Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[20/10/25] Weekly What're You Playing?

:switch: Mario 35: I've got over 50 wins and I've got my first star on it. I mostly use it as a podcast game.

:switch: :snes: Mario Picross: On Level 10 on Mario's side. Fucking love Picross.

:switch: :snes: Mario All-Stars Mario 3: Probably have to restart, I don't have enough suits to make it through World 7 by beating every level. Kinda don't like this game.

:3ds: Fire Emblem Awakening: Got my last few characters to unlock their support conversations, I'm starting to clear out the extra battles too.

:ps4: Genshin Impact: This game is fucking dangerous. It's got that Breath of the Wild "Oh what's that [Three hours later...]" thing going for it. The other night I started a quest, and then it took me two hours to get back around to it because I got sidetracked going in the opposite direction. I'd be up for multiplayer on this too, though I assume it'll chug quite a bit because the game kinda does anyways.

Also I've apparently got two or three 5-star characters in the few 10 Wish rolls that you initially get in the early parts of the game. Chaoxytal linked me to a video showing one guy spending $2000 (real money) trying to roll for the Zombie Loli Qiqi that I got in like my third roll not even specifically aiming for her, dat luck :lurk:

Finally running out of content on Destiny 2 and have mostly been getting on to see if I can get into the raids I have left to do to see those. Also slowing down on Avengers since I have all my characters leveled and their challenge cards done so just waiting until they throw some new content out. Has given me a chance to focus on some other stuff.

Started playing 'Werewolf the Apocalypse: Heart of the Forest' THIS is the kind of thing I was hoping for with the Vampire games that came out recently. It's basically a visual novel style game, but runs a character sheet like a tabletop game that effects the kind of choices you can make and responses you can give based on your stats. My wife was watching me play after she had gone through it and she kept commenting on how responses I had to give were COMPLETELY different from the options she had and how different some of the story events were because of it. Think I'm most of the way through now so it's not terribly long but interested in going through it another time or two.

Also have been playing the early access of Baldur's Gate 3. They did a really good job with this overall. It's very much early access though. Lots of bugs and wonky animations and other such issues, but this is going to be a hell of a game when its done. I'm already amazed at how open ended your options are. There is not set path to take it seems like. Even off the bat after the prologue I appear to have the option to opt out of helping the defacto "good guys" and just massacre an entire druid enclave and join a goblin horde. The visual dice rolls on making choices is interesting too. In games of this sort before I'd always push to get the 'right' answer but even the right answer can "fail" here and cause some wild shit to happen and you just kind of have to roll with it (lol). Makes for a more interesting and dynamic story already even if it can be infuriating at times too. Combat is pretty difficult for me thus far but not insurmountable. No difficulty options yet. Really interested in seeing where they take this game. Despite a lot of the bitching I see online, this definitely reminds me of the original Baldur's Gate in spirit.

On the console side of things, I've been trying to catch up on some of my backlog and started playing 'The Talos Principal'. Interesting "puzzle game with mysterious and philosophically bent story" du jour. Puzzles have been mostly straight forward but a lot of the optional stuff can get pretty wild and interesting to figure out. Story is fun if a little blatant in its subject matter. Enjoying it overall.

:switch: Hatsune Mike Project DIVA: Mega Mix :salute:

Working on getting Excellent scores on all songs on Hard difficulty, which is proving to be more of a challenge than it ever was on the Vita's Project DIVA games. Extreme is going to be a headache, and I don't know if I will go on to torture myself with Extra Extreme :rip: 

:xbone: Fallout 76 & Tour de France '18 - I still enjoy Fallout 76, in spite of it's many problems.  As for TDF '18, I love cycling and enjoy the strategy of it.

📱 Dokkan Battle - A Dragon Ball game that I enjoy way more than I should.

Bought :pc: Hades back when it was in early access. It's the same people that made Bastion, one of my favorite games from the XBox 360 era. This is kinda similar to that, but instead of a linear game, it's a roguelike (roguelite? I can never remember the difference between the terms). Didn't really play it a whole lot, but the bf was interested in it too, so I bought it for him on Switch, and we'd been playing that this past weekend, and it's a hell of a lot of fun. I'm liking it enough to pick up the PC version again, and having a blast.

• Like 1

Roguelight: random generation with SOME benefits kept between runs

Roguelike: random generation with 0 benefits kept between runs. 

So roguelite/light then

Yup, Hades is fun as hell. The final fight is a bitch and a half though. 

Been wanting to get it, but I've fallen behind on Supergiant's games so will probably wait for a sale. Still need to get Pyre and play that first. Bastion and Transistor were both incredibly fun and well put together. I've heard Hades is worth it for the music alone.

The music is pretty great. Having the bf playing in the background while I'm doing other things, hearing that music and getting hype.

• Like 1