really jumping bits of the story in the reboot Shaman King vs the original series. At this rate with it only being at ep 13 it makes me wonder what they would be doing for thr stretch since the reboot is going for 52 eps. 🤔

I’m glad we got a seemingly happy ending from TWEWY, but it didn’t make a ton of sense to me in the end. It’s a video game story. That’s just the way it goes sometimes. 

• Like 1

Episode 12 of Shadows House was pretty good, I thought, but it seems that some fans of the manga are not super impressed with how it is deviating from the manga. I don’t think it’s fair to blame CloverWorks for everything like some have, but I dunno :shrug:

Looking like a “one and done” based on what they’re doing to end this season. Maybe I’ll look into reading the manga instead. 

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1932849

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1931999

I feel like Shadows House has 1 more ep even though it should be finished. I enjoyed it (haven't read the manga) but I'd still read it and probably still enjoy it. But yea if 7t's not getting a 2nd season I can see why the fans are getting miffed. 

Yeah afaik there is one more episode next Saturday to wrap it up

Shadows House anime retooled the plot (with the author's help/blessing according to stuff i've read ) in case it was limited to just one season/wasn't successful. I must admit I'm not a huge fan of these changes but I get it, it's a tough market out there and covid wrecked things so much that trying to break into any longer running series is gonna be a gamble. There's apparently also been promises that a season 2 would go back on track with the manga plot but after watching ep 12 uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's gonna be clunky as fuck or just impossible. I think it's possible to tell the general story with these changes, but if y'all enjoyed the premise of this story then I'd highly recommend the manga!

It really feels like Cloverworks has too much on their plate because they've had a LOT of stuff come out that clearly has hard work and love put into it but the overall production and story changes just completely fuck it over

• Like 1

What a brilliant ending to Odd Taxi. I really really enjoyed pretty much everything about this show. Definitely something I’m going to come back to again in the future :nod:

With Odd Taxi and Fruits Basket wrapped up, my queues are almost empty now. Just one more episode of Shadows House and the Digimon. Feels good to have basically a clean slate. 

This was a really solid season :nod:

The last episode of Shadows House was pretty bad. 

It was unsatisfying for trying to "wrap up a possible 1 season but leave a hint for a possible 2nd season if approved" ending. I'm gonna have to get around to reading the manga. 

On 4/11/2021 at 5:23 PM, Anelle said:

I watched ep 1 of Shadows House........ then immediately binged the manga to current. Definitely sticking with this one! 

Is there an official source for the manga online, on any of the subscription services..? Or did you read fan translations? Despite the bad ending to the anime, I’m still a bit curious to read the manga…

As far as I can tell, Shadows House does not have an official english translation edition yet in any form, unless I've missed it (and I've searched a few times) so I've read fan scans. For the latest few chapters I used https://cubari.moe/read/gist/shadows_house/ because that's what the Shadows House subreddit recommends so fuck it :lol: Please go in knowing that the anime skipped quite a bit to get to the revelations shown so you're going to feel a bit impatient but once you catch up it's more of a complete experience story wise!! Big shit is going down with the latest chapters, so you'll get back to the thrill of new info!

I'm a bit baffled by how they chose to end the anime! What a fucking wet fart that was! Coming from the manga and knowing they went for a different telling for the anime since a season 2 wasn't guaranteed I thought I saw where they were going but nah, they went for the WELP MAYBE THERE'S SEASON TWO HERE'S SOME WEIRD LOOSE ENDS AND SOME GLIMPSES OF STUFF THAT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU BYE

• Like 1

Finally had the brainspace to sit and marathon TWEWY and loved it! Made me really miss the game, but the animation on its own was a fun experience and I really like how they handled it. It very much served its purpose of setting up hype for TWEWY Neo.... I was already excited but now..... MEGA EXCITE. 

• Like 2

GOOD NEWS SHADOWS HOUSE FANS

• Shiny 1

FUCK YES! Hopefully they fix a couple of the weird loose ends they cut off at.

They're gonna have to do some rearranging to get the plot back on point but them already announcing season 2 gives me hope that there's a good plan for that! I still encourage y'all to read the manga! Some of the recent stuff had me :OOO 

• Like 1

I used to read manga online so hard core and i honestly don't know where i lost my spoons for it. I've been getting on track with stuff on Webtoon (comics in general) But it just feels like so much work these days to keep up with any of it like streaming. 😅